Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Warcraft Series > Warcraft III > WC3 Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

WC3 Problems, Errors and Help Warcraft III not working? Need Help? Post all your problems here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2002   #1
I'm too cool to Post

Russell is a n00b
Angry WC3 Crashes

Ok, I read all of the other posts and this looks like a great place to get assistance. Hopefully someone else who has had the same problem can help.

I have a 3 computer network at home. Two of the comps are 1300 mhz so they are fine. I bought 2 copies of WC3 and loaded each copy onto a computer. To clarify I loaded one copy one on machine then the other on the second machine.

Everything loaded perfectly. I can get into the game perfectly. For about 10 minutes the game plays perfectly. But then all the sudden, one of the machines crashes. Actually just the game crashes. It just goes away, back to windows. We play again and the other computer crashes. We play again and switch who creates and still one computer crashes at random. Sometimes there seems to be a message that pops up to say "you have been disconnected" but other times it does not.

Now, I reinstalled on both machines......nothing. I updated drivers on my 32 mb video cards, still nothing. The computers are both 6 months old, so I doubt thats the problem.

We then went to battle.net and played, but again, got the crash.

I tried to log into a help channell on Battlenet but there are so many flamers and bots I cannot seem to get through to any help.

Does anyone know of a solution.

Like the Canadian, I am bummed. I waited years for this game and now spent $120 for the two copies and cannot play.

Russell
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2002   #2
I'm too cool to Post

Russell is a n00b
Default multiplayer probs

Also, I might add that everything seems to play fine on single player.......though I have not played a complete game, only my son, with no reported problems.

The truth is I bought this game to play multiplayer. Thats what its all about, right.

Thanks
Old July 18th, 2002   #3
Lost In Space
I need to register

I don't know if this would help or not, but look out for the follwoing:--

Harddisk space.... I have try to please on a few computers with not much space on the harddrive and sometimes we would get the same problem as you said. I think is because the game need a lot of virtual memory to run.

Also if you have set up your computer for network...try turning the DNS off and you should have a better game as well.

Hope this would help you out.

:fire:
Old July 19th, 2002   #4
I'm too cool to Post

Russell is a n00b

Since the time of that first post I made I have had some full games.

It still crashes occasionally while in battle.net, but its almost every game on the LAN.

The hard drives on these machines are very free. Space does not seem to be an issue.

As far as turning off the DNS I will look into it. I am not sure how to do that, but anything at this time is worth a shot.

Thanks
Old July 19th, 2002   #5
I'm too cool to Post

Russell is a n00b
Default NO FIX with DNS

I changed the setting on DNS you suggested. First game on LAN was disconnected.

Its almost as if mid-game, the program is checking for a CD and the CD Rom does not see it and POOF.

I can promise you that I do have a retail version of the disc is the rom -----one in each machine.
Old August 2nd, 2002   #6
AbsentSanity
I need to register

I have the same problem. It crashes back to the desktop with no error what so ever on random. It REALLY annoys me. I can't figure it out.
Old August 2nd, 2002   #7
I'm too cool to Post

Russell is a n00b

I was beginning to think it was just me.

To tell you the truth, I am just about ready to give up on it. I have deleted every file then reinstalled, however still has the same results.
Old August 4th, 2002   #8
Slightly cooler than a n00b

e10u4dnr is a n00b

How much RAM do you have running each computer? The only prob my uncle is having with WC3 is that sometimes his computer just up and restarts without doing a single thing, could be during gameplay, or rarely just idling, (if anyone knows what could be causing that problem, we would like to know why) .. also Russell.. what OS are you running on the comps? IF you have XP, it has a network setup util. and we used that on our network, and the only prob we are having is his computer restarting.

Could you possiblly have a button on your mouse set to Close (ALT+F4, prob not, but who knows...)
e10u4dnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2002   #9
I'm too cool to Post

Russell is a n00b
Default Ready to quit

I believe the RAM is 256. The OS is 98 2nd and i can promise you that the mouse does not have any special functions programed in.

Russell
Old August 11th, 2002   #10
I'm too cool to Post

Table10sHotShot is a n00b

This is getting really annoying the same thing happens to me after about 5 minutes of gameplay. Either my computershuts down or returns to the windows screen. I am playingbattlenet without anyone else in my house playing but our two main computers are still connected. I wonder if it has to do with the networking? I run windows xp,256 mb of ram and a video card that I know works because my friend used to use it to play warcraft. My mom said that whenmy computer runs applications it takes up memory but sometimes when you exit out of the applications, somehow the memory is still being used. I am just about ready, like russel, to crack my cd and be done with it. Another suggestion i have is to take one of the computers off the network adn try that computer alone. The only reason i haven't done this is because my mom yells at me every time i try to do it. If either of that works please tell me because that is the only way my mom will let me do it.
Table10sHotShot is offline   Reply With Quote