Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Warcraft Series > Warcraft III > WC3 Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

WC3 Problems, Errors and Help Warcraft III not working? Need Help? Post all your problems here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2004   #1
I'm too cool to Post

diogobaeder is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to diogobaeder
Unhappy Problems with music file inside the main sound file

Hello, everyone!!!
Hey, I was playing my FT, happilly, but it started to get the following error at an advanced stage of the game:

"This application has encountered a critical error:
The file data is corrupt.
Program: c:\arquivos de programas\warcraft iii\war3.exe
File: Sound\Music\mp3Music\Undead2.mp3"

The message is shown both in the game and in the editor, and then it closes the program.

So, I tried to seek the refered mp3, but it seems to be hidden inside another big file... for the fact that I really dont want to loose all my campaign by reinstalling the game, can anyone please tell me how to enter this main sound file and replace the MP3 in question? I tried with the Sound Editor, in the World Editor, but it only replaces the sound & music files for custom campaigns...

HEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by diogobaeder; July 28th, 2004 at 12:54 AM.
diogobaeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2004   #2
WC3Files Site Manager

Eric2534 has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Eric2534
Default Re: Problems with music file inside the main sound file

What you need is an MPQ editor, like WinMPQ, which is available on wc3files, and you can go through the .MPQ files in your warcraft3 folder. When you find the file that is corrupt, you can replace it with something else.

Eric2534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2004   #3
I'm too cool to Post

diogobaeder is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to diogobaeder
Talking Re: Problems with music file inside the main sound file

Thanks very much, buddy!!! After you suggested me, I quickly downloaded WinMPQ, so that I could replace the file...

Hey, one more thing: is there a way to find the original Undead2.mp3 in the internet? If not, could you make the great favor to extract the file and send it to me, from your copy? I dont know if Im being a moron, if I am, never mind, disconsider this... hehehe... sorry...

But, even though, thanks for everything!!!

P.S.: These programming guys like to invent so much things... hehehe... not that Im complaining, but somethimes I spend hours to fix a software issue or searching for a solution to my needs... just a few days I was goin crazy trying to burn some MPC audio files I needed to Audio CD.... man... (LOL)
diogobaeder is offline   Reply With Quote