Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > Tech Discussion

Remember Me?

Tech Discussion Technology, web, programming, hardware and software discussion | Please, no gaming related issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2014   #1
The Minister

Schofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the Admins
Send a message via MSN to Schofield
Default Mouse Problem

So as of today I've been noticing an issue with my mouse - it's left clicking only when it deems necessary. What I mean by that is, sometimes when I left click, it doesn't register that I've done so. It took me three tries to open a tab for this forum.

It's a Razer Deathadder, and it's probably around five years old. It's probably just old age getting to it, but I'm broke so I can't just go out and spend money at the first sign of trouble.

Any ideas?

Even there, I went to click behind a letter because I misspelled something, and it happened again.

Oh and I've clicked "Submit New Thread" twice now, to no avail.

Words
Words
That
That
Kill
Kill
Schofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2014   #2
Now made of people

Red Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finest
Default Re: Mouse Problem

Might be able to just put off the cover and check out what it looks like underneath.

Red Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2014   #3
The Bad

MrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limit
Default Re: Mouse Problem

Usually the mouse has a switch that is actuated by a rubber of plastic part glued to the cover of the mouse. Over time these plastic thingies can wear off. Youtube should have guides for disassembling the mouse, then you just need to figure out how to repair the broken part. Sometimes it is enough to file it down evenly.

MrFancypants is offline   Reply With Quote