GameFront Forums

GameFront Forums (http://forums.filefront.com/)
-   Tech Discussion (http://forums.filefront.com/tech-discussion-398/)
-   -   [Advice] iPod Touch 3rd or 4th Generation? (http://forums.filefront.com/tech-discussion/421264-ipod-touch-3rd-4th-generation.html)

Zedo Mann April 6th, 2010 02:03 PM

iPod Touch 3rd or 4th Generation?
 
This summer, soon after my Birthday I am going to buy an iPod Touch. Is there anything really great that the fourth generation is going to get other than a Camera. Something that might make me want to wait for it's release?

I know about Multitasking being added, but that will probably just be an update to the iPhone OS.

Junk angel April 6th, 2010 02:31 PM

Re: iPod Touch 3rd or 4th Generation?
 
To be honest I'd get the one which can be jailbroken more easier and which you can avoid using itunes with the more easier.

Zach April 6th, 2010 02:32 PM

Re: iPod Touch 3rd or 4th Generation?
 
Don't buy an Ipod Touch and get something better?

...apple sucks.

KingDino April 6th, 2010 02:36 PM

Re: iPod Touch 3rd or 4th Generation?
 
get a zune HD

Zedo Mann April 6th, 2010 02:49 PM

Re: iPod Touch 3rd or 4th Generation?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach (Post 5288099)
Don't buy an Ipod Touch and get something better?

...apple sucks.

Better MP3 Players that are the closest thing to a PC you can cram in your pocket and carry around like nothing and aren't by Apple?
:lulz:
I'm not a huge Apple fan either, but the iPod Touch seems like the best one of those you can find.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingDino (Post 5288104)
get a zune HD

:Puzzled:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junk angel (Post 5288098)
To be honest I'd get the one which can be jailbroken more easier and which you can avoid using itunes with the more easier.

:nodding:
Good idea.
(Plus I like Free Stuff :D)

Junk angel April 6th, 2010 03:09 PM

Re: iPod Touch 3rd or 4th Generation?
 
Quote:

Better MP3 Players that are the closest thing to a PC you can cram in your pocket and carry around like nothing and aren't by Apple?

I'm not a huge Apple fan either, but the iPod Touch seems like the best one of those you can find.

Archos stuff
Sony stuff
Zune HD
A lot of others.

Bubbleteatroopa April 6th, 2010 03:40 PM

Re: iPod Touch 3rd or 4th Generation?
 
Camera? Everything has a goddamn camera these days. Pretty soon your car keys are going to have a camera :P

Just get the cheaper one. I have so many goddamn cameras on all my goddamn electronics that I do not need another camera. Trust me, you DONT NEED ANOTHER ONE!!!!

Zedo Mann April 6th, 2010 04:08 PM

Re: iPod Touch 3rd or 4th Generation?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junk angel (Post 5288132)
Archos stuff
Sony stuff
Zune HD
A lot of others.

Archos and Sony don't really seem to have Apps.
Zune has barely and Apps
iPod has like a couple thousand apps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbleteatroopa (Post 5288146)
Camera? Everything has a goddamn camera these days. Pretty soon your car keys are going to have a camera :P

Just get the cheaper one. I have so many goddamn cameras on all my goddamn electronics that I do not need another camera. Trust me, you DONT NEED ANOTHER ONE!!!!

I have a digital camera, but my phone camera seems to be more used now because it's with me all the time.
Although the Digital Camera is my only one with a flash.

Zach April 6th, 2010 04:17 PM

Re: iPod Touch 3rd or 4th Generation?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedo Mann (Post 5288159)
Archos and Sony don't really seem to have Apps.
Zune has barely and Apps
iPod has like a couple thousand apps.

I have a digital camera, but my phone camera seems to be more used now because it's with me all the time.
Although the Digital Camera is my only one with a flash.

Are apps really that important?

Short answer: No
Long Answer: Hell No.

Mastershroom April 6th, 2010 04:21 PM

Re: iPod Touch 3rd or 4th Generation?
 
I love my iPod Touch. I've got the 3rd gen 64GB model. I've jailbroken it, and it's awesome. I've got all sorts of custom UI stuff, and even a working Gameboy emulator. :D

I'm not a huge Apple fan either; I would never buy a Macbook or even a desktop Mac, but I really think they struck gold with the iPod Touch, and even the iPhone if they released to different wireless carriers.

As for which one to buy, if all the 4th gen adds is a camera, I don't think it's worth it over the 3rd.


All times are GMT -7.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.