Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > Tech Discussion

Remember Me?

Tech Discussion Technology, web, programming, hardware and software discussion | Please, no gaming related issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2010   #1

Arld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finest
Default Visual Issue (Win7)

Well, I wasn't sure whether this should've been posted in graphics department or tech discussion, seeing as this is related to a visual style for Win7.

So, I changed my visual style recently, which also required me to replace explorer.exe, explorerframe.dll, shell32.dll and shellstyle32.dll. All looked good and nothing's wrong, but there's one tiny issue that is annoying the hell out of me. Here's a screenshot:
Spoiler:

As you can see, the usual browse function works properly. Just not the MSN one. Any idea what is causing this (this didn't happen before I started using alternate visual styles, etc. and using the backed-up DLLs didn't work either)?

"You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted." ĖRuth E. Renkl
I'm a huge and proud Game of Thrones fanatic. WHERE IS MY NEXT GAME OF THRONES EPISODE?!
Hey! You there; Reek!

Formerly known as G.R.A.E.M.E.

Last edited by Arld; March 25th, 2010 at 09:56 AM.
Arld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010   #2
aka noobst3R

Von II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good advice
Send a message via MSN to Von II
Default Re: Visual Issue (Win7)

Seems like a bug in the code. Tried re-installing it? If not, install it again. If it doesn't work, re-install the original first again.

If still fails, contact the maker of the theme.

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird
B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word

Also, I use the word "also" a lot.
Von II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010   #3

Arld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finest

I have re-done the theme. I'm pretty sure the problem does not lie with the actual files in the Windows\Resources\Themes folder, but DLLs instead. That's just my guess though...

"You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted." ĖRuth E. Renkl
I'm a huge and proud Game of Thrones fanatic. WHERE IS MY NEXT GAME OF THRONES EPISODE?!
Hey! You there; Reek!

Old March 25th, 2010   #4
Gettin' hardware chilly
Clan Member

kow_ciller mourns the day Revenge left the forumskow_ciller mourns the day Revenge left the forumskow_ciller mourns the day Revenge left the forumskow_ciller mourns the day Revenge left the forumskow_ciller mourns the day Revenge left the forumskow_ciller mourns the day Revenge left the forumskow_ciller mourns the day Revenge left the forums
Send a message via AIM to kow_ciller Send a message via MSN to kow_ciller Send a message via Yahoo to kow_ciller

looks like it wasn't coded properly.

Reviews
Too much hardware to keep track of
kow_ciller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010   #5

Well I've tried several themes (from different authors) and the same issue replicates. Bad code would be too coincidentally, I guess.

Hey! You there; Reek!

Old March 25th, 2010   #6

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finest

Could be a bug with MSN itself

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010   #7

Yeah, I think it's thanks to MSN. I've checked every 'browse' function, including ones such as Imageshack, etc. This problem only seems to occur when I try to use 'browse' in MSN (ie. when trying to send a file to [contact]). I'll disable this Messenger Plus! add-on and see what'll happen. Hopefully it's not basic MSN as well.

Hey! You there; Reek!