Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > Tech Discussion

Remember Me?

Tech Discussion Technology, web, programming, hardware and software discussion | Please, no gaming related issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2006   #1
I'm too cool to Post

aurir_ has disabled reputation
Default How to open *.bik files

Ok, I have this game that I just bit, namely Price of Persia Warrior within and there is a lot of cool artwork. All files have *.bik extension. I looked it up on the internet and there is some Bink Player that is supposed to open .bik files but it doesn't. It says not valid Bink file or something. This artwork is really cool and I would love to place it on my desktop. I don't want to play around with screen capture, and I don't want to run the game to see those images. Screw the video, I just want the artwork. Do you know of any way to do it???
aurir_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006   #2
Wanna go Double Dutch?
Multi Award Winner

Status: Supplying you with hot fresh coffee and chocolate cake! :coffee:
Admiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finest
Send a message via MSN to Admiral Donutz
Default Re: How to open *.bik files

from GD to the Tech Discussion.

I myself use the K-Lite Codec Pack (2.35 Full version), it plays almost any file thrown at it including .bik files. and I know because BF1942 also uses .bik media files.
Admiral Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006   #3
Old school pimp

N88TR mourns the day Revenge left the forumsN88TR mourns the day Revenge left the forumsN88TR mourns the day Revenge left the forumsN88TR mourns the day Revenge left the forumsN88TR mourns the day Revenge left the forumsN88TR mourns the day Revenge left the forumsN88TR mourns the day Revenge left the forums
Send a message via MSN to N88TR
Default Re: How to open *.bik files

.BIK movie files made by Bink Videos are stand-alone movies. They normally play by themselves without other software needed. At least I've never needed software for them to run; they just run, like an .exe file.

The one and only...
http://cahemdue.net
N88TR is offline   Reply With Quote