Originally Posted by Inquistor
No armys suck because of there all balanced its just that tyranids are basicly the best starting army for beginners thats why most pros dont use them
'Nids are in NO WAY a beginner friendly army:
1. Just about every basic gun in the game kills things in our army other than Carnifexes & Hive Tyrants.
2. Synapse is a tad tricky of a thing to grasp.
3. Money you have to spend on 'Nids is more than CSM and SM in general.
4. Lots of upgrades offered to us, but you really don't want to upgrade them all that much to make an effective army.
"Pros" are the people that use very one-minded, effective lists, such as:
1. Mech Tau
2. Mech Eldar
3. Pod Marines
4. Max. Heavy Support/Oblits Iron Warriors
5. Siren Daemon Prince from heck!
6. World Eaters Daemon bomb!
7. Alpha Legion in general.