Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Star Wars: KOTOR Series > Star Wars: KOTOR2: The Sith Lords > SW:KOTOR2 Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

SW:KOTOR2 Problems, Errors and Help Have a problem? Need help? Discuss it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2012   #1
I'm too cool to Post

77cats is a n00b
Default [solved] Ingame cutscene showing Kreia instead of Carth Onasi

Hello,

I'm replaying TSL after a long time and I think that one of the mods I installed has messed things. An ingame cutscene plays after I boarded the shuttle for Telos' surface. The cutscene should be the following:
Carth and Grenn Talk About Exile Escaping - YouTube

But inside, Cart has been replaced by Kreia (jpg) with his voice.

I guess that it's the file appearance.2da that is messed but I don't know how to fix it. I tried to edit the line for Carth with no success. Kreia has several ones, so I'm lost.

Does someone has a hint to solve this issue (other than reinstalling all the mods) ?

Last edited by 77cats; January 17th, 2012 at 03:43 AM.
77cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012   #2

Arld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finest
Default Re: Ingane cutscene showing Kreia instead of Carth Onasi

If your *.2da files have messed up already (and thus have been edited), you can't fix the issue unless you edit the *.2da files back manually, or happened to have made a back-up. It's been years since I've dabbled in KotOR2 modding, and currently don't have it installed either, so can't help you personally.

Even though you make it clear you prefer not to reinstall the modifications, but I highly recommend doing so with assistance of the KotOR Mod Manager (KMM). The tool warns you whenever there is incompatibility between mods, and if so, it'd be best to not install those together unless edited into working together.

You can find KMM here: StarWarsKnights.com - Knights of the Old Republic - Kotor TSL - The Sith Lords

"You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted." ĖRuth E. Renkl
I'm a huge and proud Game of Thrones fanatic. WHERE IS MY NEXT GAME OF THRONES EPISODE?!
Hey! You there; Reek!

Formerly known as G.R.A.E.M.E.
Arld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012   #3
I'm too cool to Post

77cats is a n00b

Thank you for your reply ~kyrillix~. The problem is now solved.

I believe that I was too tired (around 2am) to envisage reinstalling everything and too sleepy to think straight.

What I've done is that I removed every files that have kreia or carth in their name from the override folder. By replacing them in packs before testing the cutscene again, I soon found that a .utc related to carth was the problem and because I only have two mods altering this character, it was easy to spot the guilty one : Admiralty.

I just correctly reinstalled the mod via its TSLpatch and problem solved. Simple, logical... excepted when you've past your bedtime.

Now, I don't know what does the file that has been replaced, or what was the origin of the problem. It is beyond my skills and as I'm just happy to have everything back in order, I won't investigate any further.

(I firstly thought a .2da file was the problem because I hate, you know, when you've got a mod that alter one of them but without a TSLpatch to help. Editing them is not difficult unless you don't know which line to modify and how.)

I should have used KMM as you say. Thanks a lot for the link, I shall make a clean install using it.

Last edited by 77cats; January 17th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
77cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012   #4

Arld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finest

Great to hear you resolved your issue single-handedly.

Have fun playing the game!

"You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted." ĖRuth E. Renkl
I'm a huge and proud Game of Thrones fanatic. WHERE IS MY NEXT GAME OF THRONES EPISODE?!
Hey! You there; Reek!

Formerly known as G.R.A.E.M.E.
Arld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012   #5
Mister Angry Rules Guy

Lindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super Moderator

Actually, that is something of a common issue with the Admirality mod!

Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote