Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > Star Wars: KOTOR Series > Star Wars: KOTOR2: The Sith Lords > SW:KOTOR2 Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

SW:KOTOR2 Problems, Errors and Help Have a problem? Need help? Discuss it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2011   #1
I'm too cool to Post

jubjub1232 is a n00b
exclaim Cant run KOTOR 2 on windows 7

ok i really need help guys. just bought KOTOR 2 and tried installing it, everything went great, made my character, the first cut scene plays then when it comes time for the actual game to start it says theres an unexpected error or some bs.

im new to the whole patch/moding thing and have no idea what im doing lol so if u can tell me what to download and where to put the downloaded file.

and now i cant get the game to install again, it wont run the install. tried going to my computer and right clicking to install but it doesnt run

fml this is so aggrivating i just want to play KOTOR
jubjub1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011   #2

Arld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finest
Default Re: Cant run KOTOR 2 on windows 7

What downloaded file? If you're talking about actual modifications, the readme should elaborate everything. In most occasions, these files should go into your override folder.

The installation setup won't run, but could you explain what happens precisely? Does it display any type of error message?

If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so.
Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for a warning. Please report problem posts. If you're unclear about the guidelines, please read our FAQ.
Arld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011   #3
I'm too cool to Post

jubjub1232 is a n00b

i dont know what download ha what im trying to say is that i installed it ran perfectly until atfer opening cutscene and then quits. so i was wondering if there is a patch or a file that i need to play it on windows 7.

and the other problem is that i installed it, it didnt work right, so i unistalled it to try the compatibility mode running thing but when i put in the disc it doesnt start installing the game again... so i go to my computer-disk drive for KOTOR 2 and right click then auto run or install but it still doesnt start installing.

and thanks for helping man, this is so stressful lol
Old January 2nd, 2011   #4
I'm too cool to Post

jubjub1232 is a n00b

and no it does not display an error message when im trying to reinstall it
Old January 2nd, 2011   #5
Innuend-o-matic

Tricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machina
Cool Re: Cant run KOTOR 2 on windows 7

It's possible the uninstaller failed to completely remove all traces of the game from your system, specifically the Registry entry, so when you try to install the game again, installer "thinks" the game is already installed thanks to the Registry entry. Do you know how to access the Windows Registry editor and work with it without damaging your operating system by accident?
Tricorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011   #6
I'm too cool to Post

jubjub1232 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricorder View Post
It's possible the uninstaller failed to completely remove all traces of the game from your system, specifically the Registry entry, so when you try to install the game again, installer "thinks" the game is already installed thanks to the Registry entry. Do you know how to access the Windows Registry editor and work with it without damaging your operating system by accident?
no no i do not.
enlighten me?
and thanks for helping
Old January 2nd, 2011   #7
I'm too cool to Post

jubjub1232 is a n00b

holy shizzle i think i just got it to install again, praise be to yoda

now is there a certain file i need to fix the problem of it quiting right b4 the actual gameplay?
Old January 2nd, 2011   #8
Innuend-o-matic

Tricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machina
Cool Re: Cant run KOTOR 2 on windows 7

Just in case you need to reinstall the game again and run into the same wall:
Spoiler:
Go to Start → Run, type RegEdit and click OK. That should open a Registry Editor.

Now, look under HKEY_CURRENT_USER → Software. Look for anything related to Kotor 2 in any way and delete it. I don't have this game, so I don't know what exactly you need to look for, but it's usually named after the developer and/or publisher, Obsidian Entertainment / LucasArts, in this case. Be very careful not to delete anything else by accident. One wrong move can screw up your operating system beyond repair.

If you have some other Obsidian Entertainment / LucasArts game installed, be careful not to delete anything that belongs to it. Focus only on KotoR 2 related entries.

Now, check under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE → SOFTWARE, same as above. Some games tend to put entries in both places.

When you're done cleaning the Registry, close the editor, check your installation folder on your hard drive for any leftover files and folders (in case uninstaller left more junk behind), delete if you find any, reboot your computer and try installing the game again.

Now for your other problem. What graphic card do you have? Is it by any chance ATI?
Tricorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011   #9
I'm too cool to Post

jubjub1232 is a n00b

ok cool thanks man.

and im kinda a n00b when it comes to this but i think its an intel or something
this is my computer http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pav...&skuId=1260528

if that doesnt help i'll gladly check if u tell me how
Old January 2nd, 2011   #10
I'm too cool to Post

jubjub1232 is a n00b

i believe its an Intel HD which is kinda vague sounding to me...