Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > Star Wars: KOTOR Series > Star Wars: KOTOR2: The Sith Lords > SW:KOTOR2 Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

SW:KOTOR2 Problems, Errors and Help Have a problem? Need help? Discuss it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2007   #1
I'm watching you...

JCarter426 should make some friends
Send a message via Skype™ to JCarter426
Default Peragus Turbolift & KSE Problem

[I supose there are slight spoilers for Peragus]

Here's an odd one. You know the turbolift in the dormitory level? It's the one you need to enter a code in order to get back up to the administration level; once you do, you get a cutscene with Kreia, then with Atton, and then you head over to the Harbinger. I've got a problem with that quest.

In order to get the turbolift working, you need to enter a code. You do this by playing the Administrator's hololog. You then get a datapad entry for the "Turbolift Lockdown" main quest. The code is some kind of military flash code, using something similar to Roman Numerals, if I recall correctly. You get the first three numbers from the log: "3, 17, 13, and the next two numbers are--" and then that annoying medical officer cuts off the Administrator from revealing the final two numbers. You have to decipher the code using the datapd entry. The full code is 3, 17, 13, 5, 7. You then go to the turbolift and manually enter the code, but it doesn't work. You then play the holorecording in the panel, to discover that HK-50 murdered all the miners and reversed the turbolift code. "Mocking Query: Coorta? Corta are you dead yet? Smug Statement: I believe I forgot to mention that I reversed the turbolift code, in case you managed to get this far."

Now, do you know what I'm talking about? Good. Well, here's the problem: The last two times I've played, I haven't gotten the datapad entry that gives me the code. The only entries I can get are "Whatever the code is, it has to be reversed" and "You found the Administrator's log; you have the first three numbers--3, 17, 13--but without the remaining numbers, you'll have to find some other way to get to the Ebon Hawk".

Now, this isn't that much of a problem; from online walkthroughs I can get the full code, and I already know that I have to reverse it. It's just an annoyance for me, because usually I just have to tell the turbolift panel to automatically enter the reversed code, since my Intelligence is high enough. Like I said, it wasn't that much of a problem--except that I lost a little XP.

Now, in all fairness, I deserved those points. So I opened up KSE and added the appropriate amount of XP. And While I was at it, I figured I should change the datapad enty to "You entered the reversed code".

So, I did that. And when I loaded my game, the new entry wasn't there. Argh! So I closed K2, opened KSE, and got an error message saying that the entry "Turbolift Lockdown" was already in the journal or some such. So, I go to see if I accidentally added the entry twice or something. Well, here's the thing: in KSE, all my quests disappeared. I managed to get them back by removing the "Turbolift Lockdown" quest altogether. All right, forget the journal entry. I don't really care about it anyway. So, I go to hit "save changes" and I get an error message. I close KSE, open it again, and get the same error message.

"C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\pdk-[Name]\22e73e9e15cd25ae504cc095b27f742d\per158.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

I tried reinstalling KSE. No luck. So, I have two questions:

First, does anyone know the cause of the inital problem with the "Turbolift Lockdown" quest? As far as I know, I'm not using any mods that even remotely affect Peragus. In fact, almost all of the files in my Override folder are fixes for bugs later in the game.

Second, does anyone know how I can get KSE working again? Preferably without having to reinstal K2. (I already had to do that once to fix another problem.)

Project C8-42: A Knights of the Old Republic comic and novel adaptation

FF/PERSONAL OPINIONS ARE NOT ENDORSED BY FILEFRONT
JCarter426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007   #2
I'm watching you...

Default Re: Peragus Turbolift & KSE Problem

Addendum: Now I can't enter the sonic imprint sensor recording into the airlock terminal, either. Methinks I will have to reinstall the whole gorram game after all. (sigh)

Old December 29th, 2007   #3
I'm watching you...

I reinstalled, and still can't get KSE to work. I get that same error. Thing is, I don't have an "AppData" folder in my C:\User\[name] folder. There never was one. Does anyone know what to do? Help? Please?

Old December 29th, 2007   #4
I'm watching you...

Played through Peragus again, and the initial errors have been resolved--Voicepritn and Turbolift Lockdown are now working fine.

But KSE still won't work! Can someone help me, please? I need it to work for the comic I'm making...