Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Star Wars: KOTOR Series > Star Wars: KOTOR2: The Sith Lords > SW:KOTOR2 Off-Topic

Remember Me?

SW:KOTOR2 Off-Topic Come here to discuss topics not covered in the other forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2008   #1
NEKRON!!!!!!!

Fyurii is cool as iceFyurii is cool as iceFyurii is cool as iceFyurii is cool as ice
Default Revan's Fate *DUN DUN DUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!!!*

Well, I'm sure that by now we're all aware that the next KoTOR-type game, is the announced MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic.

We know that Revan had disappeared between KoTOR & TSL, into the Unknown Regions due to a threat presented by the True Sith.

Given that the setting for the MMO is three-hundred years after KoTOR, and that for anyone who visits the site can see.....
Revan never returned!!!!!! <Oh-NO!>

Also, what the hell happened to The Exile?????

So, no sign of Revan for three centuries, and the Sith have returned and pushed the recovering Republic and Jedi Order once more toward the brink of disaster.
So much so, that they even attacked Coruscant!

Yet, the attack on Coruscant lead to an unsteady treaty between The Sith Empire and The Republic
Whilst a (near) perfect set-up/backstory for the MMO, it does leave room for speculation on what happened to Revan.

Did he die?
Was he killed?
Or.....
Did he once more turn to the Dark Side????????
More information on the TOR site, tells us that the Sith Emperor had been able to extend his lifespan so that he ruled the (True) Sith, for (at least) three-hundred years.
This takes up to the time-frame of the MMO.....

Now, for my opinion on Revan's fate.

I see three options for Revan's fate.
1) He died of natural causes. Hardly a worthy end for someone who had become a legend in his own lifetime. (Well, at least the "Fanboys" would agree)

2) He began his opposition of the True Sith, but was killed in the process, which lead to the Sith smashing the Republic in two three centuries later.

Now, this is a somewhat interesting possibility for me at least.
3) He once more took the mantle of Darth Revan, Dark Lord of The Sith, and became the Sith Emperor.

Option three, would mean that Revan was still alive three-hundred years after his disappearance, and that he succumbed to the lure of the Dark Side once more.

Remember, he wouldn't be the first (or last) Sith to find a way to extend their lifespan.......

So, to get to the point.......

What are your opinions?
Did he fail?
Did he die/was killed?
Did he become the Sith Emperor?

Or, do you think something else happened.

Oh, and don't forget The Exile!
What happened to her?

/Discuss

Fyurii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008   #2
Judge Magister
4th Year Cadet

SW01 is a n00b
Default Re: Revan's Fate *DUN DUN DUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!!!*

I think he either died or was killed. The information released on the swtor website seems, to me at least, to eliminate the possibility of Revan being the Sith Emperor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.swtor.com/info/story/sith-empire
Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow led his armies in an aggressive campaign to destroy the Galactic Republic. Though the Sith were successful at first, the Jedi Order rallied back to defeat their dark counterparts, systematically destroying the Sith civilization on Korriban.

Unbeknownst to the Jedi however, the last Emperor of the Sith managed to escape the carnage and fled into Deep Space with his most trusted Dark Lords.
Afterwards, he prolongs his life with Sith magic. So, I don't think it's Revan.

As for the Exile, it seems that BioWare has chosen to overlook her, unfortunately, unless we'll hear some mention of her and Revan from this Emperor chap during the story.

'Be ye never so high, the law is above you' - Lord Denning M.R., quoting Thomas Fuller
'A Government above the law is a menace to be defeated' - Lord Scarman
SW01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008   #3
GF makes me horny

jedi_master_pikachu is a n00b

Palpatine was probibly in his mid 40's to early 50's when
he revealed himself as the emproer. he was killed i presume
25-30yrs later. making him about 70-80 yrs old. my point is
human race's in star wars even jedi & dark jedi's age.

but yoda lived to be 900 yrs old. i don't know if it was the force
or what because of what race he was. Revan living 300 yrs
(as much as i like him) is a large streach. even for a sith lord.

the new MMO as far as i've read isin't related to to revan
but I'm am pretty sure they will mention what happened to him
just & simply to answer the questions about him.
jedi_master_pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008   #4

Arld is Gaming Forums’ finestArld is Gaming Forums’ finestArld is Gaming Forums’ finestArld is Gaming Forums’ finestArld is Gaming Forums’ finestArld is Gaming Forums’ finestArld is Gaming Forums’ finestArld is Gaming Forums’ finestArld is Gaming Forums’ finestArld is Gaming Forums’ finestArld is Gaming Forums’ finest

I don't think Revan will ever return in Star Wars - perhaps they've abandoned him, who knows.

The thing that bothers me is the exile. It's just not cool that they overlooked the exile. The exile was a unique character, and I think they should've decided to include her.

As for the rest... hard to know - the developers aren't really predictable as usual...

"You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted." –Ruth E. Renkl
I'm a huge and proud Game of Thrones fanatic.
Formerly known as G.R.A.E.M.E.
Arld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008   #5
Dark Lord Of The Sith

Darth_Revan_1990 is a n00b

"Did he fail?
Did he die/was killed?
Did he become the Sith Emperor?"

1. I would say no. Whatever Revan and the Exile did it looks like it delayed the True Sith Invasion for a further 200 Years. No small task I imagine and while it doesn't seem like that long of a time it actually is since according to Canderous the Sith had only retreated into their Empire 1000 Years prior to the Jedi Civil War which was probably around the end of the Great Hyperspace War. So effectivly if this is what truly happened, Revan and the Exile gave the Jedi and the Republic something they never had before 'Time'. Time enough to regain their lost Numbers and time enough for the Republic to have the strength to fight the True Sith all on their own.

2. Most likely and to my great sorrow Yes. and probably the both of them. This is the basically the whole reason why I'm pissed.

3. Mixed feelings about this. I would love it if Revan turned out to be the True Dark Lord Of The Sith but to be perfectly honest I have and always will prefer him to be a Light Sided Jedi Knight over a Sith Lord any day of the week.

4. Final possibility. We all know that according to Traya, she thought that Revan was always true to himself whether the Prodigal Knight or the Dark Lord Of The Sith perhaps its equally possible that he found a way to endure just like this Emperor did. If Naga Sadow did it and this Emperor did it then why couldn't a Light Sider do it?

"Revan Was Power. It Was Like Staring Into The Heart Of The Force. Even Then, You Could See The Jedi He Would Slay Etched On His Soul." - Kreia

"My Time Here Is Ended. Take What I Have Taught You And Use It Well." - Darth Revan
Darth_Revan_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008   #6
NEKRON!!!!!!!

Fyurii is cool as iceFyurii is cool as iceFyurii is cool as iceFyurii is cool as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_master_pikachu View Post
Palpatine was probibly in his mid 40's to early 50's when
he revealed himself as the emproer. he was killed i presume
25-30yrs later. making him about 70-80 yrs old. my point is
human race's in star wars even jedi & dark jedi's age.

but yoda lived to be 900 yrs old. i don't know if it was the force
or what because of what race he was. Revan living 300 yrs
(as much as i like him) is a large streach. even for a sith lord.
A'sharad Hett was born before the Clone Wars, before Anakin was even a "twinkle in the Force's eye", and was still alive and kicking as Darth Krayt 130 years after the Battle of Yavin.....
That would have him being around two-hundred years old.

The Sith Lord Simus used unknown/forgotten Sith powers to preserve his head in a "jar" (think something similar to Futurama, but with a SW take on it), for one-hundred years after his defeat at Ragnos' hands.

Palpatine used clones of himself, which he inhabited the bodies of with his spirit.

So, it's not exactly a stretch of belief in SW for another Sith to do the same, as this unknown Sith Emperor had done aswell.

Please, bare in mind I'm not trying to say that Revan is the Sith Emperor, but that I find the speculative option of him being the Sith Emperor to be interesting.

Fyurii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008   #7
GF makes me horny

i agree and i toatly don't mind being corrected. but seriously revan
was toatly forgoten about. storyline wise. all we got was puzzle like hints.
do we really expect revan to acutally play a major role in the to MMO game ?
or simply to be mentioned again ?

it would be nice to finnaly have the "revan question" anwered.
but even the exile followed the same path, simply vanashing with
no explanation. maybe they wanted to just end their storylines flat ?
it is after all what happened, both revan & exile just left on their owns.
Old October 23rd, 2008   #8
I'm too cool to Post

DownloaderBizz is a n00b
Angry Re: Revan's Fate *DUN DUN DUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!!!*

the way they talked about revan leaving and not coming back , was like they pushed him off the story chart , or are planning something awesome with him

mmorpg sucks anyway so i wouldnt care even if revan was the central plot of this game
DownloaderBizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2008   #9
GF makes me horny

I agree revan a power jedi no doubt. But then they were like
"oh he's gone now, but here's the exil. Oh b.t.w. the exile also dissaper's"

Even if the TSLRP come's out i don't think it will explane anything,
if it ever get done. And the New MMO, it will either explane revans
fate or it won't.
Old October 23rd, 2008   #10
You'll never walk alone.

Ḷëģöläš is worthy of your admirationḶëģöläš is worthy of your admirationḶëģöläš is worthy of your admirationḶëģöläš is worthy of your admirationḶëģöläš is worthy of your admirationḶëģöläš is worthy of your admirationḶëģöläš is worthy of your admirationḶëģöläš is worthy of your admirationḶëģöläš is worthy of your admiration

I really hope this MMO does not fail like the last star wars MMO

Made by Muse <3
Ḷëģöläš is offline   Reply With Quote