Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > Star Wars: Jedi Knight Series > Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy > SW:JK3 Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

SW:JK3 Problems, Errors and Help JK3 not working? Need Help? Post all your problems here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2007   #1
I'm too cool to Post

ooga345 is a n00b
Default "create ui failed" error

wen i try to launch star wars jedi academy multiplayer it says created ui failed i need help so i can play!!!!!plz!!!!plz!!! if any one nows what to do plz!!!help me!!!
ooga345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007   #2
Weird and proud of it.

Hiddos is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Hiddos Send a message via Skype™ to Hiddos

Yea I got that once, too.
You might want to try this:
-Press [CTRL]+[ALT]+[DELETE]
-Click the tab 'Processes'
-Search the list for 'jamp.exe' or 'jasp.exe'
-Select it and click 'End Process'

Now if that doesn't work or one of the .exe's isn't on the list try rebooting.

EDIT: This is for Windows XP though, I don't know if Vista works the same way and I don't know if you have Vista or XP.

-Hiddos Fordes

Last edited by Hiddos; October 6th, 2007 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Hiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007   #3
PO-TA-TOES

Leevor has disabled reputation

Hmm... to me this smells like vista.. lol i had the same trouble, just rightclick your jka shortcut (be it on the desktop, quicklaunch, where ever) and go down to properties then click the compatabilty tab and check the run as admin box also run under xp sp2 for increased stability but i find its generally ok in vista. hope that helps :P
Leevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007   #4
So FEZ-tive!

Rapp_Scallion should make some friends

Or try running it in safe mode (maybe that'll do something). But seriously, isn't it like the third or fourth time we've had this question? I'm starting to get feelings of deja vu....
Rapp_Scallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007   #5
I wish I could remove the X

XScooper is a n00b

Well basically vm_Create on ui, means that the game isn't managing to run the uix86.dll properly.

This usually happens when you either have 2 games running, meaning that the uix86.dll is already in use, or if it doesn't find it at all. The game cannot run the .dll files directly from pk3 files. And if you're running vista, you should know that vista seems to have big problems with handling pk3's and dlls properly.

So, no matter the cause, here is how to fix it:
Find out what mod the server you're trying to join is. If it has no mod, then the folder you need to worry about is base. If it's ja+ the folder will be japlus.

Go into base folder, and make sure you have uix86.dll, cgamex86.dll and, if you want to CREATE a game --> jampgamex86.dll.

If you cannot find them, they're inside the assets3.pk3, with the 1.01 patch that is. Just extract them into the base folder from there.

Now, if you're using some other mod. Create the modfolder, if it's not already created. And make sure the .dll files are there too, either with extracting from the modfiles pk3s or from the assets3.pk3.

Also, some people seem to either be unable to follow these instructions, or simply just having bad luck. But it seems like they cannot get it to work instantly, but they usually come running day after saying "now it works" so maybe you could do a restart if it doesn't work the first time?

[Edit]
Forgot to say, the UI is the first thing that loads when you start game, for the main menu. But at once you join a game it will try and load the cgamex86.dll as well. So it's not enough to only fix this problem for the ui. You'll only get cgame after ^^
XScooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008   #6
I'm too cool to Post

phil_035 is a n00b
Default Re: "create ui failed" error

wat if ur just trying to load the mp screen
phil_035 is offline   Reply With Quote