Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > Star Wars: Jedi Knight Series > Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy > SW:JK3 Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

SW:JK3 Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2014   #1
I don't spend enough time here

Kenoi is a n00b
Default Model Conversion - Ahsoka

Hi,

I'm looking for an experienced JO/JA model-maker to advise me if there is any way to covert this XNALara (MESH) model into a Quake3/JA/JO one as a selectable character in-game:

SW Clone Wars Adventures - Ahsoka Tano (S3 Outfit) by TRDaz on deviantART

I would love to do this myself if possible to learn. I'm quite new to model-making and I would need guidance.

Is anyone interested to help out?
Kenoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014   #2
I don't spend enough time here

Kenoi is a n00b
Default Re: Model Conversion - Ahsoka

I've figured out how to export the MESH file into an OBJ file, and I was able to import the model into Autodesk Softimage Mod Tool 7.5.

I'm stuck at this point, however, as I can't find a good beginner's model-making tutorial for JK/Mod Tool.

I realize I need to rig the model to the JA default skeleton somehow and to cut it into parts (head, torso, etc.), but the instructions I can find are so vague, I don't know where to start!

Can anyone help, please?
Kenoi is offline   Reply With Quote