Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Star Wars: Jedi Knight Series > Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy > SW:JK3 Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

SW:JK3 Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2011   #1

Emperor of the Moon

Nozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to follow
Send a message via MSN to Nozyspy
Default The November - December JKFiles Weapon Modelling Contest Starts Today!

*EDIT* There seems to have been a little confusion as to the theme of the contest, sorry i should have kept a better eye on the original thread! Therefore i am changing the rules of the contest so that it is now theme free, meaning you can create any weapon you want, from wherever you want!

The November - December JKFiles Weapon Modelling Contest Starts Today!

A contest has been brewing over in our modding forums for a little while now and there seems to have been a lot of interest, so without further ado here are the rules which Raz0r from the forums has helped draw up!

The contest starts today, Wednesday 9th November 2011 and will run until January 1st 2012.

The contest is theme free. This means that you can create whatever weapon you want, from wherever you want!

Rules
  • The weapon must work!
  • The Weapon must be created by the entrant. You may only submit your own work!
  • You must follow the JKFiles submission guidelines as normal.
  • Please do not use model(s) or texture(s) ported from other games to make your Weapon.
  • You MUST include [CONTEST] before your Weapon's name in the name section when submitting your entry, to avoid confusion and possible accidental disqualification, since we may upload your Hilt thinking it is a normal submission.
  • Three finalists will be chosen by the staff and the community will be able to vote in a site poll for who they think should win the contest!

Information

• The contest is theme free. This means that you can create whatever weapon you want, from wherever you want!
  • The files will only be posted after the contest deadline, and will only have a brief summary rather than a review to avoid biasing the voters. All submissions will be fully re-reviewed once the contest has finished.
  • The contest will last for around 2 months, the deadline for entries is January 1st 2012.
  • If you need any help or have any questions, don’t forget to check out our JKA Modding Forums! Unfortunately however, our site email account is not working at the moment.
Judging

There will be no skill categories for this contest, all entries will be judged equally!

Weapons will be judged on the following criteria:
  • Texture quality.
  • Shader usage.
  • Model detail.
  • Console Errors/Warnings.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that should just about cover everything. If you have any questions, don’t forget to comment in the forums and we will try and answer any questions you have! As I mentioned earlier unfortunately our site email account is not working at the moment, so we cant be contacted through those means. However we have had word that we should be getting a new official email address soon! Apologies for any inconvenience!

Good luck with your modelling and we look forward to seeing all of your contest entries!

Nozyspy
JKFiles Manager

Personal opinions are not endorsed by FileFront.

Last edited by Nozyspy; November 11th, 2011 at 09:08 PM.
Nozyspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011   #2
Knight Fall Operative

Silverfang22 is a regular member
Send a message via AIM to Silverfang22 Send a message via MSN to Silverfang22
Default Re: The November - December JKFiles Weapon Modelling Contest Starts Today!

Really? A theme of star wars weapons? Well I just lost interest. I was strongly under the impression there wouldn't be a theme at all, and I'm so bored of modeling star wars weapons (JKG etc).

Reading back on the thread the 'community driven' version doesn't have a theme, but for some reason the 'official' one does?

Silverfang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011   #3
[Insert User Title Here]

Inyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured One
Send a message via MSN to Inyri Forge
Default Re: The November - December JKFiles Weapon Modelling Contest Starts Today!

Something like that. I haven't changed mine at all.
Inyri Forge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011   #4
Worse than most terrible

Raz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as Revenge

You can participate in both, or either.
The official contest stuck with a theme so newbies don't get carried away making something ridiculous they'll give up on.

Experience is experience

PLAY MORE PROMODE
Raz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011   #5
[Insert User Title Here]

Inyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured One
Send a message via MSN to Inyri Forge

I'll be interested to see how many newbie modelers you attract.
Inyri Forge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011   #6
Worse than most terrible

Raz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as RevengeRaz0r is almost as leet as Revenge

Something tells me I won't be. =[

PLAY MORE PROMODE
Raz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011   #7

Emperor of the Moon

Nozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to followNozyspy - an example to follow
Send a message via MSN to Nozyspy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang22 View Post
Really? A theme of star wars weapons? Well I just lost interest. I was strongly under the impression there wouldn't be a theme at all, and I'm so bored of modeling star wars weapons (JKG etc).

Reading back on the thread the 'community driven' version doesn't have a theme, but for some reason the 'official' one does?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
You can participate in both, or either.
The official contest stuck with a theme so newbies don't get carried away making something ridiculous they'll give up on.

Experience is experience
Apologies guys, i didnt know the people in the original thread had decided on a theme free weapon mod contest, therefore i have changed the rules of this contest to fit in line with the original ideas of contest ideas thread so that there arent two completely seperate contests running side by side!

Apologies!

Personal opinions are not endorsed by FileFront.

Last edited by Nozyspy; November 11th, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
Nozyspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011   #8
Addicted to GF

Mr. Wonko should make some friends

One weapon seems manageable... I just don't really know what to do. A modern gun/rifle? Something ordinary, like an M4, Desert Eagle, P90 or M16? Something not so ordinary - a railgun or a minigun? I'd have less references though... Or a sword/saber? I just don't know yet. Any suggestions?
Mr. Wonko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011   #9
227272-Epic Userid

M.Eales should make some friends
Send a message via Skype™ to M.Eales

I'll give this a shot, are there any tuts on blender for jk3? Else I'll just convert to obj and open in gmax

M.Eales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011   #10
Addicted to GF

Mr. Wonko should make some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Eales View Post
I'll give this a shot, are there any tuts on blender for jk3? Else I'll just convert to obj and open in gmax
There's a good MD3 exporter for 2.49 which you could use. Since you won't need to animate weapons, md3view's md3 to glm conversion will do.

I suppose I should convert an md3 exporter to 2.5+ some day...
Mr. Wonko is offline   Reply With Quote