Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Star Wars: Jedi Knight Series > Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy > SW:JK3 Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

SW:JK3 Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2009   #1
I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

Liquid fire has a powerful reputationLiquid fire has a powerful reputationLiquid fire has a powerful reputationLiquid fire has a powerful reputationLiquid fire has a powerful reputationLiquid fire has a powerful reputation
Default Comment on my yoda hut?

I just started work on it, but as some of you know I have a major hard on for Yoda's hut . If Iswer or anyone else will help me work on it, connect to me through PMS . I would love any help from someone with basic scripting knowledge who can script me a stove, etc etc.

Tell me what you think? I am following several concept photos, stock photos, this time to do this right . The inside , must line up with the outside in which in real life the model in the film did not.

I have taken some design classes so I can model a little better, but this still wont be amazing work, but I am going to make this map regardless. I am going through some difficulties in life, and this is what I need right now.

Thanks

This is obviously under construction, just started it today really. Been working for just a few hours.

Its a little flat without the proper lighting and shadows as well but give it a few moments in a stare.

For the map I am only planning a few things, a swamp, a X wing, a cave , and fun, goofy scripting surprises . Just enough to give you atmosphere, but no more than what you see in the films.

Last edited by Liquid fire; May 7th, 2009 at 03:24 PM.
Liquid fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009   #2
EAT ME!

NAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a Moderator
Send a message via AIM to NAB622
Default Re: Comment on my yoda hut?

Wow, that certainly is small...and not very detailed yet. But since you said it's only a few hours worth of work, I have to say that's more than I could have done in the same amount of time.

I would suggest un-stretching those textures on the curve patches. It'll look 100% better with normal-looking walls.

Scripting a stove? What do you want it to do? Unless you want a rickrolling/dancing stove, you can probably get away with just some func_doors and shader trickery.

I won't be much help other than advice, though. Too much going on to get involved, sorry.
NAB622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009   #3

Liquid fire has a powerful reputationLiquid fire has a powerful reputationLiquid fire has a powerful reputationLiquid fire has a powerful reputationLiquid fire has a powerful reputationLiquid fire has a powerful reputation

Ha, a reply, ok I'll try not stretching as much, I'll send you a copy to play with later on.
Old May 8th, 2009   #4

Before I go work on my tedious college work I'll post some more shots , I'll post wireframe, and instead shots later .

Old May 8th, 2009   #5

Before I go work on my tedious college work I'll post some more shots , I'll post wireframe, and inside shots later .

Oh, a rick and roll stove , or something that strange would just be too funny. I might do something like that. One major problem with yoda huts in JK is that the player model isn't small enough, doesn't duck down enough to fit into the yoda tunnel.

Maybe I will design it for yoda small models only??

Old May 8th, 2009   #6
File Finder Xtreme

Forceboat should make some friends

Well, that's up to you if you want to scale the map only for small models. Other wise it is looking okay, Liquid fire. Here's two good "small" models you could probably fit in there other than Artoo or Yoda:

Younglings, Jedi Knight 3 Downloads, Jedi Knight 3 Star Wars

Ewok SP, Jedi Knight 3 Downloads, Jedi Knight 3 Star Wars

Dark Forces Mod, part 2
Imminent Sound Designer
http://dfmod.blogspot.com/

Mysteries of the Sith Mod
Sound Designer
http://z13.invisionfree.com/motsmod
Forceboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceboat View Post
Well, that's up to you if you want to scale the map only for small models. Other wise it is looking okay, Liquid fire. Here's two good "small" models you could probably fit in there other than Artoo or Yoda:

Younglings, Jedi Knight 3 Downloads, Jedi Knight 3 Star Wars

Ewok SP, Jedi Knight 3 Downloads, Jedi Knight 3 Star Wars
Actually that is a good idea, I think I am going to get some models off JK files and put them in there. I'll try to work, improve the look. I'll let you and the other guy play with the map once I get it to a point that I am ready to share .

If anything I will finally finish a yoda map, and inspire better, I really do like what I have so far, as far as game play goes the inside is homely , nice.
Old May 8th, 2009   #8
Queef Richards

Authuran is everybody’s bitchAuthuran is everybody’s bitchAuthuran is everybody’s bitchAuthuran is everybody’s bitchAuthuran is everybody’s bitch

i'd say just fix the textures, or get new ones that are a solid color.

~AKA bilk glinton
Authuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authuran View Post
i'd say just fix the textures, or get new ones that are a solid color.
I'll try that, and I'll send you the link to try the map as well.

To my surprise I can color the outside separate from the inside last time I did this map I messed it up and was not as fortunate .
Old May 8th, 2009   #10

For the side you don't see in the film I am doing my own unique take for the hut, as it is never defined in reality .

Still not lite up, every comment gets a free sneek peak, and if anyone wants to work with me, support me feel free to say so in a pm or wherever.

Here is my inspiration for the project...Am I a bad person, am I over reacting ? - Yahoo! Answers

It will be done in memory of all those people I've lost , and everyone that I know , care about that suffers.