Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > Star Wars: Jedi Knight Series > Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy > SW:JK3 Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

SW:JK3 Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2008   #1
JKG Project Founder

Seek3r is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Seek3r
Default Jedi Knight Galaxies - Large Online RPG

Jedi Knight Galaxies is a Multi-Player Modification for Jedi Academy designed for RPG gaming amongst a group of 100 - 200 players across several servers simultaneously, each server acting as a new planet. This project is a full-scale modification with new & customised characters, maps, weapons, gameplay, force powers, menu systems, music, animations, effects... and much much more.

In Jedi Knight Galaxies, you live your life in the Star Wars galaxy. Upon begining your journey, you are immediately prompted with personalisation choices, such as clothes, species, gender and more. You will find the feature of 'choice' quite common in this game because thats what JKG is all about. Visit the towns of Tatooine, travel to Dantooine, explore the tombs on Korriban, check out an Imperial Space Station. Be good, be evil, be something between.. maybe a little of both depending on the day. Customise your character to be unique, build up your inventory of weapons and items, go on interesting quests by yourself or with your friends, visit the local cantina and play a game of Pazaak or check out the eye-candy... the possibilities are endless.

With continued updates, events, and new worlds to visit along your journey with us, this game will enthrall you once more. Please keep visiting here for updates, and we'd love to hear your feedback, ideas and any questions you might have.

Check out our Video, Image and News releases:

Jedi Knight Galaxies - Official Website

Register at the Official Community Forum:

Jedi Knight Galaxies - Forum

Register at our forum and show your support for the mod, this is a completely community driven iniative, we want to hear your ideas and hopes for this game, so we can bring them to life!

Any questions, ideas, doubts, or anything else you have to contribute is fantastic and very welcome at our forum, so what are you waiting for!
Silverfang22 likes this.

Last edited by Seek3r; August 29th, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
Seek3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008   #2
(JAWA) Leader

SiLink should make some friends
Send a message via MSN to SiLink
Default Re: :: JKA Galaxies Mod ::

Great to hear the ball is rolling again, I was quite disappointed when I saw no progress a few years back XD
SiLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008   #3
JKG Project Founder

Seek3r is a n00b

Yes its a shame that it was never completed before now, but thats ok because we are getting it done this time.

Please feel free to register at the galaxies mod forum and give your ideas.
Old September 17th, 2008   #4
I don't spend enough time here

Fenske is a n00b

I can't wait to put this in my computer...
Good job guys.

Fenske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008   #5
JKG Project Founder

Seek3r is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenske View Post
I can't wait to put this in my computer...
Good job guys.
You will need to be patient then! but I will be sure to let you know when its released. In the meantime, make an account at the forum to keep track of the progress mate!

www.jkgalaxies.com

Last edited by Seek3r; November 24th, 2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Updated URL
Old September 17th, 2008   #6
I'm too cool to Post

w0lf is a n00b

ah, got it here now do we? hope we get some great modders helping here ^_^
w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008   #7
JKG Project Founder

Seek3r is a n00b

I forgot to mention in the original post that this is a Multiplayer mod.

Old September 17th, 2008   #8
GF makes me horny
NavyTrooper

sithlord6 is a n00b

Insanity, not only probably the most ambitious mod ever... but it actually has some progress.

Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And women. And women who dress like men. For Gilgamesh, IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!
sithlord6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008   #9
EAT ME!

NAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a ModeratorNAB622 is as cool as a Moderator
Send a message via AIM to NAB622

I kinda of assumed it was multiplayer when you mentioned traveling between planets.

How you gonna do it with just 32 players?? I'll assume you have something in the way of a workaround, but I'm interested in knowing what it is. IMO, that's one of the major determining factors.

I'm interested in this - I had an idea for time-travel maps, where you could go back and forth in time.....is this similar? Or are you going to be sent between servers to go to the different places?

You're pushing a lot of the game's limits....way to go.
NAB622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008   #10
(JAWA) Leader

SiLink should make some friends
Send a message via MSN to SiLink

I guess one server could be a planet and when you get close to the planet in a ship then (Like in Spore) you connect to that world and it loads the gamedata (I've heard this is possible with scripting and triggers)

But then you'd need dedicated servers have the same map all the time so I'm guessing you'll be purchasing servers for the mod? Or have I completely gotten it wrong XD?
SiLink is offline   Reply With Quote