Old February 21st, 2007   #1
I pity the fool!!

buckfast76 is a n00b
Default Finding out my fps

Hi,

Downloaded the demo and after following the various options provided on forums for improving performance on my machine the game seems to be running pretty smoothly.

Ive got a laptop with a 3G processor , 512mb ram and a 128mb graphics card (just about min specs)

People talk about there fps (frames per second i think) and i wanna know how to find out mine.

Its really cos im trying to work out if my system will run the game smoothly on big battles, and hence whether its worth buying the full game.

Any helps appreciated

Thnx

Personal Opinions are not endorsed by FileFront.
buckfast76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007   #2
Now with more red

SciComHam is nobody special
Send a message via AIM to SciComHam Send a message via Yahoo to SciComHam
Default Re: Finding out my fps

I really don't think your PC will run big battles, mine only runs them at 4ps ands it's better than yours (Athlon 3200+ 64, 1.5gb RAM, Radeon X850XT 256mb PCI-E).

The system requirements are very high, I doubt any PC now costing less than £1000 will run the biggest maps with the higest unit limit at a watchable framerate. Luckily the game has such a long life that I'll be playing it when a PC that can do that costs only £600

Up the workers! Down McDonalds!
SciComHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007   #3
I pity the fool!!

buckfast76 is a n00b

Thanks for the advice scicomham, unfortunately my heart beat my head and i bought it!, its running well enough so far (in safe mode) its brilliant!! might try and stretch to a ram upgrade on pay day.......

Old February 25th, 2007   #4
I'm too cool to Post

justasm has disabled reputation

Btw, how do you improve the game's performance? Do you just lower the graphic settings, etc? I have the game and its great, but im nearly 100% sure that the fps will go down to a crawl on bigger battles on your laptop...( It does on my comp... :-( )
justasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007   #5
Resynchronizing with Reality
Sorry, You're Not a Winner

Datarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admiration
Send a message via Skype™ to Datarock

Well, the shadows usually take up alot of your performance and they actually use your CPU mostly. Turn them off for increased performance. It may work, however it may not, depending on your system specs.
Datarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007   #6
Awkward...

Cloak Raider is someone we should all be proud ofCloak Raider is someone we should all be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Cloak Raider

I never have shadow fidelity on, the amount of lag is causes is hurrendous. I usually average about 30 fps, but if I cleaned up I could get it to 50. Oh and scicomham, his laptop could probably run it better than yours because it is a VERY processor intensive game. But a RAM upgrade couldn't hurt.

VG Cats ftw.
Cloak Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007   #7
I pity the fool!!

buckfast76 is a n00b

To increse performance, I turned the laptops power settings to 'always on'.
I changed my sound cards acceleration to basic. Run the game in safe mode, and close down every program running on comuter (internet connection, firewall, quick time etc),updated all my drivers, defraged my laptop, i even use ctrl alt delete to give the game high priorty . I'm not sure how much all this actally hepls but it doesnt hurt.

i'm on level 1 of the uef campaign and everthings fine till i go near the enemy base, which slows it down to practically unplayabel!!!!!!!! ive even tried decreasing the game speed to -10,

surely meeting the min requirements should mean the games playable? oh well, unless any1 else has any ideas it'll be going on ebay.

Old February 26th, 2007   #8
I'm too cool to Post

justasm has disabled reputation

Well, I'm just above the min reqs, and I've been doing fine...on medium settings and with shadow fidelity... Sure it does lag up a bit on the end of missions when i need to attack the bases with great amounts of units, but its playable^^
justasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007   #9
I pity the fool!!

buckfast76 is a n00b

Just a quick update for anyone who cares,

Upgaded to 1gb ram and games running like a dream!