Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Star Trek: Legacy > STL Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

STL Problems, Errors and Help Star Trek: Legacy not working? Need Help? Post all your problems here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2007   #1
The Carbon Comrade

Flash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the Admins
Default My System Specifications

Right, so Legacy asks for the following:

- Windows XP Home w/ Service Pack 2
- DirectX 9.0
- Intel Pentium 4 (2.66Ghz+) / AMD Athlon 2800+
- 128MB Graphics
- 512 RAM
- 5GB Hard Disk Space

My Computer Specifications are as follows:

- Windows XP Home w/ Service Pack 2
- DirectX 9.0
- AMD Athlon 2800+ (2.7GHz)
- 128MB Graphics (nVidia GForce FX 5200)
- 512 RAM
- 160GB HDD (with plenty of room to spare)

Yet, it is extremely laggy. The animations / logos and such upon the loading of the game (where it says made by Bethesda etc), and then upon the Menu Screen, it also seems 'laggy'. - I've yet to try it in-game.

Why is this? My system specifications check out. Just a bad copy of the game, or something more terminal?

It's Probin' Time
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007   #2
The Carbon Comrade

Flash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the Admins
Default Re: My System Specifications

Edit: Just tried it in-game, and its as laggy as hell.

It's Probin' Time
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007   #3
Destroyer of Worlds

cungi is a n00b

I'd say its your graphics card and maybe ram. I had an FX5200 3 years ago and even then it was poop.

At the mo i'm running P4 3ghz, 2gb ram, X800XT and it will play on high detail with almost no lag. And my pc is three years old. A decent card might help your problem.

Tried it on a friends pc with Geforce 6200 and p4 2.6ghz and its laggy as hell
cungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007   #4
Sgt. Bullet Hole Monk[AOF]
Warrior 3rd Class - Sogh

DarkTau should make some friends

It's because of your graphics card. Games haven't supported the FX 5200 for about 2 years now. I recommend upgrading to a Geforce FX 6600GT at least. I have a AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2.083GHz OCed to 2.2GHz, GeForceFX 6600GT 128MB, 1.25GB DDR RAM @ 233Mhz, WinXP HE SP2 and two 60GB HDD with only the occasional sound lag at loading screens.

Proud Member of the AOF.
DarkTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007   #5
Retired

tiptop has disabled reputation

RAM isn't the problem.
It's the graphics card.
tiptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007   #6
Resynchronizing with Reality
Sorry, You're Not a Winner

Datarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admiration
Send a message via Skype™ to Datarock

It could well be the RAM actually. I recommend you update your Graphics card to at least an Nvidia Geforce FX 6600 as stated, it shouldnt cost too much, just pop into PC World and ask.

If you have the money to spare, you could pick youself up a PCI-E card, thats if you have a PCI-E slot?

Also, you may need to get yourself at least another half a gigabyte of RAM before considering playing it. More RAM would help, alot.

Then, with your upgraded GFX Card and the RAM working together, you will have a better chance of playing it without lag.
Datarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007   #7
I would die without GF

Bs|Archaon is close friends with everybodyBs|Archaon is close friends with everybodyBs|Archaon is close friends with everybodyBs|Archaon is close friends with everybodyBs|Archaon is close friends with everybodyBs|Archaon is close friends with everybodyBs|Archaon is close friends with everybody
Send a message via MSN to Bs|Archaon

As people have said, an FX5200 is useless when it comes to gaming. I know you're probably thinking "Wtf, it's a 128mb card and it says a 128mb card!" and the only thing I can really say to console you is that the minimum and recommended specs on game boxes, game websites etc are massively dumbed down. A 128mb card covers anything from a low-end GeForce 4 (such as an MX440, which is even worse than your GeForce FX5200) up to some high end 6 series cards (GeForce 6800).

Now a GeForce 4 isn't going to have much chance with a game like this, but a GeForce 6800 is enough to run it on full settings and come back for more. And yet both are 128mb cards.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
BFG GeForce 8800GTS 320MB | Dell 2407WFP-HC & Samsung 40" 1080p LCD
Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3, Denon AVR-2309 & Tangent Clarity 4 (Stereo)
300Gb WD VelociRaptor & ~3TB Storage | Lian Li V531B | Silverstone ST60F 600w
Bs|Archaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007   #8
Retired

tiptop has disabled reputation

I have Sempron 3000 AM2 GeForce 7600GS 256MB and 512 MB RAM

It runs great. So the RAM ins't the problem.
tiptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007   #9
The cake is a lie.
There is no cake.

The Joelteon7 does a good jobThe Joelteon7 does a good jobThe Joelteon7 does a good jobThe Joelteon7 does a good jobThe Joelteon7 does a good job
Send a message via MSN to The Joelteon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop View Post
GeForce 7600GS 256MB

It runs great. So the RAM ins't the problem.
You do however have a pretty shiny graphics card, so in that sense, you're absolutely fine. This game just loves graphics, so really, it's a case of "How much did you pay for your card?" in terms of if you can play it well.

The 'The' adds class

Personal opinions are not endorsed by FileFront
The Joelteon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007   #10
Resynchronizing with Reality
Sorry, You're Not a Winner

Datarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admiration
Send a message via Skype™ to Datarock

A Geforce 7600GS 256MB from what i have seen, can cost anywhere between £70-£100, depending on where you get it from.
Datarock is offline   Reply With Quote