Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Star Trek: Starfleet Command III > Starfleet Command III General Discussion

Remember Me?

Starfleet Command III General Discussion Discuss anything related to Starfleet Command III here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2005   #1
I'm too cool to Post

Jpanmefrk is a n00b
Default Lost SFC3 CD, please help! *Revised*

Ok, I think I worded my previous post incorrectly. I bought the game, played it for a long time, but lost interest in it. But now I feel like playing it again, but can't find the CD anymore. I don't want to buy another one, so I was hoping there was some way to bypass the whole having to buy another game. I have my own serial number, and everything else but just don't have the CD anymore. So does anyone have any ideas? Sorry about the confusion in the last post, I hope this one made a little more sense.
Kevin
Old March 14th, 2005   #2
It's Not Easy Being Green

FN_lewrbm69 is a regular member
Send a message via AIM to FN_lewrbm69 Send a message via MSN to FN_lewrbm69
Default Re: Lost SFC3 CD, please help! *Revised*

dame u dont give up do you, man i am saying you are asking for a NO CD crack indrectly man that is the only thing stoping you form playing man plz get the message delete the sfc3 folder an be dont with it u find your CD good for you u dont u got 700MB free on your HD.

ill leave this one open so people can flam you

AMD phenom II 4x 2.3 @ 3.2gbz | 4gb dd3 1333Mhz | BFG nvidia 9800 oc tg 512mb | Xfi gameing | freezone Cooling system

Personal opinions are not endorsed by FileFront
Old March 14th, 2005   #3
Dead Tired.
Crewman

Ravermandsaint is a n00b
Thumbs up honest response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpanmefrk
Ok, I think I worded my previous post incorrectly. I bought the game, played it for a long time, but lost interest in it. But now I feel like playing it again, but can't find the CD anymore. I don't want to buy another one, so I was hoping there was some way to bypass the whole having to buy another game. I have my own serial number, and everything else but just don't have the CD anymore. So does anyone have any ideas? Sorry about the confusion in the last post, I hope this one made a little more sense.
Kevin
You have to be honest here kevin...if it is just that, that you lost you're cd, I didnt say a word . But dont ask (directly or indirectly) for nocdcracks around here. You wont get no were. These are probably honest-paying people. Its ofcourse ok to enquire about problems you might have, in the problems and errors section of sfc3 forum.

HD2900XT 2x10k raptors striped 150G each. Dual core PC something lolz.

Last edited by Ravermandsaint; March 14th, 2005 at 01:38 AM.
Old March 14th, 2005   #4
Victory is Life!
Warrior 3rd Class - Sogh

Werner_Stenyotovich is a n00b

There is a method that doesn't require any illegal cracks. Use the TALDREN AUTHORIZED method instead. Go into your SFC3 intall directory, and find the file called SFC.ini. Open it, and scroll down to the [UI] heading. At the bottom of this section, add the following line:
MakeItSo=1
Now, the game WILL play without the CD, assuming you have the latest patch. Get it from starfleetcommmadn3.filefront.com if you don't.

By the way, this method is 100% LEGAL AND AUTHORIZED BY TALDREN. This is NOT an illegal NoCD Crack, so DO NOT TRY TO SAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 14th, 2005   #5
Dead Tired.
Crewman

Ravermandsaint is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Lost SFC3 CD, please help! *Revised*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMunroe
There is a method that doesn't require any illegal cracks. Use the TALDREN AUTHORIZED method instead. Go into your SFC3 intall directory, and find the file called SFC.ini. Open it, and scroll down to the [UI] heading. At the bottom of this section, add the following line:
MakeItSo=1
Now, the game WILL play without the CD, assuming you have the latest patch. Get it from starfleetcommmadn3.filefront.com if you don't.

By the way, this method is 100% LEGAL AND AUTHORIZED BY TALDREN. This is NOT an illegal NoCD Crack, so DO NOT TRY TO SAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This should be a great tip to take all existing doubts away .

Old March 14th, 2005   #6
I'm too cool to Post

Jpanmefrk is a n00b

Wow, someone with a brain! Thanks ChrisMonroe. I can now play my game again. I really do appreciate all your help. Now I don't understand why everyone thinks I was asking for a crack. Now for starters I'm 21, not 12. Secondly, I'm not one who downloads programs illegally. Please in the future, try to open your minds, and not automatically assume the worst of someone, thanks!
Kevin
Old March 14th, 2005   #7
Alternate Universe Guru

Victory123 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Victory123

The no CD edit is a part of the v534B patch. If you were running that version you'd have it.

Old March 15th, 2005   #8
Dead Tired.
Crewman

Ravermandsaint is a n00b
Red face i feel stupid

Jpanmefrk, i must say i'm sorry I was thinkin' that. The idea was brought to me by the moderator here (FN_lewrbm69). Guess it was little brainless :lol: .

It was also a little premature to think emediately that it was about a crack . And I dont even have cruel opinion about people who "no-cd-crack". And certainly nothin wrong with saving youre legal install SFC3... Now i feel a little stupid .

Forgive me !

Old March 15th, 2005   #9
Victory is Life!
Warrior 3rd Class - Sogh

Werner_Stenyotovich is a n00b

You're certainly welcome. Only one small request: Please spell ChrisMunroe with a "u", not an "o" (ChrisMonroe). I tend to get quite annoyed when people spell/pronounce my name wrong.
Old March 16th, 2005   #10
Trekkie At Large.....

Greenvalv knows it's spelt 'colour'Greenvalv knows it's spelt 'colour'Greenvalv knows it's spelt 'colour'

Hehe, they always spell mine with an "e" on the end (Greenvalve).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpanmefrk
After rereading this, I see that Jpanmefrk made known he lost his CD, so the Cd-crack shouldn't have been assumed. Next, he's sorta' vague about still having the game installed on his computer, hence the confusion.

Chris, good work on interpreting it correctly.

Personal opinions are endorsed by me, myself, and I...
Closed Thread