Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Starcraft 2 > Starcraft 2 Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

Starcraft 2 Problems, Errors and Help Starcraft 2 not working? Need Help? Got useful tips on (technical) difficulties you experienced? Post all your problems and suggestions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2009   #1
Revenge was here.

Warborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognition
Default Starcraft 1 screen size problems

I know this is for Starcraft 2 but there is no Starcraft 1... and we are yet to see Starcraft 2.

I started playing Starcraft 1 on my laptop for the first time and the screen size is only 4" x 5" ... this is way to small. I couldn't find anyway in the game to adjust it. Does anyone know how to do it?
Warborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2009   #2
Innuend-o-matic

Tricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machina
Cool Re: Starcraft 1 screen size problems

I don't think it's possible. As fas as I know, resolution is set at 640 x 480 by default and can't be changed. I could be wrong, ofcourse.
Tricorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2009   #3
Revenge was here.

Warborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognition
Default Re: Starcraft 1 screen size problems

I was afraid of that. It works full screen on my desktops but not on the laptop. I remember there was another game that was also small on the laptop but I was able to adjust it
Old February 8th, 2009   #4
Innuend-o-matic

Tricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machina
Cool Re: Starcraft 1 screen size problems

Yeah, it works in full screen on my desktop computer too. My friend has StarCraft installed on his laptop and it works in full screen for him too. I was with him when he installed it, so I know for sure he didn't have to make any adjustments. Have you tried changing the screen resolution?
Old February 8th, 2009   #5
Revenge was here.

I'll have to try that, I'm not sure what Windows has it at(seems standard)
Old February 8th, 2009   #6
Call me Pingwin

Metall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presence
Send a message via AIM to Metall_pingwin Send a message via MSN to Metall_pingwin

There should be two ways to fix this.

1) Set your screen resolution to the same as in-game before launching. The downside here is that you will get your desktop icons all messed up. If you have them arranged in neat little shapes like I do, stay away from that setting.

2) Monitor Scaling. I'm not sure if your laptop has the function, but my 8800GT allows me to manipulate the setting. The idea here is that with scaling on, the monitor will display anything at a 1:1 pixel ratio - allowing for small but crisp displays. If you manage to turn it off, the monitor will stretch your game al over the monitor, but at the cost of somewhat blurry display.
Metall_pingwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009   #7
Revenge was here.

I found the problem, after right clicking properties, there is something called video mode(or something like that) then there's one that says "full screen(no boarders)"

It was next to the "full screen" one which was already checked. So I checked the one with no boarders and it worked.

Strange... Thanks for the help
Old February 9th, 2009   #8
Innuend-o-matic

Question Re: Starcraft 1 screen size problems

Just out of curiousity; what OS do you have on your laptop? XP or Vista?
Old February 10th, 2009   #9
Revenge was here.

Vista

One thing that I've always loved with Starcraft is that it has no OS requirements. I've installed it on 95,98,NT,ME,XP and Vista...I'm quite sure it would work on 2000 also.
Old February 10th, 2009   #10
GF makes me horny

jagass ought to be ashamed

Is that the old pc game?

Music is my LIFE!!!
jagass is offline   Reply With Quote