Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > Entertainment > Starbase 42

Remember Me?

Starbase 42 Is your starship in need of maintenance or does your crew need some R & R? Dock here and discuss anything related to the TV series and the films.
Please do not discuss anything related to Star Trek games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2009   #1
The Real Awesome

Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)
Default The USS Kelvin

Epic win right here: Tobias Ritcher from CGI house "The Light Works" has faithfully recreated the USS Kelvin from scratch and has created several CG reels and HD screenies. Check it out: LINK

Jetfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009   #2
Behold the Power of CHEESE!!!

LaughingCheese is a regular member
Default Re: The USS Kelvin

Awesomeness! Thanks for the link!

I really want to make a detailed model of the Soverign class.
LaughingCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009   #3
Innuend-o-matic

Tricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machinaTricorder is the deus ex machina
Thumbs up Re: The USS Kelvin

Cool. I grabbed those Desktop wallpapers. They make nice addition to my collection of various Star Trek pictures.
Gracias, Senor Jet.
Tricorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009   #4
Mikeylicious

Mr. Mikey does a good jobMr. Mikey does a good jobMr. Mikey does a good jobMr. Mikey does a good jobMr. Mikey does a good job

Lookin good
Mr. Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009   #5
The Carbon Comrade

Flash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the Admins

I still think it is a pretty ugly design. One (or three, five, seven etc) nacelles ships don't fit too well with me. Can't say I've ever seen an odd-pair nacelled ship that I've actually liked (The Galaxy Retrofit was nice, and had big guns along with a cloaking device, but that was about it).

I think ships should stick to an even pair of nacelles. Commonly two, occasionally four, and rarely, six (the Prometheus had six, though didn't use them all at the same time).

It's Probin' Time
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009   #6
Behold the Power of CHEESE!!!

LaughingCheese is a regular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
I think ships should stick to an even pair of nacelles. Commonly two, occasionally four, and rarely, six (the Prometheus had six, though didn't use them all at the same time).
4 main and 2 retractable on the saucer right?
LaughingCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009   #7
The Real Awesome

Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)Jetfreak saves the day (again)

Quote:
I still think it is a pretty ugly design. One (or three, five, seven etc) nacelles ships don't fit too well with me.
So the Kelvin's too flat and fugly for you huh? I thought so too.

But I gotta admit, both the Kelvin and the new JJprise designs are defintely growing on me. They still look pretty decent nonetheless.

Jetfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009   #8
The Carbon Comrade

Flash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the Admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing Cheese View Post
4 main and 2 retractable on the saucer right?
Correct. Gold Star for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfreak View Post
So the Kelvin's too flat and fugly for you huh? I thought so too.
:lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfreak View Post
But I gotta admit, both the Kelvin and the new JJprise designs are defintely growing on me. They still look pretty decent nonetheless.
Hmm... I'm not so sure. Granted they could have been worse (lets all take a look at the Yeager, Springfield and Niagara) but I don't know.. I think they could have been better.

They should have given the Kelvin more of a Miranda Feel, with two nacelles, and an extended saucer. Or maybe a hull that extended aft of the saucer, instead of atop? As for the new Enterprise, if they moved the 'hull' back a bit, and the nacelles weren't attached right at the back, then I could see the improvement.

I also think the Torpedo Tubes should be under the saucer, now on the lower neck.

It's Probin' Time
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009   #9
I would die without GF

Stark98 saves the day (again)Stark98 saves the day (again)Stark98 saves the day (again)Stark98 saves the day (again)Stark98 saves the day (again)Stark98 saves the day (again)Stark98 saves the day (again)Stark98 saves the day (again)Stark98 saves the day (again)Stark98 saves the day (again)Stark98 saves the day (again)

actually i must say, i just saw it and i must say, i love it. THe hullplating, the weapons, really, i cannot wait to see the movie! Did everyone saw that last movie? where she get hits by a phaser and fires some pulses? Just love it.
Stark98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009   #10
Revenge was here.

Warborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognitionWarborg is worthy of recognition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post

I think ships should stick to an even pair of nacelles.
I agree I tend to only like ships with 2.
Warborg is offline   Reply With Quote