GameFront Forums

GameFront Forums (http://forums.filefront.com/)
-   ST:EF Modding, Mapping and Editing (http://forums.filefront.com/st-ef-modding-mapping-editing-8/)
-   -   GtkRadiant in Win7 (http://forums.filefront.com/st-ef-modding-mapping-editing/415840-gtkradiant-win7.html)

jzmoney January 16th, 2010 12:52 AM

GtkRadiant in Win7

I have this problem where GtkRadiant won't save new maps. It's version 1.4.0.
It will modify existing *.map files just fine and compile maps just fine, but it will not create a new *.map file from scratch. It errors and says "No brushes selected" or something. And this is the case whether it's a new map or I try to save an existing map under a different, new name.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were you able to solve it? I suspect it has to do with file and folder permissions. I tried playing around with them some, but with no success. I have tried saving to different folders too, but that had no effect.

GSIO01 January 16th, 2010 03:52 AM

Re: GtkRadiant in Win7

Try to run it as admin. You could also try to deactivate UAC.

Otherwise you could try to use GTK 1.5 or if you miss features such a select inside NetRadiant (also run both as admin).

jzmoney January 19th, 2010 01:04 PM

Tried changing UAC and running as admin. No effect.

This is the actual error message:

Saving map to C:/Program Files (x86)/Raven/Star Trek Voyager Elite Force/BaseEF/maps/somemapNo brushes selected.

Map_SaveFile: C:/Program Files (x86)/Raven/Star Trek Voyager Elite Force/BaseEF/maps/somemapNo brushes selected.

ERROR: couldn't open C:/Program Files (x86)/Raven/Star Trek Voyager Elite Force/BaseEF/maps/somemapNo brushes selected.
for write

For some reason it appends "No brushes selected" to the end of my filename (somemap) but still doesn't save.

EDIT: I suspect the program doesn't have file permissions to create new files in that folder, only modify permission, but I changed all User permissions so that it could, but the program must not be considered in the User group. I don't know what group it is in. If I figure that out, I might be able to change it.

WORKAROUND: I can copy and paste an existing .map file, rename it, open it, delete everything, and make my new map.

Petee February 1st, 2010 11:49 AM

Just curious, have you been able to successfully do a full compile in Win7? So far that is the only problem I've noticed using 1.4 in Win7. The command prompt compile window crashes somewhere in the light section. The map did compile fine in XP.

jzmoney February 2nd, 2010 04:11 PM

I've had absolutely no problems compiling.

EDIT:
However, I do have a map that compiled fine on an older version of Radient, but not in 1.4. But it was a problem with the map not Windows. It won't compile on XP or Win7. If it's not a problem with your map, then I don't know.

Petee February 2nd, 2010 09:45 PM

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'll check into that. If nothing else I'll just have to copy the map over to my XP machine to do full compiles.

LocutusOfBorg February 14th, 2010 01:21 PM

I had that problem in Vista (I also now use win7)
you can open an existing map, and then save, but not save as.

I found no workaround, and have been using GTK 1.5 ever since, as that works flawlessly

Although netradiant (very very similar to GTK 1.4) works fine

Hope that helps