Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Star Trek: Bridge Commander > ST:BC SDK and MPE Learning Center

Remember Me?

ST:BC SDK and MPE Learning Center Want to edit a ships capabilities or weapons? Learn how to use the Model Property Editor (MPE) and other aspects of the SDK in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2007   #1
NObama
Master Chief

086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody
Default "DamageTool.exe has stopped working."

This hasn't been asked yet so I will. Is it possible for the Damage Tool to work with Vista? I followed the instructions (i guess) and that is what I get after I click ok on the little graphics window that pops up.

Team Fortress 2 Name: 086gf
Nascar Racing 2003(500+ tracks;5000+ cars; 5 mods)
ST:BC(KM2012-custom) ST:Legacy(custom mod) ST:Armada(custom mod) ST:Armada2(custom mod)
STA2: FleetOps(custom mod)SW:EAW(custom mod) SW:FOC(custom mod)
086goinfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007   #2
NObama
Master Chief

086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody086goinfast is close friends with everybody

I was really tired last night so here are some specifics.

I DLed the SDK, then I removed both the DamageTool and the ModelPropertyEditor folders aswell as both HTML files for each to the main directory specifically into the Tools folder. I did copy all the galaxy nif files in the data/models folder into the damagetool directory like the HTML file said but that did nothing.

ST:BC(KM2012-custom) ST:Legacy(custom mod) ST:Armada(custom mod) ST:Armada2(custom mod)
Old June 3rd, 2007   #3
CGI Rendering and Animation

MScott should make some friends
Send a message via ICQ to MScott
Default re:DamageTool.exe,

If you open the MPE folder you should see six files(at least that's what I see).

app.py______________________ python file
app.pyc_____________________ compiled python file
globalpropertytemplates.py_____ python file
globalpropertytemplates.pyc____ compiled python file
modelpropertyeditor___________ registration entries
modelpropertyeditor_s_________ application

The 5th file(registration entries) is the key. You need to set up the registration entries for this program to work properly. Click on this file before using the editor and everthing should work fine. If this does'nt come back here and we'll try something else. Good luck.
MScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007   #4
NObama
Master Chief

It did not work. I tried ever combo of options I could, but nothing worked. I tried "Windowed"; "Direct 3D HAL on Intel 82945G Express"; "RGB Emulation on Intel 82945G Express"; and "Use 24/32 bit ZBuffer if available". I didn't think "Full Screen" would make a difference and there was no "Resolution" options.

Last edited by 086goinfast; June 3rd, 2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2007   #5

icon_question re:DamageTool.exe

If you open the Damage Tool folder you should see one folder and three files(at least that's what I see).

Data_______________________________Folder
Configfile.txt________________________Config File (notepad)
Damage.tga________________________TGA file
DamageTool.exe_____________________Application

If you copied the galaxy.nif file to the Data folder, and these files are there this should work. BTW the data folder should already have three files in it called damage1, damage2 and damage3. Check to see that the configfile.txt said this: "data/galaxy.nif" and that you're set to "RGB Emulation mode". Give this a shot, and let us know how you do.
Old June 4th, 2007   #6
NObama
Master Chief

Thanks that worked but is there a way to get the textures to show up? Just curious.

Old June 4th, 2007   #7

Thumbs up re:DamageTool.exe,

Glad to hear you are having success.

You may want to copy the textures for that model into the same directory, otherwise you will see a white model.