Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > Star Trek: Armada II > ST:A2 Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

ST:A2 Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2010   #21
Nutso
1st Class Petty Officer

Lord_Trekie should make some friends
Send a message via MSN to Lord_Trekie
Default Re: New Star Trek Online Ships

The point of the way they did things the way they did was to give a completely familiar class (usually) and then two variants of that class that you could use or mix and match with, it's not suppose to be completely new, it's supposed to be familiar.

The last ship you posted deja, is the Imperial Class, a Sovereign variant, if there were some different angles for it though I think it would look a little different to you.

Just some info on the possibility of porting the in-game models, all the game data is stored in archives, in this case .hogg files, so unless you can somehow get those opened up and viewable, you're probably stuck modeling from scratch.

STO Handle - @Lord_Trekie

Last edited by Lord_Trekie; May 27th, 2010 at 05:26 AM.
Lord_Trekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010   #22

dEjavU' should make some friends
Send a message via MSN to dEjavU'

Thanks Lord_Trekie. I went ahead and did a little goggling around and to my surprise there are already people out there trying to open STO hogg files(Open StarTrek Online Hogg files, play music, look at images | RPG-Exploiters )unfortunately the emediate info from this link only pertains to the ships textures. According to this, those who mod Legacy should already have the neccessary tools required to edit the ships textures however I have yet to find out anymore regarding the mesh model itself as the site requires that you have to be a member to completely gain access to the rest of the post and becoming a member requires you have to pay for some subscription.

This site(Free hogg compression program Download - hogg compression program Files )also suggests that(among other programs)winrar and adobe reader can extract hogg formated files. So for those who already baught this game and is willing to share the ship files for me to try and port to either a1, a2, legacy, or BC please send me a pm.
dEjavU' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010   #23
Nutso
1st Class Petty Officer

Lord_Trekie should make some friends
Send a message via MSN to Lord_Trekie

Assuming you can read that first article in it's entirety, it may be useful, but I can't, so it doesn't help in any way, shape, or form... Also, winrar doesn't appear to like trying to open .hogg files, you'd have to find a compatible file format to convert to then try opening it that way... (usually weird file formats like this are just name changes of a different archive structure, you just have to figure out which one...)

I feel I also need to re-iterate that if you do actually rip the models they can only be for your personal, private use...

STO Handle - @Lord_Trekie

Last edited by Lord_Trekie; May 27th, 2010 at 04:11 PM.
Lord_Trekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Trekie View Post
I feel I also need to re-iterate that if you do actually rip the models they can only be for your personal, private use

...naturaly, if things comes to worse though(as I mentioned earlier)I may just have to wait awhile and extract the ships from my copy of the game but it would foster time if anyone is willing to share their hogg files now.

Last edited by dEjavU'; May 27th, 2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old May 28th, 2010   #25
Vahki Commander Epsilon-4

IceBite is a n00b

@k_merse

They probably did it for canon, as the different factions (or the Federation, at least) continually use a design they feel 'works.' Personally, I think the first one looks awesome.

Samus = Cool
Mario = Great
Meta Knight = the Chuck Norris of Nintendo
IceBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBite View Post
..I think the first one looks awesome....
The Maelstrom class(yes I agree)that's one of my favorite. Here's two more classes from this game I think earned their place here on this thread.

Polaris class
Spoiler:

Quasar class
Spoiler:

If anything, it's my hope that these ships on this thread might at least inspire modelers with new approach to hull texture designs as well as new and completely different naccelle linages.
Old May 31st, 2010   #27
Vahki Commander Epsilon-4

IceBite is a n00b

They look cool also......however the Quasar does remind me of a Nova class......

Samus = Cool
Mario = Great
Meta Knight = the Chuck Norris of Nintendo
IceBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010   #28
Evolution

k_merse should make some friends
Send a message via MSN to k_merse

So they call the Luna Polaris and the Nova Quasar. Well... the Luna... I mean Polaris looks fair.

k_merse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010   #29
There's not enough SciFi.

SciFiFan should make some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
So they call the Luna Polaris and the Nova Quasar. Well... the Luna... I mean Polaris looks fair.
Actually, they do have the Luna on there. The Polaris is a variation of the Luna. Same for the Quasar.

SciFiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010   #30
SFC III Troubleshooter.

AlDaja is often praisedAlDaja is often praisedAlDaja is often praisedAlDaja is often praisedAlDaja is often praisedAlDaja is often praisedAlDaja is often praisedAlDaja is often praisedAlDaja is often praisedAlDaja is often praisedAlDaja is often praised

Hmmm. The ships look very militaristic. Somehow I don't think Roddenberry would approve of the new designs for the Fed. ships if they were ever used for a future film/show.

AlDaja is offline   Reply With Quote