Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > Star Trek: Armada II > ST:A2 Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

ST:A2 Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2007   #1

dinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advice
Default 4 Day War Mod

Hey everyone!

Ive been a little innactive in the community for a while now (not that i was ever that popular )

But I thought i would come back with a bang

Has anyone happened upon Masao Okazaki's website, The Starfleet Museum?
http://www.starfleet-museum.org/
In it there is a section on the 4 Days War between the Klingon Empire and the Federation (with the Romulans getting involved as well). Along with loads of other info and some amazing ship designs.

Anyways... Im in the early stages of doing a Mini Mod of sorts, concerning this War.

Set around the events of four days in september, 2266, (thats right, its TOS)
This mni mod will see the three major powers of the age (Klingon, Federation and Romulan) set against each other.

Heres what i have so far...

The Predator Class Destroyer

The Hermes Class Recon Destroyer

The Avenger Class Advanced Destroyer

And of course, the Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser.

Also, I have some in game shots so far...

I will post more in depth details on this mod when time permits... Hope you guys like?

Just a quick description, the top is a fleet of Avengers, Connies, Preds and Hermes.
Middle is the Avenger firing her long range phaser cannon
bottom is USS Excalibur NCC-1705 (all ships will have names and registries)
leaving space dock.

cheers

Dear science, please start solving problems and curing diseases or shut the fuck up.
dinosaurJR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007   #2
Pro-Filer thinks I'm cool!!

ColdDarkParanoia has disabled reputation
Default Re: 4 Day War Mod

love the nessle glow looks very impressive so far, good luck with the rest of the mod man
ColdDarkParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007   #3
Resynchronizing with Reality
Sorry, You're Not a Winner

Datarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admirationDatarock is worthy of your admiration
Send a message via Skype™ to Datarock

Wow, this looks very good. I'm not to fond of the Avenger, perhaps it is because i dont like the colour of the bussard collectors, but i am really liking the Constitution and the Hermes Class.
Datarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007   #4
The Carbon Comrade

Flash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the AdminsFlash525 has been noticed by the Admins

Uhm, a question: This FOUR day war, does the 4 signify a 4th race, or is that just something in the title? Looks good also, some of those ships look Ent-era however.

It's Probin' Time
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007   #5
Illiterate? I'm FahreS

F/\}{IŽ3$ has been known to help peopleF/\}{IŽ3$ has been known to help people
Send a message via ICQ to F/\}{IŽ3$

nice moddels and textures

These ship classes look very interesting to me, do you have any idea when this will be finished?

F/\}{IŽ3$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007   #6
Ageing Rapidly

Avon is a regular member

Except for the Avenger's nacelles being a little fat, I like these models. Look forward to seeing more
Avon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007   #7
Majestic is thy Name!
Chief Master Sergeant
of the USAF

Majestic-MSFC has nothing to be ashamed ofMajestic-MSFC has nothing to be ashamed of
Send a message via ICQ to Majestic-MSFC

Now thats what we need a TOS mod, I would do one myself but I am busy with Yesteryears. This would have to be in my top 3 mods I am most looking forward to now.

I will be keeping my eye on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBlade View Post
They fixed it. Then they re-broke it. They'll fix it again. Then it'll break again. It's why they call themselves Break Media. It's what they do.
Majestic-MSFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2007   #8
a basin of water

DarkEnergy has disabled reputation

ssa, as i understand it thats how long it took...
DarkEnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2007   #9
Banned
El Bano

Squire James has been known to help peopleSquire James has been known to help people
Send a message via ICQ to Squire James Send a message via MSN to Squire James

Very Impressive KA2 is based along the same lines, the General War (also of SFB and SFC lineage). Trying to blend this history with contemporary trek (Movies ST II to ST VI) is a very interesting task, which I think i've done alright at. I believe the 4 Day war was (if my memory in this area works) sort of the prelude to the Organian Conflict.
Squire James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007   #10

dinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advicedinosaurJR is a person of good advice

Hey everyone!

Just a little update on my mod... (Im gonna try to aim at one a week)

Firstly, I just want to say thanks for the feed back (ive put the avengers nacelles on a diet).

As for completion, well Im in the very early stages of actually Working on the mod (Ive been brainstorming and coming up with ideas for quite a while now), so probably another 6 - 10 months - allowing for exams and the couple of trips abroad i have coming up.

So, As the title states, the mod will be based during the 4 Day's War between the Federation and an aliance of sorts between the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Star Empire (the alliance from which the Romulans gained M/AM technology and a bunch of D7 class cruisers, and the Klingons gained Cloaking devices and raw materials).

As for mod features, ive been thinking of this...

I really want to give each race a specific feel, so I have been working on one or two little things... like photon torpedos being finite (unlike the stock game where they are unlimited) and certain ships that still have fusion reactors using up fuel, after which there is only a reserve left to let the ship move, but no weapons or cloaking device...

So supply ships and tenders will be very important (unless you like dragging your ass back to base to repair and refuel every time). Adding a little more strategy to the game...

Work wise, ive only got one more ship in game at the moment, the Surya Class Frigate...

So, hope you guys like?

Im gonna try real hard to balance the ammount of ships available to each race, but its damn hard finding appropriate reference material for TOS era Klingons and Romulans (other than BOPs and D7s).

However, each race should have around 15 fighting ships and between 5-8 support ships (construction etc...)

Anyways, i better get back to work...

Dear science, please start solving problems and curing diseases or shut the fuck up.
dinosaurJR is online now   Reply With Quote