Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC Problems, Errors and Help S.T.A.L.K.E.R. not working? Need Help? Post all your problems here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2007   #1
I'm too cool to Post

Vardan33 is a n00b
icon_question STALKER exists to the desktop

Hello i am still in the begging in the game at the bar level. I have a problem that when i am going to pass the bridge to get to the bar, you know the bridge that has all the dogs before it (i still haven't passed it). SO when ever i touch the bridge the games fps goes to like 1 then i slowly go like to the car parked then it freezes, then i see my mouse then its on my desktop. If i turn around and go the other way the game wont crash, if i just stand there wont crash, only from crossing the bridge. Also i am running v1.0003 patch and fiakes 2.1.2.

Thank you
Vardan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007   #2
Wut means B???

LoneWolf is a n00b

what are the game settings at? maybe turn them down some.
is your PC propperly cooled? does it have enough fans?
are you new to the game? what vid card do you have?

make sure all non essintial programs are turned off when you game.

CPU-----------------Intel Q6600 G0 Overclocked @ 3.21ghz
Case----------------Antec 900
HD------------------SATA 3.0gb 250gb WD & 750gb WD
GPU-----------------eVGA GTW 285
PSU-----------------SilverStone 850w Single Rail
Motherboard---------eVGA 780i
RAM-----------------8GB GSKILL
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007   #3
I'm too cool to Post

Vardan33 is a n00b

I have all none essential things closed except firewall and antivrus. My setting are medium high no aa and no af. I have a 8600gts xxx the newest driver 158.22 on xp. I no its not a colling problem i play all my games with no problems and the card doesn't go over 68 degrees celcius.

EDIT: here is the last part of my logs
Quote:
Executing config-script "e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\rspec_default.ltx"...
! Unknown command: r__wallmark_ttl
! Unknown command: rs_skeleton_update
[e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\rspec_default.ltx] successfully loaded.
[e:\documents and settings\all users\documents\stalker-shoc\user.ltx] successfully loaded.
SOUND: OpenAL: enumerate devices...
SOUND: OpenAL: EnumerationExtension Present
devices Generic Hardware
SOUND: OpenAL: system default SndDevice name is
SOUND: OpenAL: cant open device Generic Hardware
SOUND: OpenAL: cant open device Generic Software
OpenAL: Can't create sound device.
Starting RENDER device...
* GPU [vendor:0]-[device:0]:
* GPU driver: 5.1.2600.0
Failed to initialize graphics hardware.
Please try to restart the game.

Last edited by Vardan33; June 2nd, 2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2007   #4
drunk in charge of an uglyface

dannyboy01 is a n00b

SOUND: OpenAL: enumerate devices...
SOUND: OpenAL: EnumerationExtension Present
devices Generic Hardware
SOUND: OpenAL: system default SndDevice name is
SOUND: OpenAL: cant open device Generic Hardware
SOUND: OpenAL: cant open device Generic Software
OpenAL: Can't create sound device.

seems like a soundcard problem to me, maybe reinstall your card if possible and see if it improves?

i reserve the right to be completely wrong in my answers, i'm only trying to help
dannyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007   #5
I'm too cool to Post

Vardan33 is a n00b

well i just tryed starting earlier and then go to the same place and i got this error
Quote:
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : D:\xray-svn\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 74
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ....r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:20: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got no value)

stack trace:

! Invalid ogg-comment version, file: e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_0 1\bandit\music\harmonica_1.ogg
! Invalid ogg-comment version, file: e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_0 1\bandit\music\harmonica_2.ogg
! Invalid ogg-comment version, file: e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_0 1\bandit\music\harmonica_3.ogg
! Invalid ogg-comment version, file: e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_0 1\bandit\music\harmonica_4.ogg
! Invalid ogg-comment version, file: e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_0 1\bandit\music\harmonica_5.ogg
! Invalid ogg-comment version, file: e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_0 2\bandit\music\harmonica_1.ogg
! Invalid ogg-comment version, file: e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_0 2\bandit\music\harmonica_2.ogg
! Invalid ogg-comment version, file: e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_0 2\bandit\music\harmonica_3.ogg
! Invalid ogg-comment version, file: e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_0 2\bandit\music\harmonica_4.ogg
! Invalid ogg-comment version, file: e:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_0 2\bandit\music\harmonica_5.ogg

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : D:\xray-svn\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 74
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ... of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\agroprom_tasks.script:7 3: attempt to index field 'actor' (a nil value)

stack trace:
Old August 17th, 2007   #6
I'm too cool to Post

Setzer is a n00b

I'am getting the same error did you ever figer out how to fix it? Yes i know this is an old post.
Setzer is offline   Reply With Quote