Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2010   #1
Stalker Talker

FEARLESS should make some friends
Arrow How to mod the player/suite damage levels

There have been a lot of posts about reducing or changing the damages levels to the player and to the suites. I thought I would try to offer some help with this. You need to have some game mod in your game folder. You can create a gamedata folder and copy files from other mods but I don’t like to do that.

ALWAYS BACK UP ANY FILES YOU PLAN TO MODIFY!

First, let’s deal with the player. Let’s assume he has no suite on at all and deal with the settings that affect just him. First open the \stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\creatures folder and find the actor.ltx file. Scroll down till you find this section: [actor_immunities_gd_novice].

There are 4 sections for this:
[actor_immunities_gd_novice]
[actor_immunities_gd_stalker]
[actor_immunities_gd_veteran]
[actor_immunities_gd_master]

The immunity for each difficulty are the same, just the values are different. The higher the number, the less damage the player can take before dying. 0.8 makes him pretty vulnerable to injury. 0.0 he will be impervious to injury. (God Mode) Except Radiation Damage. Change the values to what you want.

[actor_immunities_gd_stalker]
burn_immunity = 0.65
strike_immunity = 0.65
shock_immunity = 0.65
wound_immunity = 0.65
radiation_immunity = 0.65
telepatic_immunity = 0.65
chemical_burn_immunity = 0.65
explosion_immunity = 0.3
fire_wound_immunity = 0.65

Only the Radiation Damage still happens even with these settings at 0.0. I have not found what controls that yet. Actually, I really haven’t looked much as I like to be vulnerable to it.

Now let’s deal with the suites or armor. Open the \stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\misc Folder and find the outfit.ltx. Scroll down and locate the suite you want to modify. I will use the Exo_Outfit since that’s what I am currently playing with. [exo_outfit]utfit_base. It looks cool ok?
Find the section [sect_exo_outfit_immunities]

[sect_exo_outfit_immunities]
burn_immunity = 0.06
strike_immunity = 0.07
shock_immunity = 0.07
wound_immunity = 0.06
radiation_immunity = 0.04
telepatic_immunity = 0.03
chemical_burn_immunity = 0.04
explosion_immunity = 0.07
fire_wound_immunity = 0.08

The immunities for each suite are the same, just the values are different. The higher the number, the less damage the suite can take before failing and not providing any protection. 0.8 makes the suite pretty vulnerable to damage. 0.0 it will be impervious to damage. (God Mode) Change the values to what you want.

Between these two files you should be able to create a combination that you like. It took a lot of trial and error (load the game, try it, exit the game, change a value, load the game) to figure this all out to my satisfaction. I know there are other tuts out there but a refresher and a different view point can’t hurt.

Oh, did I say to back up any files you modify?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck
Fearless

FEARLESS says go play!!

Last edited by FEARLESS; January 21st, 2010 at 08:04 PM.
FEARLESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010   #2
of the ZRP

NatVac should make some friends
Default Re: How to mod the player/suite damage levels

Cool stuff. This might help:

The game will use the immunities section assigned to the immunities_sect variable in that file, which is normally the one for master difficulty:

Code:
immunities_sect                = actor_immunities_gd_master
Change master to stalker in that assignment to get the game to use the stalker immunities. Or to novice if you use the novice difficulty setting.

Or just change the master settings and use master difficulty.

If you can't get radiation protection to work in a suit, you can always lower radiation_health_v in the [actor_condition] section.

If you want "god mode" you might also need to make the head invulnerable in the [actor_damage] section. Set the default and head values to 0.0 for at least the first column. Set all the values to zero to guarantee that no part of your body is vulnerable.

While fire_wound_immunity for a suit determines how much the suit is damaged when struck, an artifact with 0.0 fire_wound_immunity (or corresponding immunity item) in the artifact's _absorbation section will completely protect you from bullets (or any corresponding threat).
NatVac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010   #3
Stalker Talker

FEARLESS should make some friends
Default Re: How to mod the player/suite damage levels

Excellent info! Although, I have received 0 damage with shots point blank to my head when I was experimenting with the values of the actor set to 0.0. I suppose you can change things in the [actor_damage] section too or even instead. I may play with that too! Thanks!

FEARLESS says go play!!
FEARLESS is offline   Reply With Quote