Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2007   #1
I'm too cool to Post

doglash has disabled reputation
Default fsgame.ltx changes

Hey, can someone explain what i'm doing when I make the change to that gamedata line in fsgame.ltx? Why is it that certain mods need it changed and others don't?
doglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007   #2
The Man

TTKRICKJAMES is a n00b
Default Re: fsgame.ltx changes

no clue why it is needed for some mods and not others, but you chane the line:$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

to read: $game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

2 necros walk by a mortuary, one says to the other "Wanna go for a cold one?''
TTKRICKJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2007   #3

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forums’ finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forums’ finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forums’ finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forums’ finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forums’ finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forums’ finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forums’ finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forums’ finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forums’ finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forums’ finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forums’ finest

All mods need it, but not all mods tell you to do it.

All it does is give priority to files in the gamedata folder over the files in the db archives

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007   #4
I don't spend enough time here

Bolm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. View Post
All mods need it, but not all mods tell you to do it.

All it does is give priority to files in the gamedata folder over the files in the db archives
That is not quite true, because on my PC... or with my STALKER Version (German with .01 Patch) I might use the Mods without editing the fsgame.ltx...
I also tried excluding non-archive files while having my Mods installed. They were used anyway. So, i think this might have... no effect at all? I don't really know... perhaps others need to change this line... i do not...
Bolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007   #5
GF Pwns Me!

moshpit has disabled reputation

Nor I. All of my mods installed have worked fine without this line added, I'm using English language 1.0001 version. I currently have the Trader 1.1 mod, X-46 armor, Hud and Blood newest version, and a few others plus a couple personal add-ons to the X-46 I've been playing with. All of it works without that line being added and has worked just fine since Stalker 1.0 and still works just fine on Stalker 1.0001. But on some folks setups, I know for a FACT that they cannot use the mods without that line being changed in fsgame, since I've had to talk a few friends thru the process of doing so on MSN to get their downloaded mods working. So why it's required on some setups and not others is TOTALLY beyond me.
moshpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007   #6
GF Pwns Me!

moshpit has disabled reputation

Update, I'm thinking about reasons why SOME of us arn't having to use this line in the fsgame.ltx while most others are. My thoughts on this have to do with how/where you initially decompress your gamadata DB files to. I initially decompressed them to another drive all together to mod them. I never decompressed anything directly to the gamedata folder. I only moved modded files into that folder. I don't know if anything in that process would have bypassed the need to add that line to the fsgame file, but that's the only thing I did differently then instructions say to do.
moshpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007   #7
GF makes me horny

niphty is a n00b

I guess it may be Windows Vista related? I'm on XP and never modified the line. Can we get a headcount of XP vs Vista users who have to change it and who doesn't?
niphty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007   #8
Just another Ghø$† ¡n †h€ ƒøg

Final Warrior is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Final Warrior Send a message via MSN to Final Warrior Send a message via Yahoo to Final Warrior

I just changed it because half of the mods I download tell me to.

Whether or not changing it is a good/bad thing, I dunno.

-- Griffinhart

PS. It might be related to the patch.

"My word is my honor. My honor is my life."
-- Demonchild, Angelkin, Death Incarnate, the Final Warrior

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Modding Community
Final Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007   #9
I don't spend enough time here

Bolm is a n00b

@Final Warrior

Well, moshpit said, that it worked without changing the line in both patches!

@General

niphty has NOT changed the line and it works on XP.
I personally use Vista and it also works without chaning the line.
So... whats the use of this file or when do you need to change it?
Bolm is offline   Reply With Quote