Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2007   #1
I'm too cool to Post

smurfdude has disabled reputation
Default Accuracy

I was wondering if anyone had plans to make a small mod which increases the accuracy of all weapons, perhaps by 25-50%. I'm all for realism, but not at the expense of fun. I don't want 100% accuracy where I can get headshots from 100 yards away, thats just silly. But then so is emptying whole clips at a target from 5 meters away only to hit once or not at all.
smurfdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007   #2
Slightly cooler than a n00b

breda has disabled reputation
Default Re: Accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfdude View Post
I was wondering if anyone had plans to make a small mod which increases the accuracy of all weapons, perhaps by 25-50%. I'm all for realism, but not at the expense of fun. I don't want 100% accuracy where I can get headshots from 100 yards away, thats just silly. But then so is emptying whole clips at a target from 5 meters away only to hit once or not at all.

Myself and some fellow modders are working on a mod

Chernobyl Reborn

i am sure we will release mini-mods in the future for multiplayer

I just submitted a new scope for the l86 check stalker.filefront.com during the next few days it should be up..

Osok
breda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007   #3
purity of purpose

SN271 has disabled reputation

Hi!

I suspect that "fire_dispersion_base" would help you out with the base accuracy of your weapon.

It can be found inside the weapon's .ltx file.

___
Purity of purpose
SN271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2007   #4
GF Pwns Me!

electrickrypt has disabled reputation

I think the accuracy is pretty good. Increasing it any more would lead to 1 shot kills.

MY BEAST MACHINE!
[
AMD Semp 3000+ 1.99Ghz | K7MNF-64 MoBo ]
[ Radeon AGP 8x X700 Pro 256mb 425:432 ]
[ 80Gig Hard Drive | 360Gig External ]
[ 1 Gig RAM | 300 Watt PS | Windows Pro SP2 ]
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Stats:
[ High Settings | Maxed Advanced Settings ]
[ Static Lighting | Avg 55-60 FPS ]

electrickrypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007   #5
I'm too cool to Post

Kizza has disabled reputation

If you're at all familiar with changing the values in the game, it seems pretty simple to increase the "accuracy" of the weapons. A quick fix (instead of editing each weapon individually) is to change the dispersion values for the player.

The disadvantage of this is you will automatically be more accurate than the AI, if you can't stand this, you can either go through each weapon and edit them all, or you can edit the values for each human AI.

Now, for the code (I've translated the documentation with babel fish and cleaned it up so it might not be accurate):

find your actor.ltx file in *STALKER*\gamedata\config\creatures\

;Dispersion of bullets (when walking and running)
disp_base = 0.8 ;angle (degrees) of dispersion when standing stationary.
disp_aim = 0.04
disp_vel_factor = 2.0 ;amount the dispersion will increase when moving at 10 metres per second (not necessarily running)
disp_accel_factor = 2.0 ;amount the dispersion will increase when the actor runs (plus speed)
disp_crouch_factor = -0.2 ;amount the dispersion will decrease when the actor sits
disp_crouch_no_acc_factor = -0.4 ;amount the dispersion will decrease when the actor sits and is stationary
;disp_jump_factor = 2.0

For the math part. To increase accuracy (and maintain the same percentage advantages for crouching, aiming or disadvantages for running) we have to decrease these values by 25 percent to increase the accuracy by 25 percent, makes sense?

0.8*(75/100) = 0.6
0.04*(75/100) = 0.03
2.0*(75/100) = 1.5
2.0*(75/100) = 1.5
-0.2*(75/100) = -0.15
-0.4*(75/100) = -0.3

Plug in those values:

disp_base = 0.6
disp_aim = 0.03
disp_vel_factor = 1.5
disp_accel_factor = 1.5
disp_crouch_factor = -0.15
disp_crouch_no_acc_factor = -0.3

Some notes on this. It's all theory from what I've learnt, but that should work for what you want it for. If it doesn't, I've just wasted 10 minutes explaining how to do it. And, theoretically, you could plug in values that give you a disadvantage from aiming with ironsights, crouching or whatever. Just a thought, because I'm not sure if the engine will only accept unsigned float's for that variable.
Kizza is offline   Reply With Quote