Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC General Discussion

Remember Me?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC General Discussion Discuss anything related to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 14th, 2007   #1
sand

nameless720 should make some friends
Default Wish Granter? (Spoiler alert)

I've beat the game once before but I chose to go into the lab and destroy the wish granter rather than go to the granter. This time around I did the wish granter, I think theres a glitch for me though... I go up to the wish granter, and nothing happens. Do I have to do something in order to make it work? Do I need a certain type of gun or item? Don't tell me exactly how to do it if I need to do something specific, I will figure it out my self, just give me a hint.

nameless720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007   #2
I like to go fast.

bando144 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bando144

Go up to it and talk to it, just like its an NPC. Nothing specific is needed.

I never said I was right. Im just throwing in my two cents.

6 Championships in 3 years.
2003-06 Wisconsin State points Champ
2005-06 Milwaukee Mile Champ.
2006 Lake Geneva Champ.
Over 30 feature wins.
bando144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007   #3

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finestS.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Gaming Forumsí finest

Walk up to it and hit "F" just like you were talking to any NPC. If you remapped the key, then use the new key.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007   #4
sand

nameless720 should make some friends

It wouldn't let me interact with the wish granter, really not sure why. Like I said before, I had a feeling that something was glitched. What I ended up doing to fix it was exit the level to the monolith control level, and then going back in to the sarcophagus level.

ok, discussion time now..

Spoiler:
So I guess there is only one ending to the game with the path of the wish granter, but what did you think was the over all meaning of the vision marked one had at the end?
His wish being a way that mankind could be controlled, the answer to his wish was that mankind controls himself through wars he creates, I also think that this vision also shows that the zone controls mankind as well. Any thoughts?

nameless720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007   #5
I like to go fast.

bando144 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bando144

Well you're wrong about the one ending part. I think theres 9 diffrent endings including the monolith control ones. 7 at the wish granter and 2 for the C-Consciousness (correct me if im wrong). For the wish granter it all depends on how you played the game. Certain criteria must be met for each ending to show.

But an easy way to see the endings is to go get the ABC Inferno mod. Plus Inferno has freeplay after you beat the "true ending". Or try to play the game through again and see what you get. But that would take a long time, and I dont know about you but Im to lazy too do it that way.

You could probably find all the endings on YouTube too.

Later.

I never said I was right. Im just throwing in my two cents.

6 Championships in 3 years.
2003-06 Wisconsin State points Champ
2005-06 Milwaukee Mile Champ.
2006 Lake Geneva Champ.
Over 30 feature wins.
bando144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007   #6
Armageddon-Agent

ezeht should make some friends

hi

its 7 endings..2 normal or said long endings and 5 w granter endings..

wish granter endings you walk up as close as you can get to the granter..press f or use key..if this does not work..yes your game is glitched..someplace you must have got ahead of the scripted game..but normally you know the game is bugged from odd crashes or if you try to load the game from saves it will not work until you go back to an older save that is be for you messed up..

it might sound odd or like lots of trouble but..thats stalker..if normal game stuff will not work right..more then likely you glitched the game..it will not work right until you go back from save and play all the way back through from where you glitched the game..

you have to play different to see the different endings..maybe this will help..see ya

Optional Steps
There are a total of seven endings in STALKER. Five of them are Wishgranter endings, usually resulting in a
full body explosion (you die). If you want to see the different endings in the game, you actually need to micro-
manage how you play the game right from the start, since that determines values for the fake endings.

''I want to be rich'' -- Requirement: Have a total of 5O,OOO or more rubles when meeting the Wishgranter. Most
players will probably get this ending if they start selling artifacts and unused weapons to the traders. Without
trying, you can probably amass several hundred thousand just incidentally selling items. If you need to, buy
several expensive suits and armors to reduce your money, and destroy the items by stashing them on corpses,
then leaving that map.

''I want the Zone to disappear'' -- Requirement: Achieve a rank of top stalker (requires 1OOO rank points) when
meeting the Wishgranter. This is an easy feat if you start exploring the game thoroughly. Rank points are earned
by completing side jobs, main jobs, and eliminating enemies. Check your ranking on the PDA to see where you
stand. The PDA will give you a point system to follow as well. Completing many missions and requests, as well as
killing many experienced stalkers will up your score immensely.

''I want to rule the world'' -- Requirement: Lukash and Voronin are both dead before reaching the Wishgranter. The
leaders of the Freedom and Duty factions must be killed for this to occur (not sure if this is superseded by having
too much money). Killing Lukash is fairly easy; several grenades in that small room should do the trick (you should
silently kill the two guys downstairs first). Killing Voronin is a bit more difficult, since there're more people in Rostok
and the medium range streets give the A.I. the advantage; however, if you start whacking people in the city, you
should be able to pretty much work your road of death to the Duty base and level it.

''I want mankind to be controlled'' -- Requirement: Get a rotten stalker rating by getting a high negative rank score
when meeting the Wishgranter. This is a harder ending than it sounds, since killing NPCs will increase your score.
What you need to do is to start failing missions (apart from the half dozen you need to do to get to Chernobyl). You
don't want to get the decoder (increases score), so you might want to make a new save or play a new game just to
see this ending. If you take on side jobs and then proceed to refuse to do it, you can lower your score greatly at
each trader or mission giving NPC. Not sure, but some people maintain you need negative 1OOO rank points to get
this one!

''I want to be immortal'' -- Requirement: Do not have any of the above requirements fulfilled by the time you meet the
Wishgranter. This is meant to be the default ending, which you can find annoyingly hard to get if you start to drop a
lot of the Monolith butt wads in the base. Have a score in the low hundreds (about 500) so wiping out the 40
Monolith soldiers inside the NPP should not increase your ranking appreciably. The high ranking of the soldiers at
the NPP is what contributes greatly to your stalker score.

''One of the C-mind'' -- Requirement: Take the door decoder in Pripyat and meet the C-mind in the secret lab.
Joining the C-mind will put Strelok in a Matrix coffin (made in Russia) and end the game. Do this if you like the Borg,
being assimilated, or generally hate being your own man in an ideal republic.

''Make your own future'' -- Requirement: Take the door decoder in Pripyat and meet the C-mind in the secret lab.
Refuse the C-mind and you have to fight through the Monolith soldiers guarding their masters' cryo-coffins. This is
the best ending of the game, depsite what you (or pther people) may think otherwise.

MSI P55A-GD65 v1.1 bios 1.3. I5-750. W7 64 bit. Crucial 8GB kit CT2KIT51264BA1339 9-9-9-24 T1 1.5v. Corsair CAFA50. ASUS ML248H 24". Corsair TX 750w. Antec P160W +120 mm Intake Mod. Samsung DVDRW IDE. EVGA 8800 GTS KO G92. Logitech 5.1 Z5300e. WD2500AAKX Sata7C: WD3200AAJS Sata1E: Fios15\5mbps.
ezeht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007   #7
Those Greedy PC Gamer Bastards

Erased is a n00b

weird, it worked for me for the wish granter and the c-consiousness (different saves) i think the abc mod kind of messes it up a bit, but i'm not sure. Are you running the abc mod?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Erased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007   #8
GF makes me horny

8thsinner has disabled reputation

I have to admit I thought there was only five endings and when I found them I got a little bored with it, I go back and snipe, the freedom base I think it was just for fun sometimes. But I am going to have to give the game another go now and see the others.
8thsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007   #9
I'm too cool to Post

boriss69 is a n00b
Default I'm with Nameless..

I am having the same problems as Namless. When I get to the wishmaker no option to talk to it is given. Since I have no armor and no protection against radiation I have only a moment to ask it a wish..say something like hey give me a radiation suit or something. I can hit the talk button the whole short time and I just die.
Any other suggestions?
boriss69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007   #10
GF makes me horny

8thsinner has disabled reputation

Restart the level, I have had problems later in the game that a restart helped with.
8thsinner is offline   Reply With Quote