Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CS Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CS Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2008   #1
Slightly cooler than a n00b

overweightninja is a n00b
Default Solyanka: Unofficial English conversion

Lo all.
Not sure if any of you saw my mod conversion over on the GSC forums, its a conversion of the AMK style "Solyanka" mod the Russians have put together for CS. I've had a fixed version of it sitting on my HDD for a few days now, but as GSC are taking so long to fix their site I decided to move my "base of operations" over here.
Anyway without further ado, introducing "Solyanka 0.2"

README:

*SOLYANKA: Unofficial English Conversion by Overweightninja

*Original files compiled by AssassinDemon

*Version 0.2
*For Clear Sky 1.01/1.5.03
*This update should work with your previous Solyanka savegames!

Solyanka is a Russian mod project for S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky that adds a lot of our old mod favourites in from Shadow of Chernobyl and the AMK mods, such as sleeping, hunger, random blowouts etc etc.
I have converted the Solyanka mod to work with the English version of the game, and all Solyanka specific text has been translated from Russian. I have also squashed a couple of bugs I found in the mod and added a time advancement feature (originally intended as a fix, but may be useful for some in its own right).

My own additions are:
-Translation to English
-Timescale script
-Headbob removed
-Realistic weapon names (included in Russian release but had to discard and start again for English)
-Weather tweak
-All fixes mentioned in changelog below

Full credit should be given to "AssassinDemon" for compiling all other content

*FEATURES:

-Random Blowouts
-Sleeping bag
-Player is able to join "Clear Sky" faction
-Hunger implemented (beware there is no on screen display for hunger, keep an eye on your health! )
-Weight limit increased
-Headbob removed
-Default game timescale halved (x5 instead of x10)
-Tweaked weapons
-Tweaked torch
-New loading screen
-New sounds
-New graphics (especially for inventory items)
-Tweaked medical equipment
-Artifact values boosted
-Weapons no longer restricted in faction bases
-Enemies drop more loot
-Mutant loot (Worth good money to traders and scientists)
-Tweaked crosshairs
-Likeliness of thunder increased at expense of rain and cloud
-Time advancement option (see below)
-Extra artifact slots
-Realistic weapon names

*TIME ADVANCEMENT OPTION

Some users of the last version of Solyanka may have begun to experience CTDs when using the sleeping bag. I originally scripted this option as a workaround for these crashes (explained in more detail below) but I decided to include it on its own merit even for those who don't have problems.
This option allows the player to choose the rate of time advancement in game from the main menu. Note this does not change actual game speed (sorry no bullet time yet! ), rather the speed with which the day passes ingame. To use this feature simply press escape to reach the main menu when you are ingame, and press the desired option. The main menu should automatically exit and the game will be set to your desired speed.

-F1: 1 minute = 1 minute (real time)
-F2: 1 minute = 5 minutes (default)
-F3: 1 minute = 60 minutes (1 hour)
-F4: 1 minute = 1440 minutes (24 hour)

Make sure you've had enough to eat before you use the highest speed, your health drops rather fast when the timescale is so high

*SLEEPING BAG FIX

There was a bug with the last version that caused the sleeping bag to basically become more and more buggy the more time went on. This has been fixed now so shouldn't be a problem for new users, but for those of you already experiencing CTDs here's how to get the game back on track.
Make sure you have food etc to last perhaps a couple of ingame days, or failing that just get a trainer or something so you don't lose health. Use the maximum level of time advancement to advance time until Scar becomes tired (his vision will begin to double/blur). Quickly (before Scar falls asleep of his own free) set game speed back to normal, and you should now be able to sleep. I have also re-enabled the tiredness requirement for sleep as the crashes seem to increase in frequency the more you make Scar sleep when he isn't "tired".

*CHANGES SINCE THE LAST VERSION

-FIXED Sleeping bag (CTDs (hopefully) squashed and sleeping for 2 hours now works, also see time advancement)
-FIXED Missing variable CTD in Red Forest
-FIXED Abakan damage
-ADDED Time advancement option
-ADDED Realistic weapon names
-ADDED A proper readme

*INSTALLATION:

-Just drop "gamedata" folder into your root Clear Sky directory (the same place as the file fsgame.ltx)

-Then open up fsgame.ltx with a text editor, and make sure both entries under $game_data$ are set to true as shown below:

"$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\"

-Finally if this is your first time playing with Solyanka start a new game, if not this release should be compatible with your old saves.

*KNOWN BUGS:
-The opening scene of the game will take a few seconds longer than usual, and you will experience some strange behaviour from Lebedev, this is harmless.
-Sleeping bag can still cause CTDs but they can be worked around now. It seems CTDs are more likely the less tired Scar is, so if you experience a crash on sleeping, try again for fewer hours, or run Scar down a little more using time advancement. Either way I would recommend a quicksave before you bed down!
-Timescale script is not buggy in itself, however it can cause problems (especially for the AI) if over used. Try to avoid using increased timescales when any scripted events are going on (ie missions, when factions are attacking your location, transition from blowout state to non-blowout state, etc etc).
-Always keep multiple savegames, there are one or two other bugs that are non-recurring and can easily solved by reverting back a save or two (although I only had to do this once throughout the whole of the game).

*NOTES

Thanks to Bacon Buster for translated amk_strings.xml

Comments, queries and suggestions are always welcome, please visit the mod discussion page on the filefront forums:

http://forums.filefront.com/s-t-l-k-...onversion.html

I will not restrict redistribution of this mod providing this readme is included. Furthermore I will not restrict using part or all of this mod as a base for other mods either, providing both myself and AssassinDemon are correctly credited.

Overweightninja
----------------

I'm just uploading the new version to strategy informer now, and I'll upload to filefront as soon as I get the go ahead from AssassinDemon (finally tracked him down )
I'll edit this post in a few minutes with the links.
Cheers!

Last edited by overweightninja; September 14th, 2008 at 08:13 AM.
overweightninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008   #2
GF Pwns Me!

DouKos is a n00b
Default Re: Solyanka: Unofficial English conversion

Take no offense but i really dont think i should try any mod YET with a so much bugged problematic crashing game engine. I ll wait for a nice fix-all patch and then i m ready for any mod you can toss at me.
DouKos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouKos View Post
Take no offense but i really dont think i should try any mod YET with a so much bugged problematic crashing game engine. I ll wait for a nice fix-all patch and then i m ready for any mod you can toss at me.
No offense to me mate, I was lucky enough to go the whole way through the vanilla game without it breaking on me, and same with this mod (until Red Forest but as is mentioned in the readme, that wasn't a problem to fix).
The mod certainly hasn't made the game anymore unstable for me unless I'm doing something fairly crazy, but I can't comment for those who experience large amounts of bugs with the vanilla game.
Nonetheless I do agree to a point, I won't be doing any updates for this mod (unless anymore significant bugs develop) until we hit a stable patch version.

Anyways I don't seem to be able to edit the main post at the moment so I'll post up a temporary download link here, it'll do until Strategy Informer publish:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Enjoy!
Old September 14th, 2008   #4
The Internet ends at GF

thyco should make some friends

Awsome, will download and try it out...though im using version 1.5.04 so it might not work
thyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyco View Post
Awsome, will download and try it out...though im using version 1.5.04 so it might not work
Its doubtful, IIRC someone already tried, let us know if it does though

EDIT:
Strategy Informer page now published, visit:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Mod: Download - Dedicated 100 mbit Fast Files Hosting Servers

Also just read the FAQ about editing posts, if a mod sees this could you please replace the text under the readme in the OP with the download link above, thanks

Last edited by overweightninja; September 14th, 2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: new download link
Old September 14th, 2008   #6
The Internet ends at GF

Nope CTD the moment i started a new game, oh well guess its a case of uninstalling and patching to 1.5.03 or waiting for the 1.5.04 version to come out

edit: i just the main Stalker forums would actually work /cry
Old September 14th, 2008   #7
GF Pwns Me!

DouKos is a n00b

Since you re in the modding business, i have a question.

Can i take the amazing weapon textures from Oblivion Lost and replace the existing ones of Clear Sky? Is it doable?
DouKos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouKos View Post
Since you re in the modding business, i have a question.

Can i take the amazing weapon textures from Oblivion Lost and replace the existing ones of Clear Sky? Is it doable?
Short answer: yes
I just tested with the Sig550. Made a new directory in my clear sky install (\gamedata\textures\wpn\) and copied wpn_sig550.dds over from my OL install. Works ingame okay, only problem is that the clear sky bump textures can look a little strange when placed over the top (stamps seem quite shiny for example). This might be a matter of personal choice though.
I suggest you experiment just by dragging and dropping like that with other weapons, I suppose it would depend on whether or not the models themselves (.ogf) have been changed, and whether the other textures used in clear sky cause strange behaviour. Post up a thead and let us know how you get on though

BTW thanks for posting back Thyco, looks like 04 compatibility is right out then. I haven't updated yet, you might have a long wait though, as I said earlier I probably won't do any updates for new versions until we get a stable patch and I've heard .04 isn't a significant improvement. We'll see though, for now I would suggest a rollback to .03 like you said if you want to try the mod.

cheers
Old September 14th, 2008   #9
The Internet ends at GF

the one thing that i like 1.5.04 is the fact that it fixed the ever generous ammo crates. one thing with weapon tweaks restrictions....does that mean the accuracy and such is alot better ala AMK and OL values, and with the restrictions gone does it also allow us to get ahold of weapons such as the FN2000 that is once again only aviable at the extreme end of the game.

If its a yes to even just one of these then ill be rolling back
Old September 14th, 2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyco View Post
the one thing that i like 1.5.04 is the fact that it fixed the ever generous ammo crates. one thing with weapon tweaks restrictions....does that mean the accuracy and such is alot better ala AMK and OL values, and with the restrictions gone does it also allow us to get ahold of weapons such as the FN2000 that is once again only aviable at the extreme end of the game.

If its a yes to even just one of these then ill be rolling back
Ammo crates are still there but like you said, a lot less crazy. Especially as the game progresses, you will find a lesser variety and quantity of items. I noticed many don't even contain anything at all now.
Yes weapons are now closer to the old AMK values. Accuracy is certainly improved.
And finally I think you misunderstood the unrestricted weapons feature. This does not mean all weapons are unlocked at the traders or anything, just that you can now draw your weapon to smash open crates (or even members of a faction ) when you're inside faction bases.

2/3 ain't bad eh?