Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2010   #11
I'm too cool to Post

letsmakenoise is a n00b
Default Re: Data/Unpack Extractor for STALKER C.o.P ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtphoneusr View Post
it should be in the same folder as your ressources and the unpacker.
I have placed it root and in resources folder, with same result. Like Jeb_ster has said it open DOS window and i see its unpackin. It takes about 10 minutes but i cant find folder UNPACKED where it should bee extracted.
letsmakenoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010   #12
I'm too cool to Post

letsmakenoise is a n00b

It dont make UNPACKER either on HD i have try to search complete HD but no i dont have luck, ok i dont have skill

Last edited by letsmakenoise; March 10th, 2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old March 10th, 2010   #13
The Internet ends at GF

Jeb_ster is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsmakenoise View Post
It dont make UNPACKER either on HD i have try to search complete HD but no i dont have luck, ok i dont have skill
If it unpacked then I don't understand why you can't see the folder. It should be in the exact same folder you placed the unpacker software in and called 'unpacked.'

Could it be as simple as refreshing that page for it to show?
Jeb_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010   #14
I'm too cool to Post

letsmakenoise is a n00b

Nope its not there. before i make unpack COP is abou 5.99Gb on size, and its same size after unpack. I have thought that it maybee its created somwhere else on HD but nope. Is it maybee because i use Vista?
Old March 16th, 2010   #15
I'm too cool to Post

winderic is a n00b

Hi Guys,

I already unpacked all the files, now there is two folder under "unpacked files" & "unpacked files_patches".

Then what is the next step? Try search online, but cant seem to get a direct answer.

Thanks
winderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010   #16
The forums staffers think I'm Cool

smrtphoneusr is a n00b

what do you mean by next step? If you unpacked the files you can edit them and use them for a mod.
smrtphoneusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010   #17
I'm too cool to Post

lrg162 has disabled reputation

I've always used a program called 'extractor' (not sure where I got it from, maybe the ModDB Stalker pages?) well it allows you to open the .db files from three Stalker games, and specify exactly where you want the files extracted to and it will auto create the correct directory structure, it also has a 'filter' function so, instead of showing the entire contents of the .db file you can type in 'weapon' and only get the results with that in the name ...
lrg162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011   #18
I'm too cool to Post

PhilippeCV is a n00b

I'm having a similar issue, I'm a 3d modeler and I'd like to do some modding for this game. I'm using windows 7 ultimate, my problem is that I put the extractor (extracted) in the resources folder in the root directory of CoP, but it also unpacks in the air for me. I tried seaching for an unpacked folder on my hdd, but windows doesnt see anything, except the CS_full_unpack. I also found while unpacking that it couldn't unpack the shaders, for some reason, if anyone is still available, I'd like your help. Thank you guys (to mention also, I have the xpatch_02, which I think is like the newest version of the game, so it could be because of that)
PhilippeCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011   #19
The forums staffers think I'm Cool

smrtphoneusr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilippeCV View Post
my problem is that I put the extractor (extracted) in the resources folder in the root directory of CoP, but it also unpacks in the air for me.
If you installed Stalker in the default directory (C:\ProgramFiles...) it is possible that the win7 file protection prevents the files from being written. Try copying the resources folder to your desktop (or another drive) and execute the unpacker there. The 'unpacked' folder should be generated inside the 'resources' folder. Also, try running the unpacker as administrator.
smrtphoneusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011   #20
I'm too cool to Post

PhilippeCV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtphoneusr View Post
If you installed Stalker in the default directory (C:\ProgramFiles...) it is possible that the win7 file protection prevents the files from being written. Try copying the resources folder to your desktop (or another drive) and execute the unpacker there. The 'unpacked' folder should be generated inside the 'resources' folder. Also, try running the unpacker as administrator.
Thanks for you help, Ill give it a shot tonight. :P
PhilippeCV is offline   Reply With Quote