Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > Return to Castle Wolfenstein > RtCW Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

RtCW Problems, Errors and Help Return to Castle Wolfenstein not working? Need Help? Post all your problems here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2002   #1
Erik
I need to register

Unhappy Error: failed pure server check

I don't know what it is... I never had trouble with this server. And now I got this message all the time: Game code(ui_mp_x86.dll) failed Pure Server check Can somebody please help me???
(check the Error Message below - I made an screenshot)
Old June 14th, 2002   #2
CDX_2_GOOD
I need to register

dont have any MODS active
Old June 14th, 2002   #3
f14m3w0rk5
I need to register

did you download the new 133 update?? well that is it if u did, it is because most servers havnt updated to the new version, so you will have to sit and wait for them to update, just like me
Old June 16th, 2002   #4
Erik
I need to register

I did have mod's like honeybunny(isn't it a skin)and boogyweapmod but I never had problems with it. I didn't install the new 1.33 patch because it didn't work. Maybe I just uninstall the mod's. I hope that will work. Tnx for your help.
Old June 17th, 2002   #5
I'm too cool to Post

Major is a n00b
Default Me, Too!!

I have NO modifications. I don't know to make a mod - and don't want to know. I take the game right out of the box. I began getting the very same message right after I installed the 1.32 upgrade.

A friend of mine sent me an updated dll and that didn't help...he believed that mine may have been corrupted, somehow.

There are alot of good games out there and I can't get in to them....
HELP!
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2002   #6
Erik
I need to register

I finally know what the problem is: I didn't update to version 1.33. Now I did and... NO PROBLEMS!! So I think you really got a corrupted version. Do you use the illegal or the legal version??? Maybe the patch won't install because you use the illegal version of RTCW I can send you the patch by e-mail. My e-mail is: errortje@hotmail.com. You can get both: (il)legal. I hope that will fix your problems.
Old June 17th, 2002   #7
I'm too cool to Post

Major is a n00b

You mean, there is an illegal version of RTCW?!? I wouldn't even know how to get one.....

Okay, so, if I install the 1.33, that should fix the problem? Wouldn't that limit my server choices on-line?
Old June 17th, 2002   #8
Erik
I need to register

Well if you don't install the patch your choises will be limited for sure. If it won't be this week, it will be next week. So I suggest: install the patch. Good Luck
Old June 17th, 2002   #9
I'm too cool to Post

Major is a n00b
Smile

Thanks for your time, Erik.
Old June 17th, 2002   #10
Ernst
I need to register

This is because the server failed the pure check from your newer version of Multiplayer. might be best i dont know. You be able to play in them if they upgrade.