Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > The Pub

Remember Me?

The Pub Intelligent discussion and debate on real-life issues. You can also visit the History and Warfare forum | This is not a game support forum.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Uchuujin
  • 2 Post By Uchuujin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2014   #1
Σ(゚д゚*)!!!

Uchuujin has nothing to be ashamed ofUchuujin has nothing to be ashamed of
Default Tiktaalik roseae fossil makes scientists re-evaluate theory about the evolution of limbs.

The Tiktaalik was a creature that, from an evolutionary standpoint, was almost halfway between lobe-finned fish (Sarcopterygii, Coelacanths) and amphibians. Originally, the theory about the development of limbs was that the fore limbs evolved first (from lobed fins such as the ones Coelacanths have) so that fish could crawl out of the water and then the hind limbs evolved to increase efficiency on land. However, with another fossil of the Tiktaalik discovered (the creature itself was discovered in 2004), scientists have begun to theorize that all four limbs evolved simultaneously.

Read more here.

I think it's an interesting theory....
Schofield likes this.

Click here to view my DeviantArt!

Last edited by Uchuujin; January 15th, 2014 at 04:27 AM.
Uchuujin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014   #2
Notable Loser

Commissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limit
Send a message via MSN to Commissar MercZ Send a message via Yahoo to Commissar MercZ
Default Re: Tiktaalik roseae fossil makes scientists re-evaluate theory about the evolution of limbs.

It makes sense the way the article is describing it, seeing that they did find a pelvis that is remarkably similar to land animals. Looking at how the morphology of the way these creatures developed does give us a good idea of how these features arose. Yes, there are other "theories" of life's roots but they don't have evidence like this.
Commissar MercZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014   #3
Σ(゚д゚*)!!!

Uchuujin has nothing to be ashamed ofUchuujin has nothing to be ashamed of
Default Re: Tiktaalik roseae fossil makes scientists re-evaluate theory about the evolution of limbs.

I think so too. I'd like for it to become more widely known. The evidence is hard to ignore.

Even if the internet Christians are ranting about it....
Admiral Donutz and Schofield like this.

Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Uchuujin is online now   Reply With Quote