Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > The Pub

Remember Me?

The Pub Intelligent discussion and debate on real-life issues. You can also visit the History and Warfare forum | This is not a game support forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2006   #1
Aw, c'mon Cyan, it's quality!

Safe-Keeper has a sound reputationSafe-Keeper has a sound reputationSafe-Keeper has a sound reputationSafe-Keeper has a sound reputationSafe-Keeper has a sound reputation
Default Debate Strategy and Tactics

Debate strategies and tactics

A very good read, this is a compilation of the obvious at another debate forum I frequent. It's more than worth your while. Just thought I'd share it.

-- S-K

Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006   #2
Just Do It.

mentalmagic knows it's spelt 'colour'mentalmagic knows it's spelt 'colour'mentalmagic knows it's spelt 'colour'
Send a message via MSN to mentalmagic
Default Re: Debate Strategy and Tactics

Debate.. its my favourite form of conversation, it does annoy me though when people have an argument to debate about yet they have no evidence to prove their point.
mentalmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006   #3
Banned
El Bano

Dursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admiration

And what are we debating about pray-tell
Dursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006   #4
Aw, c'mon Cyan, it's quality!

Safe-Keeper has a sound reputationSafe-Keeper has a sound reputationSafe-Keeper has a sound reputationSafe-Keeper has a sound reputationSafe-Keeper has a sound reputation

Quote:
And what are we debating about pray-tell
This isn't a debate, my dear Texan, it's a thread about the debate tool known as the Debate Strategies and Tactics thread. Now you know.

Quote:
Debate.. its my favourite form of conversation, it does annoy me though when people have an argument to debate about yet they have no evidence to prove their point.
"W0rd".

Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006   #5
Banned
El Bano

Dursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admirationDursk is worthy of your admiration

so we're debating about debating.?
Aye que malo
Old January 31st, 2006   #6
Grumpy Admin

Dreadnought[DK] obviously has access to the Admin CPDreadnought[DK] obviously has access to the Admin CPDreadnought[DK] obviously has access to the Admin CPDreadnought[DK] obviously has access to the Admin CPDreadnought[DK] obviously has access to the Admin CPDreadnought[DK] obviously has access to the Admin CPDreadnought[DK] obviously has access to the Admin CPDreadnought[DK] obviously has access to the Admin CPDreadnought[DK] obviously has access to the Admin CPDreadnought[DK] obviously has access to the Admin CPDreadnought[DK] obviously has access to the Admin CP
Send a message via MSN to Dreadnought[DK]

what i hate the most is the idea that debates can be 'won' and 'lost'. if you talk for the sake of winning, then you're not debating or argueing, you're simply fighting with words. a good debate is a constructive conversation where two or more people share their ideas, thoughts, and opinions on any number of subjects at hand. when the talk is over all sides will hopefully have gained a little insight into the other side of the subject without necessarily having the other part 'converted'.

Dreadnought[DK] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006   #7
Banned
El Bano

I agree up to apoint....There is such a thing as a winnable war. Debate has a purpose of burning away the irrelevnaces revealing the truth
Old January 31st, 2006   #8
Part of the EPA's swat team

deathwarder has been known to help peopledeathwarder has been known to help people

unfortunatly people who are too stubborn ruin debates, especially those with no evidence as to there debate
deathwarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006   #9
Banned
El Bano

No evidence is No debate
Old January 31st, 2006   #10
Part of the EPA's swat team

deathwarder has been known to help peopledeathwarder has been known to help people

hmmmm, funny that should come from you(remember the evolution debate?)
deathwarder is offline   Reply With Quote