Old March 9th, 2008   #1
Banned
El Bano

bud389 should make some friends
Default Super Smash Bros Brawl *Downloadable characters?*

Are their going to be downloadable characters for this and if so, how can i get to the screen where i CAN download them, and, will it cost money?

Signature removed because david and goliath
bud389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008   #2
Sexeh like teh gizmo

TParis should make some friends
Default Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl *Downloadable characters?*

No, there wont be any downloadable chars for SSBB. That feature was planned, but they said that they wont because of the lack of memory of the Wii.
TParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008   #3
Banned
El Bano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TParis View Post
No, there wont be any downloadable chars for SSBB. That feature was planned, but they said that they wont because of the lack of memory of the Wii.
Aww, that really blows... The wii has plenty of room...

Old March 9th, 2008   #4
We will rule you

crisissuit3 is as cool as a Moderatorcrisissuit3 is as cool as a Moderatorcrisissuit3 is as cool as a Moderatorcrisissuit3 is as cool as a Moderatorcrisissuit3 is as cool as a Moderatorcrisissuit3 is as cool as a Moderatorcrisissuit3 is as cool as a Moderatorcrisissuit3 is as cool as a Moderatorcrisissuit3 is as cool as a Moderatorcrisissuit3 is as cool as a Moderatorcrisissuit3 is as cool as a Moderator

the wii is the underdog.

nintendo could have been the best console but they just had to make a new controller. i mean come on a little more memory?

crisissuit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008   #5
I'm way cooler than n0e (who isn't though?)

Flodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admiration
Send a message via MSN to Flodgy

Quote:
Could you actually post an article to support this? I've never seen it.

For a game that can create it's own levels, hold heaps of custom avatars (Mii's), has downloadable content for other games and so on, I just find it a bit hard to believe.

It has 512mb internal memory as well as a Secure Digital Memory Card, which modern models hold 4 GB +.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisissuit3 View Post
the wii is the underdog.

nintendo could have been the best console but they just had to make a new controller. i mean come on a little more memory?
That's a matter of opinion, and a poor one at that.

With 20.3 Million units shipped and sold worldwide, leaving it dominating the current market, it seems you are quite wrong.

Ridin' High.
Flodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008   #6
Sexeh like teh gizmo

TParis should make some friends

To the memory issue: Guess they did it too keep the price low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flodgy View Post
Could you actually post an article to support this?
For a game that can create it's own levels, hold heaps of custom avatars (Mii's), has downloadable content for other games and so on, I just find it a bit hard to believe.
I had read an article from a German fan site that said that some Nintendo guy confirmed that there wont be any downloadable chars. I will look it up after school...
TParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008   #7
I'm way cooler than n0e (who isn't though?)

Flodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admirationFlodgy is worthy of your admiration
Send a message via MSN to Flodgy

Quote:
I had read an article from a German fan site that said that some Nintendo guy confirmed that there wont be any downloadable chars. I will look it up after school...
If it's a fan site I wouldn't exactly trust it. Even more professional journalist sites such as IGN cannot be trusted half the time these days.

Unless Nintendo confirms it on their own websites directly, I wouldn't pay heed to it.

Ridin' High.
Flodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008   #8
What does the Fox say?

Kilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as Revenge

Especially since, as Bud389 said, the Wii has plenty of room, and an SD card expansion slot. Extra characters cannot take up more room than most downloadable N64 games.

Size is not the issue. The inconvience of downloading characters, and compatible matching might affect that scenario. If you download a character, can you use it in Multiplayer matches over the internet? How will that work exactly?

My problem with the Wii controller, is that "Classic Controller". They need one that is seperate from the WiiMote. It doesn't have to have a sensor on the top, just motion sensing, and joysticks.

Tell me, my friend, have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008   #9
Banned
El Bano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_user View Post
Especially since, as Bud389 said, the Wii has plenty of room, and an SD card expansion slot. Extra characters cannot take up more room than most downloadable N64 games.

Size is not the issue. The inconvience of downloading characters, and compatible matching might affect that scenario. If you download a character, can you use it in Multiplayer matches over the internet? How will that work exactly?

My problem with the Wii controller, is that "Classic Controller". They need one that is seperate from the WiiMote. It doesn't have to have a sensor on the top, just motion sensing, and joysticks.
I would assume that the Wii would have the player download the charcters while connecting to the open server. OR, it could be like a server side thing. They've dealt with plenty of things like this before, on Warhammer 40,000 you had to install the original game to play as the eldar, space marines, Orks, Chaos, and Imperials on online, yet when you played online, other people could be those same armies, even when other people didn't have the original game installed and they would still be able to see them.

Old March 10th, 2008   #10
Body: Earth. Mind: Jupiter.

nanobot_swarm is known by everybodynanobot_swarm is known by everybodynanobot_swarm is known by everybodynanobot_swarm is known by everybodynanobot_swarm is known by everybodynanobot_swarm is known by everybody

I would imagine they would put downloadable characters in, but not right now, probably farther down the road
now I hope I can convince them to make Pious Agustus the Lich a downloadable character

nanobot_swarm is offline   Reply With Quote