Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Legacy Gaming > The Movies > The Movies Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

The Movies Problems, Errors and Help The Movies not working? Need help? Discuss it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2007   #1
I'm too cool to Post

jpq21 is a n00b
Default Says Please insert The Movies DVD... Please help ive tried everything

I've played this game before on my same computer and it has worked. But recently when I tried to play it, it just keeps saying that thing when I load it. I have the actual, non-burned copy of it, so its nothing with crack, etc. I tried reinstalling it, but it still has the same problem. There was another guy with a thread like this, but he didn't explain how he fixed it. The DVD is clearly there, and I have no idea what the problem could be, please help.
jpq21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2007   #2
Never ready for a close-up

FilmEditorX3 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to FilmEditorX3

The best thing to do is have a PC that is solely dedicated to playing this game and anything needed to help you access any aspect of it, like acrobat reader, etc. Installing programs can corrupt any aspect of an Operating system. For example, if you install Nero on a PC and then install several other CD or DVD burning programs, it is likely that Nero will get corrupted and become inoperable - any reinstallations of Nero will not help at all. Only a complete reinstallation of the entire OS for example will fix the problem. Another thing you could do is backup your OS configuration/partition. Google and download a free backup program called ICEmirror and clone your OS to an external hard drive, this way you will always have a duplicate you can clone again and again if you run into problems, and you will indeed run into problems. It all saves time and frustration - when you get an OS working at its best, you want to clone it so you can use it again and again. So, you install the Movies and everything else it needs, then you clone the drive, and it will be ready for you when you need it. Call it "The Movies Game Master Drive". Be sure to back up any new files created under your old game to CD too. finally, Google and Download Free Registry Repair, and run it often.
FilmEditorX3 is offline   Reply With Quote