Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Star Wars: Jedi Knight Series > Jedi Knight Series Off-Topic Forum

Remember Me?

Jedi Knight Series Off-Topic Forum Come here to discuss topics not covered by our other forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2005   #1
YOUR SOUL IS MINE

Reaper17 has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Reaper17
Default Free UV Mapping Program

I was wondering if there are any free UV mapping programs out there so I could actually skin the mods I make for JK3. IF you know of any please post them here.

Reaper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005   #2
[Insert User Title Here]

Inyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured OneInyri Forge - the Honoured One
Send a message via MSN to Inyri Forge
Default Re: Free UV Mapping Program

Milkshape doesn't UVW map, huh? That's a bummer. I wonder why so many people use it then... must be cuz it's cheap >.<

By the way, your signature is too large. It can have a height no larger than 100 pixels. You might want to change this before the mods change it for you.
Inyri Forge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005   #3
YOUR SOUL IS MINE

Reaper17 has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Reaper17

hmmm... my sig is too large by 50 pixels, that sucks. Yeah and milkshape doesn't UVW Map, but hey, thats what you get for 25 dollars. People also use Milkshape cause it's easy to use, i tried using a trial version of 3DS Max and it was much harder than milkshape. (at least for me)

Reaper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2005   #4
I R Scary Eyeball

The One and Only has many friends around these partsThe One and Only has many friends around these partsThe One and Only has many friends around these partsThe One and Only has many friends around these partsThe One and Only has many friends around these partsThe One and Only has many friends around these partsThe One and Only has many friends around these parts

Personally, i use lightwave modeller, which can create UV maps itself. However, It's far too expensive to use just for modding purposes. You can try making a template texture thing. (I don't really know what to call it) Mkae a texture with several distinctive sections, and use that as a base for a template, which you can build your final texture on top of. I recommend using different coloured areas, with differently coloured lines a dots inside. Try not o use similar colours in it.
The One and Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2005   #5
Dark Lord Of The Sith

SithDagger is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to SithDagger Send a message via Yahoo to SithDagger

You can use LithUnwrap its free.
You cant get it at its main site anymore, look all over for it.
SithDagger is offline   Reply With Quote