Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Half-Life Series > Half-Life 2 > HL2 Mods

Remember Me?

HL2 Mods Post here about existing mods, updates, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2007   #1
I don't spend enough time here

Metalrave has disabled reputation
Default How to add a mod?????

Can some one tell me how to add a mod for half life 2. When i download it i dont know where to put it or how to start it up any help would be greatly appreciated.
Metalrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007   #2
Formerly justincase3

Status: I offer advice, but it's often given by other people.
The Typer is a regular member
Default Re: How to add a mod?????

Very good question. I take it you do not want to understand how Source works with mods so I will be quick. First, check the readme and follow directions. If their are no directions you most likely have to take the file, if the file is large I would recommend saving it to your computer first, copy it, or possibly extract it to this path: Go into My Computer, double click the hard drive (that thing that should say "Local Disk (C"), double click "Program Files", and then "Steam", "Steamapps", "Your user name for Steam", "Source Mod(s)". I'm not sure if you have to go to your user name, if after going into Steamapps you see Source Mod, go into there. Paste or Extract the folder into that file. Restart Steam if it is running and then you should have the mod now. If you do not, you may have to overwrite certain HL2 files and alike. Most mods REQUIRE HL2, and Garry's Mod requires HL2, CS:S, AND HL2: Deathmatch so make sure you have at least HL2 unless you are getting Garry's Mod. What mod are you trying to play?

If none of that made sense:
1. Copy Mod Folder
2. Go into My Computer and Double Click "Local Disk (C"
3. Double Click "Program Files"
4. Now double click "Steam"
5. Then "Steamapps"
6. And if you see the folder now double click "Source Mod(s)"
7. If you did not find Source Mods yet, double click your username folder in "Steamapps" and then you should see "Sourcemods"

Once again, if this does not work, tell us what games you have on Steam and what mod you are trying to use.

Just point me at the enemy, and stay out of my way.
The Typer.
Republic Commadno 2: Rebellion
The Typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007   #3
[130.Pz]M.Frey
First Sergeant 2

FeelFree has a sound reputationFeelFree has a sound reputationFeelFree has a sound reputationFeelFree has a sound reputationFeelFree has a sound reputation

And its even easier if its an installer.Just show it your Sourcemods folder and it will do the job for you.

FeelFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007   #4
FileFront Network Staff

Skyrider has nothing to be ashamed ofSkyrider has nothing to be ashamed of
Send a message via AIM to Skyrider Send a message via MSN to Skyrider Send a message via Yahoo to Skyrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincase3 View Post
Very good question. I take it you do not want to understand how Source works with mods so I will be quick. First, check the readme and follow directions. If their are no directions you most likely have to take the file, if the file is large I would recommend saving it to your computer first, copy it, or possibly extract it to this path: Go into My Computer, double click the hard drive (that thing that should say "Local Disk (C"), double click "Program Files", and then "Steam", "Steamapps", "Your user name for Steam", "Source Mod(s)". I'm not sure if you have to go to your user name, if after going into Steamapps you see Source Mod, go into there. Paste or Extract the folder into that file. Restart Steam if it is running and then you should have the mod now. If you do not, you may have to overwrite certain HL2 files and alike. Most mods REQUIRE HL2, and Garry's Mod requires HL2, CS:S, AND HL2: Deathmatch so make sure you have at least HL2 unless you are getting Garry's Mod. What mod are you trying to play?

If none of that made sense:
1. Copy Mod Folder
5. Then "Steamapps"
7. If you did not find Source Mods yet, double click your username folder in "Steamapps" and then you should see "Sourcemods"

Once again, if this does not work, tell us what games you have on Steam and what mod you are trying to use.
You do realize not all people have Steam installed the Steam software within their "Program Files" folder, right? Not even mentioning that would confuse the people and they still will be stuck.

Personal opinions are not endorsed by FileFront
Skyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007   #5
Formerly justincase3

Status: I offer advice, but it's often given by other people.
The Typer is a regular member

How would what I wrote confuse people? And I just assumed this person did not know where to put the mod so I figured he just installed Steam into where it was normally sent to on computers. And the person has not replied so either the mod works now or we are waiting for a reply. You could be right though.

Just point me at the enemy, and stay out of my way.
The Typer.
Republic Commadno 2: Rebellion
The Typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007   #6
Stalker Talker

FEARLESS should make some friends

My files are in the following order, but I also have the main Valve folder in the program files first, then Steam. Are there several different ways the game would load using the basic install?

1. Copy Mod Folder
5. Then "Steamapps"

FEARLESS says go play!!
FEARLESS is offline   Reply With Quote