Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Halo Series > Halo Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

Halo Problems, Errors and Help Need Help with Halo? Got useful tips on (technical) difficulties you experienced? Post all your problems and suggestions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2009   #1
[DSQ]Oberlerchner
Crewman Recruit

oberlerchner123 is a n00b
Exclamation Cannot allocate required memory. Some other application has loaded where Halo needs to be located. (Halo 1)

First i was going to ask here for help, but i thought i better dont, because in 30 minutes i figure it out myself anyway ... I was right.
Im still posting this here in case anybody else gets this bug.

It seams Windows Update has downloaded a buggy Update that causes this error.
The update's name is KB969798.
To fix this you have to uninstall it:

Start -> Control Panel -> Software -> (set tick at show Updates) -> scroll down to Internet Explorer -> Security Update for Internet Explorer (KB969798) -> Remove

(the name may be a bit different because i have the german version of Windows XP, just look for KB969798)

Edit: There's another bugged update out there now: Security Update for Internet Explorer KB972260
You have to uninstall that one too.

Last edited by oberlerchner123; October 15th, 2009 at 06:59 AM.
oberlerchner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2009   #2
I'm too cool to Post

eirikol is a n00b
Default Re: Cannot allocate required memory. Some other application has loaded where Halo needs to be located. (Halo 1)

i cant find that enywhere!
eirikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009   #3
Burn the Xeno

Primarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presence
Send a message via MSN to Primarch Vulkan Send a message via Yahoo to Primarch Vulkan Send a message via Skype™ to Primarch Vulkan
Default Re: Cannot allocate required memory. Some other application has loaded where Halo needs to be located. (Halo 1)

Update Halo to the lastest patch that will fix the issue.

"On the Anvil of War are the strong tempered and the weak made to perish, thus are men's souls tested as metal in the forge's fire." - Primarch Vulkan
Primarch Vulkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009   #4
I'm too cool to Post

Swampmonkey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post

First i was going to ask here for help, but i thought i better dont, because in 30 minutes i figure it out myself anyway ... I was right.
Im still posting this here in case anybody else gets this bug.

It seams Windows Update has downloaded a buggy Update that causes this error.
The update's name is KB969798.
To fix this you have to uninstall it:

Start -> Control Panel -> Software -> (set tick at show Updates) -> scroll down to Internet Explorer -> Security Update for Internet Explorer (KB969798) -> Remove

(the name may be a bit different because i have the german version of Windows XP, just look for KB969798)
I'm getting the same thing. It starts with "Exception" then goes to your message. I'm running Window XP 64 bit. I can't find that download by that number. Any other idea??
thanks.
J.D. Walker jwalker@yadtel.net
Swampmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009   #5
Burn the Xeno

Primarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presence
Send a message via MSN to Primarch Vulkan Send a message via Yahoo to Primarch Vulkan Send a message via Skype™ to Primarch Vulkan

I'll repeat myself Update Halo to the latest patch that will fix the issue.

"On the Anvil of War are the strong tempered and the weak made to perish, thus are men's souls tested as metal in the forge's fire." - Primarch Vulkan
Old October 3rd, 2009   #6
[DSQ]Oberlerchner
Crewman Recruit

Thumbs down Re: Cannot allocate required memory. Some other application has loaded where Halo needs to be located. (Halo 1)

No it doesnt... i decided to play Halo again after some time and it does it again...
I downloaded the patch with haloupdate.exe and it still does it.
I'll post again if i find a solution.

Old October 3rd, 2009   #7
Burn the Xeno

works fine for me..

Old October 3rd, 2009   #8

Arld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
I downloaded the patch with haloupdate.exe and it still does it.
Try and use the manual patch instead. You can download it HERE.

"You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted." ĖRuth E. Renkl
I'm a huge and proud Game of Thrones fanatic.
Formerly known as G.R.A.E.M.E.
Arld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2009   #9
[DSQ]Oberlerchner
Crewman Recruit

I had to deinstall KB972260 again. I bought a new computer so the blocked updates were downloaded again.
Thought Microsoft would have stopped distributing it by now.
Maybe another way to force Vista on people. Making Halo 2 Vista only wasnt enough, so now they make a update that will bug up Halo 1 on XP.

@Swampmonkey; I think there are other updates for Windows XP Pro 64-Bit then for my Windows XP Home 32-Bit.
Maybe someone with 64-Bit can find out what causes the crashes there?

Edit: Uwsar-Hat-Anupuw just wondering, what OS do you use?

Last edited by oberlerchner123; October 3rd, 2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: had to add something
Old October 3rd, 2009   #10
Burn the Xeno

I'm using XP, with no issues. If your using Vista then I doubt it'll work..

wait try this http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/mic...t-evolved.html

Last edited by Primarch Vulkan; October 3rd, 2009 at 10:20 AM.