Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > General Gaming

Remember Me?

General Gaming Here you can talk about all the games that don't have their own forums.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2013   #1
Notable Loser

Commissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limit
Send a message via MSN to Commissar MercZ Send a message via Yahoo to Commissar MercZ
Default The new SimCity

So, this is to come out tomorrow for US and Canada, and some of the initial reviews have been favorable. Admittedly I haven't played SimCity since the 2000 version (and being young then, I used to just cheat like crazy), but I've had a soft spot for city management games, more recently games like Tropico and Anno.

I've had some reservations about it though, since it seems EA is going to jam in their annoying online verification DRM for the product. And of course whether the game'll be worth playing or if reviewers are avoiding being overly critical of the game.

Just to put this out there though, I don't play as many games as I used to, so hopefully some of you who've been keeping track of this more might set me straight here.
Commissar MercZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013   #2
The Revolutionist

Cpt.Karnas is nobody special
Send a message via Yahoo to Cpt.Karnas
Default Re: The new SimCity

Can't wait to get it
Cpt.Karnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013   #3
The Minister

Schofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the Admins
Send a message via MSN to Schofield

I recently bought SimCity Deluxe edition during the Steam Christmas sale, it was fun for a few hours but all of the cities were the same and there wasn't much diversity. Not to mention a fairly steep learning curve (or I'm just stupid ).

This game looks pretty good though, the always-on thing has never bothered me so it's not going to play a role in whether or not I buy this. The game seems to be quite inviting, using colours and pictures instead of numbers and graphs to let people know what's going on.

Words
Words
That
That
Kill
Kill
Schofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013   #4
The Revolutionist

I have sim city 4
Old March 4th, 2013   #5
Spaceman

Octovon knows the best jokesOctovon knows the best jokesOctovon knows the best jokesOctovon knows the best jokesOctovon knows the best jokesOctovon knows the best jokes

I haven't played SimCity since SimCity 2000, so much fun. I'm curious about this new game, but I'm too lazy to fix my computer (which I'm not sure could run it anyways), and the new MLB the Show is out tomorrow.
Octovon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013   #6
The Imaginative

Admiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Admiral Antilles

I'll be getting it tomorrow for sure. I've always been a huge fan of the series, but after 3000, it just went down hill. Im really looking forward to seeing it return (somewhat) to its roots.

Personally, Im not really bothered by the online thing, never really have been, so its a non-issue for me.

I'll make sure to post some Screencaps and some thoughts.

Admiral Antilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013   #7
Mister Angry Rules Guy

Lindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super Moderator

I agree. I LOVED 3000, far more than I loved 2000, and that is quite the accomplishment! So, I thought that 4 had to be even better, but NOOOOOO. SimCity 4 was not the SimCity that I know and love. Makes me very worried that this new version might not be any better.

Of course, pushing DRM = not gonna buy. Nyet,
nei, nein, na, non, and no.

Lindale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013   #8
The Imaginative

Admiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a ModeratorAdmiral Antilles is as cool as a Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Admiral Antilles

So, I stayed up, to make sure I hit the download button so it would be ready for the morning. Took 3 minutes flat to download and install, then another 10 to day one patch. Dear god it was quick. Already did the little familiarization tutorial thing, so I;ll be making my masterpieces in no time.

Admiral Antilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013   #9
The Revolutionist

I hope it is better than 4.
Old March 5th, 2013   #10
The forums staffers think I'm Cool

Kalessin has disabled reputation

It looks like a lovely game but I really don't like the idea of the online component. Last time I looked in on Origin EA had made the same mistake the Microsoft made in having you have to sign in in each game - which basically made the system as intrusive as possible, and then they'd fragmented out their store-front into a website. - Oh and let's not forget you get banned from their forums if you say the wrong thing about their games which since they've integrated the forum accounts bans you from your games, so....

Yeah, I'm really unlikely to give them a second shot just to see if they've changed. Think I'd sooner just not play their games.
Killer Kyle likes this.
Kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote