Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > General Gaming

Remember Me?

General Gaming Here you can talk about all the games that don't have their own forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2010   #1
Banned
El Bano

Sedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super Moderator
Default Minecraft

Have you tried it?

Amazing little game it is. In fact, as far as little games go, its one of the best I've seen.

I've only recently discovered it, and unable to find a topic about it here, thought I'd initiate one. Anyone else out there crafting?

Anyone with some interesting creations that they'd like to share?

So far i've been playing in survival mode, on easy, to avoid having to hide from the monsters every time the sun sets. What i've come up with thus far is a castle of sorts, still very much rough around the edges. Though it has an interesting cellar. (Note, my screen capture app had some troubles capturing from this java based game, but you get the idea.

Alrighty, well, here's my monumental waste of time.
Spoiler:

An unassuming castle, various corridors, and passageways. Did what I could with the blocks.

The pit in the back, this small inconspicuous hole breathes light into a massive void.

A makeshift staircase/scaffolding leading near the hole, but not too it.

Another angle.

A repeating staircase starting 20 blocks above sea level, ending at the bedrock, where another void is being created.

The texture pack I used for the sun/moon, and better overall textures was Browncraft 1.1. Installed with the mcpatcher.

The editor I used to create the underground voids is NBT forge. All of these can be attained on minecraft resource sites.

[CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]When we change the way we look at things, what we look at changes.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[/CENTER]
Sedistix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010   #2
President of Novistrana

Mihail saves the day (again)Mihail saves the day (again)Mihail saves the day (again)Mihail saves the day (again)Mihail saves the day (again)Mihail saves the day (again)Mihail saves the day (again)Mihail saves the day (again)Mihail saves the day (again)Mihail saves the day (again)Mihail saves the day (again)
Default Re: Minecraft

as far as I know, plenty of people on the forum plays it, am I one of them? nope.

Mihail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010   #3
aka noobst3R

Von II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good adviceVon II is a person of good advice
Send a message via MSN to Von II

Pretty sweet. All I managed to do in three hours today is dig till I get eaten by monsters, or stay above ground and get eaten by monsters. I never build a castle or the likes...

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird
B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word

Also, I use the word "also" a lot.
Von II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010   #4
The Minister

Schofield is dead sexehSchofield is dead sexehSchofield is dead sexehSchofield is dead sexehSchofield is dead sexehSchofield is dead sexehSchofield is dead sexehSchofield is dead sexehSchofield is dead sexehSchofield is dead sexehSchofield is dead sexeh
Send a message via MSN to Schofield

I play it quite a bit. Waiting for the epic Halloween update. And to your picture, lame health bar is lame.

Words
Words
That
That
Kill
Kill
Schofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010   #5
Forum Martyr

Crumbs is as cool as a ModeratorCrumbs is as cool as a ModeratorCrumbs is as cool as a ModeratorCrumbs is as cool as a ModeratorCrumbs is as cool as a ModeratorCrumbs is as cool as a ModeratorCrumbs is as cool as a ModeratorCrumbs is as cool as a ModeratorCrumbs is as cool as a ModeratorCrumbs is as cool as a ModeratorCrumbs is as cool as a Moderator

What's so lame about his health bar?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Crumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010   #6
Banned
El Bano

Sedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super ModeratorSedistix is as cool as a Super Moderator

Meh, it came with the texture pack. Wasn't my idea to have anything done to the hud, but it wasn't optional.

[CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]When we change the way we look at things, what we look at changes.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[/CENTER]
Sedistix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010   #7
Hug me. I won't ban.

Killer Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybody
Send a message via Skype™ to Killer Kyle

I haven't built anything of nearly that scale yet in Alpha. I have plans for a tower right now, and I have a little mine going. That's about it.

I do have plans to build a 1:1 Saturn V replica (possibly with launch tower) in World of Minecraft. Whether I have the time to do it is another story.

Next episode in:
BronyState|Tumblr|Steam

Last edited by Killer Kyle; October 25th, 2010 at 01:51 PM.
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010   #8
GF Pwns Me!

Freeman45 should make some friends

so... whats the objective? to stack blocks?

sounds like fun.
Freeman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010   #9
Hug me. I won't ban.

Killer Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybody
Send a message via Skype™ to Killer Kyle

Objective: Do what you want. It's open-ended.

You'll be surprised what people have done on Minecraft.

Next episode in:
BronyState|Tumblr|Steam
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010   #10
the operator

Museum is as cool as a Super ModeratorMuseum is as cool as a Super ModeratorMuseum is as cool as a Super ModeratorMuseum is as cool as a Super ModeratorMuseum is as cool as a Super ModeratorMuseum is as cool as a Super ModeratorMuseum is as cool as a Super ModeratorMuseum is as cool as a Super ModeratorMuseum is as cool as a Super ModeratorMuseum is as cool as a Super ModeratorMuseum is as cool as a Super Moderator

Over the past few days I've been building a fortress... and it's not even half as good as that one. I don't think I'll be able to make anything as good as that...

Museum is offline   Reply With Quote