Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > General Gaming

Remember Me?

General Gaming Here you can talk about all the games that don't have their own forums.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2010   #1
I'm too cool to Post

KeithShap is a n00b
Default Black and White 2: Tiger Unlocker for Vista AND Windows 7

This is a step by step tutorial to get Black and White 2 Tiger on Vista and Windows 7.
Please post this in other forums that you visit to get the word out. I hated trying to find the answer, and I'm sure someone else is having as much trouble. No credit required.

Step One: Have Black and White 2 installed with both 1.1 and 1.2 patches installed. (don't know if this is required, but I wouldn't chance it)

Step Two: Either have the limited edition b&w2 or get the tiger unlock program. You can get the program here http://www.filefront.com/9672732/Tiger-Unlocker/
(DO NOT START the program yet)

Step Three: Click your start button, and in your search bar type in RUN (Should be the first program to show up once typed in) Click on the program

Step Four: Type in "regedit" and hit ok (Note: BACKUP your registry before doing this part! if you don't know how here is a link Windows Registry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <If someone has a site that describes it better please post it in the comments>)

Step Five: Accept everything that pops up. Don't worry it's just warning you that you could mess stuff up seriously, but we aren't changing anything we are adding. Which doesn't harm anything.

Step Six: Follow this exactly
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion]

Once you are in CurrentVersion right click in the righthand screen, and select "New" then "String Value" and name it

ProductId

Step Seven: Now, since you are so far into the registry you could get lost and add the next part to the wrong area. So, in the lefthand box make sure you minimize all the expanded options. Until you are back in the HKEY selection area, and do the process over again. Except follow this instead.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion]

Once you are in CurrentVersion. In the righthand box right click and select "New" then "String Value" and name it

ProductId

Step Eight: Now, exit out of registry editor, and start up the Tiger Unlock program. After you click on the word Unlock a message will pop up, and congrats because you have unlocked the tiger. start the game up, and see for yourself.

Credit goes to some dudes from Germany and Canada for finding the exact registries to add.

Note: If anyone could write a program that adds both registries to windows so no one has to mess with their registries please do.

EDIT! PLEASE add this page to other sites a lot of people are trying to find out how to do this. Try it yourself first if you want, but please share this with other websites! Thank you.

Last edited by KeithShap; March 22nd, 2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old January 25th, 2011   #2
I'm too cool to Post

deadlysoul is a n00b
Default Re: Black and White 2: Tiger Unlocker for Vista AND Windows 7

Hello, iv recently brought the game because iv been bored and I couldn't get the tiger because I am on a window 7 computer, so I went through your tutorial and it still doesn't work so any other advise?
Old August 8th, 2011   #3
I'm too cool to Post

DeVaStAtOr3o06 is a n00b
Talking Re: Black and White 2: Tiger Unlocker for Vista AND Windows 7

Thanks a lot
I've been stressing about not being able to get my creature for a long time, wish I had of stumbled across this page the day after you posted it, thanks again.
Old January 15th, 2012   #4
I'm too cool to Post

tenorman777 is a n00b
exclaim Re: Black and White 2: Tiger Unlocker for Vista AND Windows 7

Black and White 2: Tiger Unlocker
for Vista AND Windows 7
(UPDATED)

Please post this in other forums that you visit to get the word out. Just copy and paste this link: -http://forums.filefront.com/general-gaming/420245-black-white-2-tiger-unlocker-vista-windows-7-a.html#post5601787

This is a step by step tutorial to get Black and White 2 Tiger on Vista and Windows 7.
Step One: Have B&W2 installed with both 1.1 and 1.2 patches installed. (don't know if this is required, but I wouldn't chance it) They must be patched in order. Get them, as well as, the mega trainer v1.2.1 here:
Black and White 2 | Files | bw2patch1_1.exe | Patches | Official | Game Front
Black and White 2 | Files | bw2patch.v1.2.exe | Patches | Official | Game Front
Black and White 2 | Files | bw2v12_trn_v1201.zip | Tools | Game Front
Step Two: Either have the Limited Edition B&W2 or get the Tiger unlock program. You can get the program here:
Black and White 2 | Files | Tiger Unlocker | Tools and Utilities | Game Front
(DO NOT START the program yet)
Step Three: Create a text file with the following 7 lines and save it as "B&W2 Tiger Enabler.reg". Double Click the .reg file to add the 2 entries to the registry. (You can keep or delete the file when done):
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion]
"ProductId"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion]
"ProductId"=""
Step Four: Start up the Tiger Unlock program. After you click on the word Unlock a message will pop up, and congrats because you have unlocked the tiger. start the game up, and see for yourself.
Important: You will have to wait a few seconds for the Tiger to approach slowly from behind the hill.
Enjoy

Last edited by tenorman777; January 15th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old January 15th, 2012   #5
Hug me. I won't ban.

Killer Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybody
Send a message via Skype™ to Killer Kyle
Default Re: Black and White 2: Tiger Unlocker for Vista AND Windows 7

Wow. Resurrecting a thread to basically repeat what the OP said.

The help is appreciated, but please do not resurrect old threads.

Next episode in:
BronyState|Tumblr|Steam

Last edited by Killer Kyle; January 15th, 2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Sorry for the insult. :/
Closed Thread