Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > General Gaming

Remember Me?

General Gaming Here you can talk about all the games that don't have their own forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2008   #1
Modern Warfare

>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge
Default How do you take a heli tour in GTA IV?

I have had one heli tour icon on the city map for some time now. I've taken Kate there to take the tour 4 times at various times of day and night. I cannot see a a way to take the tour. There's no yellow chevron to trigger it, nothing in the phone I can see to call the chopper, and no one selling tickets for it at the dock.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/350/modernwarfarejn5.jpg
>Omen< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008   #2
Spamulous Spamitopian

Mitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybody
Send a message via AIM to Mitch Connor
Default Re: How do you take a heli tour in GTA IV?

You do the same thing as when you enter a taxi. I'll tell you how I did it on Xbox 360. I went to the heli tour place and when there is a pilot in the helicopter you just approach it and hold y to enter as a passenger then it just takes it from there. And I'm not sure if you can do the heli tour with 2 people.

Am I the only one who finds "Deliverance" hilarious?
Mitch Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008   #3
Modern Warfare

>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge

The thing is though, there's never a heli there when I go to the exact spot on the map where the heli icon is. I've even stood there waiting to see if a chopper would eventually show and I don't see one.

I know there's helis flying around certain spots though because I often see them when I drive across one of the bridges.

Old December 28th, 2008   #4
Spamulous Spamitopian

Mitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybodyMitch Connor is close friends with everybody

Huh, they're usually there when I play. I dunno, just keep waiting, I think there's different spots for helitours also.

Old December 28th, 2008   #5
lol wut?

Savage Steez has disabled reputation

Check Rockstar Games: Grand Theft Auto IV on one of the PC's in game. They may be able to provide you with some info.

Edit: http://www.whattheydonotwantyouto know.com/

Delete the space there: to know.com

Savage Steez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008   #6
Modern Warfare

OK, I found out what the problem was. The choppers won't spawn when you're on a date, and only half as often as they normally do at night even if you're not.

I went there at 6AM by myself and sure enough, 3 choppers were sitting on the dock and I took the tour finally. The pilot's comments and Niko's responses are quite funny.

I decided to hijack one of them after the tour and flew it to meet Jacob and Roman on the way to getting revenge against Pegorino. I still haven't quite managed the last part of that mission, but now that I know how it goes it shouldn't be too hard.

Old December 29th, 2008   #7
Spamulous Spamitopian

The last mission's a bitch and a half. They make you not only drive a motorcycle but also pilot a helicopter as if it were just a giant test of your driving skills (which it is).

Old December 29th, 2008   #8
Modern Warfare

Well honestly the Paper Trail mission is much harder for me. It took several tries, but when I finally beat it I got in a zone and even flew the chopper under the bridge pretty well. I'm far from being a skilled pilot yet though.

Just beat the game btw, and was disappointed that I only had one Assassin mission left afterward. I have all but one of the stunt jumps left though, so that will keep me entertained for a while. Once you know what it takes to beat Out of Commission it's not bad really. What worried me the most after I realized you had to chase him down with the chopper was thinking I had to wipe him out with the heli guns.

All you really have to do is stay reasonably close but fairly high to avoid the rockets, then swoop down as he approaches the statue island. After landing I should have just popped him with the sniper rifle from a distance but like a dummy I went running after him taking lots of fire from a couple cops on the dock. I ended up with maybe 30% health left when I killed him.

I just found an interesting article written last May with audio commentary from Michael Hollick, the voice actor for Niko Bellic. The guy only got $100,000 for that part and no royalties whatsoever. I wasn't aware that contracts between the actors’ union and the entertainment industry make little or no provision for electronic media like video games. So basically video game actors get screwed over.

The article says there was talk of a possible video game voice actor strike last summer, but I'm not sure they'd have the same pull as film actors were that to happen. If successful though it could mean either higher priced games or less quality in the voice overs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/21/ar...gta.html?_r=1#

Old December 29th, 2008   #9
Spamulous Spamitopian

Quote:
I just found an interesting article written last May with audio commentary from Michael Hollick, the voice actor for Niko Bellic. The guy only got $100,000 for that part and no royalties whatsoever. I wasn't aware that contracts between the actors’ union and the entertainment industry make little or no provision for electronic media like video games. So basically video game actors get screwed over.
It's not surprising. What's most surprising is how them get people like Keiffer Sutherland and Ron Pearlman to do the voices on video games, these are guys who usually make over a million per role and then they go to video game voices.

Old December 29th, 2008   #10
Modern Warfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald_Jesch View Post
It's not surprising. What's most surprising is how them get people like Keiffer Sutherland and Ron Pearlman to do the voices on video games, these are guys who usually make over a million per role and then they go to video game voices.
Yeah I know, they'd have to be dedicated gamers themselves one would think, or maybe the person that asked them did some special favor, who knows.

I watched the whole credits list for GTA IV after finishing it, took quite a while. I noticed a few well known people in the list, but for the most part no major movie star icons. I probably missed some celebs though because I wasn't watching real close. The ones that stick in my mind are Iggy Pop, Jason Sudeikis, Ricky Gervais and Juliette Lewis.