Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > General Gaming

Remember Me?

General Gaming Here you can talk about all the games that don't have their own forums.

Like Tree244Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2011   #8441
Modern Warfare

>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge
Default Re: What are you currently playing?

Back to playing Shift 2 after getting bored with DiRT 3 with one race series and the World Tours left. It's the same old thing over and over.

I had to retrain myself how to handle the cars in Shift 2, not easy on KB, esp the GT1 class cars. I also had a strange problem with the game registering 79% complete both before and after finishing the last GT1 race series, which is 10 races, the longest in the game by far.

That said, despite Shift 2 being a love/hate affair, esp on KB, I'm now thinking it's actually a better game than DiRT 3, and DiRT 3 was one of the ones I was looking forward to most this year.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/350/modernwarfarejn5.jpg

Last edited by >Omen<; June 2nd, 2011 at 01:25 PM.
>Omen< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011   #8442
*Over here! Turn around!*

YautjaLord is an upstanding memberYautjaLord is an upstanding memberYautjaLord is an upstanding member

2Omen:

Would like to ask you to jump to the thread i started here bout Crysis 2 & DX11 (if interested & also bring with you those that interested in it as well ) - got some vid for you there. Thread: Crysis 2 might get what it rightfully deserve + actual links that confirm it. Not forcing you in no way, just asking. Take care dude & thanx regardless.

Topic: AvP3, Species TDM, Rank 21, XP (total) - some 4000+, maps - Gateway & Refinery; also got a huge number of friends that play this game's TDM in Steam. Still playing as Pred only (Celtic). This game is ace.

http://forums.filefront.com/signaturepics/sigpic128995_6.gif

Last edited by YautjaLord; June 2nd, 2011 at 01:51 PM.
YautjaLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011   #8443
Modern Warfare

>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge>Omen< is almost as leet as Revenge

Yeah I already did participate there quite a bit Yaut, but I looked at that last vid anyway.

IMHO, it doesn't mean much to me. Why, because I don't actually have a DX11 card yet, and even if I did, I consider Crysis 2 to be one of the biggest let downs of 2011 PC titles.

Last we talked about it I'd said I finished it on PHW with no cloak, armor or silencers. Well turns out I'd forgotten I had finished all but the last mission, but in going back to it, I was right, none of it was undoable or even hard on PHW without those assists.

I loved Far Cry, Crysis and Warhead were pretty good too, despite being a bit easier and MUCH shorter. Crysis 2 however, is quite a devolution of the series, not an improvement. I would say the same if playing it with the patch at HD res with max settings.

There's an old saying, "You can polish a turd, but it's still a piece of shit".

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/350/modernwarfarejn5.jpg
>Omen< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011   #8444
Hug me. I won't ban.

Killer Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybodyKiller Kyle is admired by everybody
Send a message via Skype™ to Killer Kyle

Well, when you port from console and make it for the MP crowd, you see a difference. Luckily, it seems that the FPS genre is finally leaving the era of catering solely to MP players (except CoD of course).

I can only speculate this though because I didn't play Crysis 2. The first one wasn't that great for me, so I had no interest in the second one.

Next episode in:
BronyState|Tumblr|Steam
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011   #8445
*Over here! Turn around!*

YautjaLord is an upstanding memberYautjaLord is an upstanding memberYautjaLord is an upstanding member

Oh, Crysis 2 & all it's MP/SP/AI/etc... quirks & s**t. And Crytek (someone @ MyCrysis called it CrEAtek, funny s**t ) promised a s***load of stuff: destructible enviros, DX11, use of 4/6/8-core CPUs & DX11 multithreaded GPU support etc... True about "You can polish a turd, but..." stuff; still my side on the subject haven't changed: gotta see the DX11 graphical superiority in it, the modules for nanosuit, the facial/body animations, as much as i read the "f***, AI is f***ed-up/what about not nerfing weapons in MP/Gauss is POS/etc...." stuff. Crysis 1's box taking dust on my desk along with AvP; i want Crysis 2 & DNF to do the same while the discs in DVD/BD-ROMs respectively. As much as i love original Crysis, i still waiting for Crysis 2 in DX11 & wanna love to play & see it just like it's predecessor; call me stubborn. Or way too patient.

Topic: anyone of you maybe a lil' bit interested in lil' Predatory TDM moshpit? I need to rank up to unlock Wolf Pred's skin. Plus, unlike Crysis 2 this one (AvP3) is looking & playing ace: the textures, the surfaces, tesselation & DX11 shadows, water & water effects like foot steps in water look F***in'A!!!!!!!!! Only gripe i have is it seems wireframe console command either not works like it should or i typing the wrong command. Even after i Googled for this game's cvars.

http://forums.filefront.com/signaturepics/sigpic128995_6.gif

Last edited by YautjaLord; June 3rd, 2011 at 05:34 AM.
YautjaLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011   #8446
Professional Sleeper

Murasaki has a powerful reputationMurasaki has a powerful reputationMurasaki has a powerful reputationMurasaki has a powerful reputationMurasaki has a powerful reputationMurasaki has a powerful reputation

Birth of the Federation.

Great game, potentially though. It's one of the few games I have where the vanilla version is just woeful. Fortunately, the modding community have made some wonderful and much improved changes.

"There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere." - Isaac Asimov
Murasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011   #8447
High as a kite

Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)
Send a message via MSN to Granyaski

Playing C&C tiberium dawn, red alert, tiberium sun and red alert 2(all expansions).

The campaign just gets to a point where it is almost impossible. On tiberium Dawn I am stuck around level 9 for both NOD and GDI, same with Tiberium sun. Red alert I'm stuck on the last level with the allies and the second last as the Soviets. I completed Red Alert 2 as the allies haven't started Soviets yet.

Granyaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011   #8448
Fack, Fack you, Fack that
Ringwraith

BlitZ, The 57th mourns the day Revenge left the forumsBlitZ, The 57th mourns the day Revenge left the forumsBlitZ, The 57th mourns the day Revenge left the forumsBlitZ, The 57th mourns the day Revenge left the forumsBlitZ, The 57th mourns the day Revenge left the forumsBlitZ, The 57th mourns the day Revenge left the forumsBlitZ, The 57th mourns the day Revenge left the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granyaski View Post
Playing C&C tiberium dawn, red alert, tiberium sun and red alert 2(all expansions).

The campaign just gets to a point where it is almost impossible. On tiberium Dawn I am stuck around level 9 for both NOD and GDI, same with Tiberium sun. Red alert I'm stuck on the last level with the allies and the second last as the Soviets. I completed Red Alert 2 as the allies haven't started Soviets yet.
I find the older games tend to get stuck because of resource problems... I would play with a trainer if I were you.

As great as the C&C games were, limited resources is like an easy tie-game in my opinion.

BlitZ, The 57th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011   #8449
Misanthrope

Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)

Cities XL...looked up some tips and I set my city up in a "grid" type fashion, seems to work pretty well. However I haven't quite gotten the hang of the trading system and a few other key elements...I reached 100,000 citizens and my city shot straight to negative and went bankrupt in 20 minutes.

"I have this condition where I'm really lazy." ~Toby Turner
"
I mean, ugh, I don't care what people do with their bodies. It's what I want to do to their bodies that I care about." ~Schofield
"Kill the weak so they can't drag the strong down to their level. This is true compassion." ~Benzir
Totes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011   #8450
People say I post too much

Supa is generally helpfulSupa is generally helpful

So I just tried Black Ops as part of the Steam free weekend, and here are my thoughts on the direction of the series from Modern Warfare to Black Ops.

The game has really taken quite a heel turn from what it was - medium/large scale battles with good sized teams (12v12-16v16), and a large variety of decently sized maps - in Call of Duty 4, to Black Ops, with a max of 8v8 and maps so small that the chances of an enemy spawning on top of you is very high.

This pretty much cements my decision to stay away from Call of Duty games. The very little I played was not enjoyable at all. And with all but maybe 3 or 4 active servers running the DLC map packs that they conveniently left out of the free weekend download, the choice of maps was pretty skimpy. Pretty sure I only actually got to play one of them, because that's all servers played.

They've really done fuck all with it, besides dump it down.

Supa is offline   Reply With Quote