Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > General Gaming

Remember Me?

General Gaming Here you can talk about all the games that don't have their own forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2006   #1
Revenge was here.
Chief Petty Officer

carl4286 has nothing to be ashamed ofcarl4286 has nothing to be ashamed of
Send a message via AIM to carl4286
Default how big is Counter-Strike: Source?

This may sound like a weird question, but I just downloaded Steam (I'm finally reinstalling all my games after getting my new computer in early december), and I started downloading Counter-Strike: Source. Steam is telling me that the game is 3.6GB, and this seems a little high to me. The install for HL2 and Counter-Strike: Source combined was less than 5GB, which would make HL2 a smaller download than CS:S.

So yeah... I know its a dumb question, but how big is CS:S supposed to be?

CoolerMaster mBTX case | Intel 945GCZ mBTX | Pentium 4 650 3.4GHz | 1GB (2x512MB) Corsair 533MHz DDR2 | Seagate NCQ 80GB SATA HDD
carl4286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006   #2
Victim of Forgotten Hope
Forum bystander

Rikupsoni is a friend of the PeopleRikupsoni is a friend of the PeopleRikupsoni is a friend of the PeopleRikupsoni is a friend of the PeopleRikupsoni is a friend of the People
Default Re: how big is Counter-Strike: Source?

Mine says 1337 Mb in the properties. Heh, last update made it 1337..
Rikupsoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006   #3
Business Edition

Mr. Matt is Gaming Forumsí finestMr. Matt is Gaming Forumsí finestMr. Matt is Gaming Forumsí finestMr. Matt is Gaming Forumsí finestMr. Matt is Gaming Forumsí finestMr. Matt is Gaming Forumsí finestMr. Matt is Gaming Forumsí finestMr. Matt is Gaming Forumsí finestMr. Matt is Gaming Forumsí finestMr. Matt is Gaming Forumsí finestMr. Matt is Gaming Forumsí finest

I'm not sure at all, as I bought a hardcopy DVD of HL2 and installed it from there, but you have to bear in mind that there have been quite a few updates and new maps for Counterstrike: Source since it's original release. Although having said that, 3.6gb does seem on the excessive size. The only explanation I can think of is that it may be designed so that people can buy and run it even if they don't have Half Life 2, so it may also include the Source engine to allow independent operation. That's just a wild, uneducated guess though, don't quote me on that or anything.

Mr. Matt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006   #4
You can either agree with me
or be wrong.
Award

Jackthehammer has a solid fan baseJackthehammer has a solid fan baseJackthehammer has a solid fan baseJackthehammer has a solid fan baseJackthehammer has a solid fan baseJackthehammer has a solid fan baseJackthehammer has a solid fan baseJackthehammer has a solid fan baseJackthehammer has a solid fan baseJackthehammer has a solid fan baseJackthehammer has a solid fan base
Send a message via MSN to Jackthehammer

funny thing, I checked that last week, and it indeed does say: 1337MB

personal opinions are to be shoved up your personal ass.
Jackthehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006   #5
Lord of the Peach

Pethegreat saves the day (again)Pethegreat saves the day (again)Pethegreat saves the day (again)Pethegreat saves the day (again)Pethegreat saves the day (again)Pethegreat saves the day (again)Pethegreat saves the day (again)Pethegreat saves the day (again)Pethegreat saves the day (again)Pethegreat saves the day (again)Pethegreat saves the day (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewi
cs has its own topic.
post there thanks.
Moderators have a job. Don't back seat moderate

I know at one time My steam folder was about 7 to 8gb with HL, CS 1.6, CS:S, HL2, and all the HL expansion packs.

1337mb for CS:S sweet.

*goes off to reinstall and update CS:S*
Pethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006   #6
Revenge was here.
Chief Petty Officer

carl4286 has nothing to be ashamed ofcarl4286 has nothing to be ashamed of
Send a message via AIM to carl4286

Right now my Steam folder is 3.91GB and all I have is CS:S installed. I let my friend borrow my hard copy of HL2 for awhile, and it just so happens that he gave it back a few hours after I downloaded CS:S from Steam, so I guess I'll just uninstall it and get both of them off of the CD. Thanks, and sorry about missing the CS forums. I don't know anything outside the Tech Discussion.

CoolerMaster mBTX case | Intel 945GCZ mBTX | Pentium 4 650 3.4GHz | 1GB (2x512MB) Corsair 533MHz DDR2 | Seagate NCQ 80GB SATA HDD
carl4286 is offline   Reply With Quote