Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > General Discussion

Remember Me?

General Discussion Talk about general topics in here. You can also visit the sports and car discussion forums.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MoreGun89
  • 1 Post By Uchuujin
  • 2 Post By Primarch Vulkan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2014   #1
Doves all day, man!

MoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to follow
Send a message via MSN to MoreGun89
Default Caffeine Throughout the World!

I was drinking some green tea earlier and realized that I am very particular about how I drink my caffeinated bevarages.

I will prepare my coffee Vietnamese style (filter, only Longevity condensed milk, coffee may differ, but oddly never French roast which is the norm for this style)

Chai tea is made with only milk for texture.

Green, only 3 minutes steep time, no additives, genmachai (sp?) preferred.

etc.

How does everyone take theirs? Tea or Coffee? Normally if I'm not making it I'll pick tea!
MrFancypants likes this.

MoreGun89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014   #2
Voice of joy and sunshine

Nemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American English
Default Re: Caffeine Throughout the World!

Depends when and where I'm having it. At work it's just the instant crap. At home I tend to have a tea - black tea, made with real leaves in a teapot.

Last edited by Nemmerle; July 3rd, 2014 at 11:56 AM.
Nemmerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014   #3
The Bad

MrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limit

I drink coffee at work bought from some store that has a pretty good machine. Either simple filter coffee with milk or latte macchiato. I don't even like coffee that much, but it is kind of a tradition/social drinking thing.

At home I drink tea. Black (don't particularly care about the type) from those little instant tea bags. I tried buying leaves at some point, but the difference in taste wasn't that big, it was more difficult to find the right amount of tea for a given quantitiy of water and it required more effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGun89 View Post
but oddly never French roast which is the norm for this style
The French colonized Vietnam and fought a war against the Vietnamese independence movement. They lost the war, which eventually turned into the Vietnam War. Maybe that's why they don't like French roast.

MrFancypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014   #4
Alien

Uchuujin is someone we should all be proud ofUchuujin is someone we should all be proud of

Well, nothing fancy here.

Since it's summer, I just get cold water, toss it into the cup until it fills halfway, toss one small spoonful of coffee powder, three small spoonfuls of sugar and fill the rest of the cup with milk and just drink the thing.

Occasionally, I may drink black coffee (Janeway style) or toss icicles in my coffee to make it frozen, but eh, it's not the norm.
MoreGun89 likes this.

Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Uchuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014   #5
Burn the Xeno

Primarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presencePrimarch Vulkan has a commanding presence

I have Irish coffee in the morning. I had Rüdesheimer Kaffee once...it was uh unique..and uh I ended up painting the toilet a deep brown color lol
Admiral Donutz and MoreGun89 like this.

Primarch Vulkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014   #6
Doves all day, man!

MoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to followMoreGun89 - an example to follow
Send a message via MSN to MoreGun89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFancypants View Post

The French colonized Vietnam and fought a war against the Vietnamese independence movement. They lost the war, which eventually turned into the Vietnam War. Maybe that's why they don't like French roast.
To clarify, I didn't phrase it well, usually Vietnamese coffee uses French roast (AKA the reject beans).

I'm too prissy for French roast, it's usually a little more bitter than I prefer. Just tastes off. It can be done right, but it rarely is.

Primarch, Irish coffee *thumbs up*

Last edited by MoreGun89; July 3rd, 2014 at 04:40 PM.
MoreGun89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014   #7
Victim of Forgotten Hope
Forum bystander

Rikupsoni is a friend of the PeopleRikupsoni is a friend of the PeopleRikupsoni is a friend of the PeopleRikupsoni is a friend of the PeopleRikupsoni is a friend of the People

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ion_per_capita

People in Finland drink most coffee per capita. The average according to that article is 5.7 cups a day, which means you drink in the morning and several times at work and when meeting people etc.

But almost no one drinks any other coffee than basic cheap filtered coffee. Usually people either add sugar or cream/milk, but I suppose you shouldn't do that if the coffee tastes good (which many cheap brands don't).

I used to drink coffee at times, never had a habit for it but I could drink 3 cups if I had to stay awake. Oddly enough, I've never felt that I was addicted to coffee and I can be without drinking it for weeks without feeling like it.
Rikupsoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014   #8
Now made of people

Red Menace is Gaming Forums’ finestRed Menace is Gaming Forums’ finestRed Menace is Gaming Forums’ finestRed Menace is Gaming Forums’ finestRed Menace is Gaming Forums’ finestRed Menace is Gaming Forums’ finestRed Menace is Gaming Forums’ finestRed Menace is Gaming Forums’ finestRed Menace is Gaming Forums’ finestRed Menace is Gaming Forums’ finestRed Menace is Gaming Forums’ finest

I'll have tea with a bit of honey in it, usually. Earl Grey is my preferred blend.

Red Menace is offline   Reply With Quote