Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > General Discussion

Remember Me?

General Discussion Talk about general topics in here. You can also visit the sports and car discussion forums.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2014   #1
The Bad

MrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured One
Default Gas leak

So I came back from the supermarket today (bought two large bags full of ingredients for several spicy Indian dishes I'll try to cook) and noticed a strange smell in the stairwell next to my flat. I asked a neighbor, he concurred that there was a noticeable smell. So I called the company supplying the house with gas, they arrived with expensive sensor equipment, found a bunch of leaks and closed the main gas pipe.

They couldn't fix the leaks though due to missing parts, so till Monday I won't have warm water or heating. On the upside the house won't explode in a giant ball of fire.

Good thing I bought spicy Indian food.
Nemmerle and Arld like this.

MrFancypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014   #2

Status: Anxiously and eagerly awaiting Game of Thrones S04E04
Arld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finest
Default Re: Gas leak

That sounds scary. Good thing nothing bad happened.

Must admited, I'm glad we live in a house where there's no gas at all - just electricity for everything.

"You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted." ĖRuth E. Renkl
I'm a huge and proud Game of Thrones fanatic. WHERE IS MY S04E04?!
Formerly known as G.R.A.E.M.E.
Arld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014   #3
Σ(゚д゚*)!!!

Uchuujin has nothing to be ashamed ofUchuujin has nothing to be ashamed of

You should cook for me sometime.

Anyway, I'm glad your house didn't explode but it sucks that you have to wait 'till Monday for heat and warm water. That also means you'll have a huge pile of dishes :/

Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Uchuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014   #4
I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.
 photo FileFrontAwards2012BestCom</div> <div class=

FileTrekker has been noticed by the AdminsFileTrekker has been noticed by the AdminsFileTrekker has been noticed by the AdminsFileTrekker has been noticed by the AdminsFileTrekker has been noticed by the AdminsFileTrekker has been noticed by the AdminsFileTrekker has been noticed by the AdminsFileTrekker has been noticed by the AdminsFileTrekker has been noticed by the AdminsFileTrekker has been noticed by the AdminsFileTrekker has been noticed by the Admins
Send a message via ICQ to FileTrekker

Quote:
I won't have warm water or heating
Fan heater / kettle?

FileTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014   #5
Now made of people

Red Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finestRed Menace is Gaming Forumsí finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arld View Post
Must admited, I'm glad we live in a house where there's no gas at all - just electricity for everything.
But gas is so much cheaper, at least in the States.

And I'm glad you survived your first attempted assassination, Fancypants. BUT IT WONT BE THE LAAAAAAAAAAAAAST.
Red Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014   #6
Voice of joy and sunshine

Nemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American EnglishNemmerle is cool enough to use American English

Red Menace is living up to his name at last <3

#

Microwave for hot water?

IIRC the most efficient element you're likely to find is in your kettle. Remember someone rigging one up so that they could run baths from it.

Nemmerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014   #7
Σ(゚д゚*)!!!

Uchuujin has nothing to be ashamed ofUchuujin has nothing to be ashamed of

What if you put a kettle inside a microwave?

I like explosions....

Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Uchuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014   #8

Status: Anxiously and eagerly awaiting Game of Thrones S04E04
Arld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finestArld is Gaming Forumsí finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Menace View Post
But gas is so much cheaper, at least in the States.
Yeah, it is the same around here. Gas is much cheaper. The weights/ratio for electricity/gas are as following: 1/0.4 to 1/0.5 euro.

"You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted." ĖRuth E. Renkl
I'm a huge and proud Game of Thrones fanatic. WHERE IS MY S04E04?!
Formerly known as G.R.A.E.M.E.
Arld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014   #9
Cutie Mark Crusader
Yoda

Toph is addicted to GFToph is addicted to GFToph is addicted to GFToph is addicted to GFToph is addicted to GFToph is addicted to GFToph is addicted to GFToph is addicted to GFToph is addicted to GFToph is addicted to GFToph is addicted to GF

You should have just lit a match. It would have cleared the gas out. Any leaks would continue spewing fire. Lighting and heat right there.

Last edited by Toph; January 18th, 2014 at 01:50 PM.
Toph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014   #10
The Bad

MrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured OneMrFancypants - the Honoured One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileTrekker View Post
Fan heater / kettle?

I have an electric water heater, blanekts and a bottle of Whisky. That should get me through the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Menace View Post
And I'm glad you survived your first attempted assassination, Fancypants. BUT IT WONT BE THE LAAAAAAAAAAAAAST.
Heh, funny you should mention that. Last week the guy inspecting the gas furnaces (every flat has its own in this house) told me that someone removed several screws from the exhaust assembly. A previous repair was either carried out very incompetently or someone tried to give people who wander into the cellar a carbon monoxide poisoning.

And it appears that some other screws have been tempered with as well. The guy who repairs doesn't care, the guy who owns the house doesn't care and I can't prove that anyone did something with ill will. Seems like an odd coincidence though.

I need to move to another flat, I seem to have overstayed my welcome here.

MrFancypants is offline   Reply With Quote