Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > General Discussion

Remember Me?

General Discussion Talk about general topics in here. You can also visit the sports and car discussion forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2011   #11
The Minister

Schofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the AdminsSchofield has been noticed by the Admins
Send a message via MSN to Schofield
Default Re: So, I had this strange dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totes McTurner View Post
A man cannot be blamed for what his mind does in his sleep, Gran.
What if the dream is just your subconscious showing you the horrible things you've done to someone in real life? I know I haven't understood things I've done until I've dreamt about them.

Words
Words
That
That
Kill
Kill
Schofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011   #12
Mister Angry Rules Guy

Lindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super Moderator
Default So, I had this strange dream...

It helps when the dream shows you your actions from a 3rd-person viewpoint.

Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011   #13
Misanthrope

Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)

I enjoy "lifetime" dreams. Dreams where I literally live a full lifetime overnight. I've only had one or two, but they are amazingly vivid, fantastically real. It's a lot like in the movie Inception, his quote:

Quote:
"To wake up after 50 years? Old souls thrown back into youth like that, just suddenly?"
You wake up in kind of a daze, not knowing where you are, or when you are.

"I have this condition where I'm really lazy." ~Toby Turner
"
I mean, ugh, I don't care what people do with their bodies. It's what I want to do to their bodies that I care about." ~Schofield
"Kill the weak so they can't drag the strong down to their level. This is true compassion." ~Benzir
Totes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011   #14
Mister Angry Rules Guy

Lindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super ModeratorLindale is as cool as a Super Moderator

I know a particular mother and daughter who experienced just that, and to make things even better, it was a series of shared dreams between the two of them.

Just for the sake of readability, we will call them:
Mother = Mama
Daughter = Tochter

The situation is this:

Tochter’s father had died a few months before her birth. Her mother died just hours after giving birth to her. Due to this, she started life as an orphan. She did have a good life in the hands of the local church, a nun gladly raising her. It, however, was no substitute for a real family.

Mama had a nearly perfect life. She already had a great husband, an excellent house, and a son. Yet there was one thing missing from her life. What her life lacked was a daughter. With that in mind, she went in search of a young girl to call her own.

During a visit to the church’s orphanage, Mama discovered the tiny, but cheerful little Tochter, then aged 4. She was dressed in a pure white nightgown, and was carrying around a stuffed animal that strongly resembled a calico kitten. Once Mama's eyes met Tochter's, Mama knew instinctively that she and this child shared a special connection. Without a day’s hesitation, Mama adopted her. Needless to say, it was a huge success. Right from the beginning, Tochter immediately adjusted to her new home, her new family, and her new life. They quickly found her to be quite the little darling, always looking for a moment to pause and cuddle with whoever would let her.

Despite her natural joyfulness, there was one issue that had plagued Tochter since the day she was born; she had frequent nightmares. Though there was no medical cure, she did find her solace in Mama’s arms. Snuggled next to Mama in bed, she was finally able to sleep peacefully all throughout the night.

Within weeks, they both started sharing dreams. Strangely, the dreams would only come when Tochter was in bed with Mama. These, however, were not ordinary dreams. These were dreams in which Mama was the one who gave birth to Tochter. In addition, the shared dreams were not from a third person viewpoint, but rather, both people were seeing it from their own perspective eyes. These dreams started at pregnancy, and continued until they caught up to the point of the present day. Through those dreams, both were living just as if they had been together throughout Tochter’s entire life. Because of this, their relationship grew to where Mama and Tochter both forgot that the Tochter was ever adopted.

What are Mama’s comments on the circumstances? Mama boasts that even though she was not the one to physically give birth to Tochter, Tochter was already hers the moment she was born, and that Mama only needed to come find her, and bring her home, where she belonged.

Though we may often take dreams for granted, they can be quite powerful, and entirely amazing!

Last edited by Lindale; May 22nd, 2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: The story is too good to hold back.
Old May 21st, 2011   #15
Jarl of FileFrontia
2nd Lieutenant

Einherjar Silberio saves the day (again)Einherjar Silberio saves the day (again)Einherjar Silberio saves the day (again)Einherjar Silberio saves the day (again)Einherjar Silberio saves the day (again)Einherjar Silberio saves the day (again)Einherjar Silberio saves the day (again)Einherjar Silberio saves the day (again)Einherjar Silberio saves the day (again)Einherjar Silberio saves the day (again)Einherjar Silberio saves the day (again)
Send a message via MSN to Einherjar Silberio

I do actually believe on that thing about that dreams can have some sort of beyond-natural thing; Like spiritual stuff and... aye, ye get me...

BTW, I was looking at some pics of the girl A (From Chile) and she's everyday looking like... Well, just like a woman... More like her mother, though, but anyway, it's kinda reflecting what I saw in my dream...

Anyhow, interesting dream, Totes... I think sometimes, dreams like those come after a while of stress or such, so your mind puts you down with a rather nice dream, instead of worrying of anything else... Dunno, mind is strange

Dream-share topic?

CANIS LATRANS RECIPROCATE | PLURIBUS ME LUPII
Einherjar Silberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011   #16
Mister Angry Rules Guy

One real conundrum I have been faced with is “dreamsharing,” or “mutual dreaming.” This is where two or more people have participated in the same dream. This is though to be a form of telepathy shared by people who are strongly related and wish very strongly to be near each other; two people who operate on the same “frequency.” This can commonly be found in parents (especially mothers) with their children, or twins (especially identical twins). This is why we can often sense when our companion or our children are in a true situation of danger. It is also why we can answer the phone just a moment before it rings, simply because we can “feel” the person calling us.

The Aboriginal tribes of Australia believe that the dreaming world is just as real as the waking world. They believe that you actually leave your bodies and travel between these two worlds. If this is true, then it is only logical to assume that you eventually will encounter someone with whom you are close. These encounters may even occur far more than any of us know. The problem is that dreams are quickly forgotten as we awake.

It is for this reason why I tell people to keep a notebook and pencil beside their bed.

For more information, you can take a look at these:
http://www.art-rageous.net/DreamSharing.html
http://www.asdreams.org/telepathy/kellogg_1997_mutual_lucid_dream_event.htm
http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2008/04/dream-sharing/

Old May 22nd, 2011   #17
High as a kite

Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)
Send a message via MSN to Granyaski

Thats interesting Lindale as me and my brother have the same recurring night nightmare. I haven't had a nightmare in years, neither has he but when we do get them they are identical.

Granyaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011   #18
Misanthrope

Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)Totes saves the day (again)

This is why the movie Inception was such a huge success.

"I have this condition where I'm really lazy." ~Toby Turner
"
I mean, ugh, I don't care what people do with their bodies. It's what I want to do to their bodies that I care about." ~Schofield
"Kill the weak so they can't drag the strong down to their level. This is true compassion." ~Benzir
Totes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011   #19
High as a kite

Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)Granyaski saves the day (again)
Send a message via MSN to Granyaski

On another note that I missed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schofield View Post
What if the dream is just your subconscious showing you the horrible things you've done to someone in real life? I know I haven't understood things I've done until I've dreamt about them.
Cheers for ruining a nice comment by Totes there.

Granyaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011   #20
Mister Angry Rules Guy

Dreams can also be a great source of inspiration. Though I am by no means a good writer, some of my greatest stories have actually been what I have witnessed in my dreams and visions. As soon as I return to this world, I immediately grab a pencil and a notebook, and write everything. I also keep the notebook close by just incase I remember further details as the day go by.

I am by no means the first, or the last to realize this. Countless writers over the years have kept dream journals in which to write their thoughts. Robert Louis Stevenson, Stephen King, William Styron, Amy Tan, Maya Angelou, and many others, have found this to be a very effective technique in writing.