Go Back   GameFront Forums > General Chit-Chat > General Discussion

Remember Me?

General Discussion Talk about general topics in here. You can also visit the sports and car discussion forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2008   #1
Banned
El Bano

bud389 should make some friends
Default Great Dane vs. Mountain Lion

Great Dane:

Mountain Lion:

Which would win?

Signature removed because david and goliath
bud389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008   #2
Dude, fireflies!

Makrin is a regular member
Send a message via Skype™ to Makrin
Default Re: Great Dane vs. Mountain Lion

Kitty. I says Kitty would win. Although....Dog is strong...

Thinking you are at the top of the food chain is a great way to end up at the bottom of the nutrition pyramid.
Makrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008   #3
We have always been here

Anlushac11 is dead sexehAnlushac11 is dead sexehAnlushac11 is dead sexehAnlushac11 is dead sexehAnlushac11 is dead sexehAnlushac11 is dead sexehAnlushac11 is dead sexehAnlushac11 is dead sexehAnlushac11 is dead sexehAnlushac11 is dead sexehAnlushac11 is dead sexeh

Mountain Lion is stronger, has sharp claws, and has nasty fang.

There are reported cases of family dogs confronting mountain lions to protect a family member.

Some have died from wounds and some ran the cat off.

In a generic one vs one I think the cat would win but if the dog was motivated to protect a loved one he would fight harder and could possibly win.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008   #4
Snipes With Artillery

Crazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured One

The Mountain lion. They tend to be a bit bigger than Great Danes, and cats have 5 weapons whereas dogs have 1. Pumas are more agile, faster, more vicious; in pretty much every field, they're better.

Plus, it is a hound. Hounds aren't built for fighting as much as they are for chasing, barking, and nipping at heels.

Personal opinions endorsed by Zamamee

Crazy Wolf. The people's choice.
Crazy Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008   #5
What does the Fox say?

Kilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as RevengeKilobyte is almost as leet as Revenge

The Dane might be able to run the Cat off. The cat might fear the Dog's size, and bark. According to the Wiki, Great Dane's are usually 30" high at the shoulders, for a Male, and Cougar's are usually only 22" high at the shoulders.

The dogs that defeated such a cat, were not likely Great Dane's. Look at the difference in the paws. That Cat could break the Dane's legs. In a one on one death match, the Cat would have the advantage.

Smaller, Faster, Stronger, More aggressive, more energy.

The Dane does not stand a chance.

A smaller, stronger animal, such as a Pit, Mastif, Doberman, or German Shepard would have a better chance. Or better yet, a Rottweiler.

Tell me, my friend, have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008   #6
Banned
El Bano

bud389 should make some friends

Yea, but i mean Great danes do have advantages of there own, i mean great danes are a mix of Mastiff, boar hound, and irish wolfhounds, and irish wolfhounds were used as war dogs by the greeks! But alas, i do agree that there are better qualified candidates that could go up against a Mountain Lion, such as a rottweiler.

Signature removed because david and goliath
bud389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008   #7
Colonel - cha'Dlch 'aj

Steakboy has a sound reputationSteakboy has a sound reputationSteakboy has a sound reputationSteakboy has a sound reputationSteakboy has a sound reputation
Send a message via AIM to Steakboy Send a message via MSN to Steakboy

Mountain Lion says Steak.

Danes (dogs, not people) may be large, but also come included with all kinds of "special features" such as a multitude of health problems. Plus, they really aren't built for tearing up and destroying. Not as advanced of a predator.

The mountain lion has an extremely powerful build, a much more agile body, a longer movable tail for added balance, a skeletal structure which can bend more and avoid a lot of unnecessary damage, has sharper claws with more movable limbs to be able to claw an opponent from a range without getting it's head in the way too early. I definitely go Mountain Lion on this one.

Steakboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008   #8
Biff's Publicist

Riffington is a regular member

The vultures win.

The Book of Biff: Weird crap 5 days a week.
Riffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008   #9
Snipes With Artillery

Crazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured One

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud389 View Post
Yea, but i mean Great danes do have advantages of there own, i mean great danes are a mix of Mastiff, boar hound, and irish wolfhounds, and irish wolfhounds were used as war dogs by the greeks! But alas, i do agree that there are better qualified candidates that could go up against a Mountain Lion, such as a rottweiler.
They're a mix of hounds. Hounds are not designed expressly for killing, they're bred to be good at flushing out prey. Hounds used as war dogs were mainly used as distractions/inconveniences. I mean, Chihuahas were used as war dogs, it doesn't mean they'll be able to take on a mountain lion. If any dog could take out a puma, I'm think it'd be a sheepdog or one of the primal/pariah dogs.

Good answer, riffington. Then again, the vultures almost always win.

Personal opinions endorsed by Zamamee

Crazy Wolf. The people's choice.

Last edited by Crazy Wolf; August 5th, 2008 at 03:02 PM.
Crazy Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008   #10
I pretend to do stuff.

the1chaos saves the day (again)the1chaos saves the day (again)the1chaos saves the day (again)the1chaos saves the day (again)the1chaos saves the day (again)the1chaos saves the day (again)the1chaos saves the day (again)the1chaos saves the day (again)the1chaos saves the day (again)the1chaos saves the day (again)the1chaos saves the day (again)
Send a message via MSN to the1chaos

I'd say a Rhodesian Ridgeback would stand a far better chance than a great dane. The danes are just too large and slow.
the1chaos is offline   Reply With Quote